Is it normal for a guy and girl that are just friends to say they like each other?

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

whats their history? where did they first meat? how long have they known each other? did they go to high school or grammar school together? was he piping before you?

lulz

Oh naw ya'll generally aren't bad people, some real friend !*+% will happen here and there, but ya'll still do what you do.

i doII have female friends. some of them i like more than friends but I'll never tell them either cause they are in relationships or I dont wanna take that chance to break our friendship. Its a hard thing to do.

Originally Posted by cap1229

I'm not a bad person tho. Lol I'm not going around whispering in dudes ears that I know want it but that I'm not feeling in that way. I'm not a bad person to have on your side. Lol I don't discriminate. Should i stone face these dudes? Be mean to em? That's not my style. I throw a smile to everyone.

I don't think so at all, but that's because I peep game. (Had to learn the hard way though
mad.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
)
But to those who don't peep game....you are all type of names.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i didnt call you anything maam...

i just find it strange that you flirt with your male "friends" who obviously want to have sex with you but you deny them and continue to flirt with and keep them around as your "friends"

imo it just all comes around to it feeding your ego.

they could easily just stop being her friend...

i dont understand how guys get so mad about the FZ when they play apart in it too...just stop being her friend
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i agree..but its just a circle...once they stop..some new guy(s) come along...etc

again...not our fault...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

i dont understand how guys get so mad about the FZ when they play apart in it too...just stop being her friend
laugh.gif

Cause some people aren't good at reading hints/signs, and you can't blame them.

Saying it's partially the guy's fault is just brushing the blame off one's shoulders. It's like me ripping my friend off completely and justifying it by saying "well my friend was dumb enough to get ripped off by me, so it's also his fault".

Sure, if you want to look at it that way.

no its not the same...if you're goal is to have sex w/her and thats not what youre getting then leave...no one makes you stay in a friendship...

we're grown now...i could understand back in MS/HS but now if youre not getting what you want from shorty nothing is making you stay

Originally Posted by solefood229

Ol dude going drake to take your lady from you, he ain't slick playing the sensitive understanding role, girls current bf gets jealous breaks up with her, girl needs a shoulder to cry on, drake is there to console her, with a glass or two of sangria, then bam drake is smashing your girl

We call that Going drake on the ***!@

exactly what he doing 
laugh.gif

OP good move on cutting ties with her

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i just find it strange that you flirt with your male "friends" who obviously want to have sex with you but you deny them and continue to flirt with and keep them around as your "friends"

laugh.gif

They think they have a chance, believe it or not, some guys who got friended later on got a chance.
But it is sad that they seat there waiting for someone to "come around" 
laugh.gif

Shouldnt be waiting for anyone.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

They think they have a chance, believe it or not, some guys who got friended later on got a chance.
But it is sad that they seat there waiting for someone to "come around" 
laugh.gif

Shouldnt be waiting for anyone.

What about women that wait around for dudes to commit to them while *+!+%!! all these random #@@ women? Is that all of a sudden the dudes fault cause the woman decided to wait. No. She's there for a reason.

I'm not a bad person tho. Lol I'm not going around whispering in dudes ears that I know want it but that I'm not feeling in that way. I'm not a bad person to have on your side. Lol I don't discriminate. Should i stone face these dudes? Be mean to em? That's not my style. I throw a smile to everyone.

Smiling is not synonymous with flirting. You don't have to be mean, you don't have to be flirtatious, you just have to be friendly. Because you're friends. Get it? It really isn't a hard concept to understand. You flirt with people you like, you're friendly with people you are friends with. Do you see guys flirt with other guys when they're just friends? No. Then what makes you think that it's still a real friendship if you're flirting? Just do what the other dudes in this thread told you and refer to them as associates, stop lying to them and to yourself. When you start treating your "friends" like friends then I feel like you'll actually be a lot happier-- Less drama, less misunderstandings, and more real, heart-warming friendship. 

^ Dude why are you trying to play for some dumb !@%$#? Lol I don't have drama in my life especially not over no dude I'm not #+@!%$+. I respect your overall message but your tone...I don't like it.

flirting = initiation of the mating ritual

flirting =/= friendly banter

people may flirt as a substitute for polygamy or to up their status (alpha male or queen bee)

can't say it's harmless (as evidenced by this thread)

at the end of the day, do whatever you want

but, if you consider someone a friend, part of your responsibility in that friendship is to look for signs that they are developing feelings/want something more and to change things if that is the case

bruce negro wrote:
Smiling is not synonymous with flirting. You don't have to be mean, you don't have to be flirtatious, you just have to be friendly. Because you're friends. Get it? It really isn't a hard concept to understand. You flirt with people you like, you're friendly with people you are friends with. Do you see guys flirt with other guys when they're just friends? No. Then what makes you think that it's still a real friendship if you're flirting?

A lot of women in general dont get this.
It drives me crazy cause almost had a friend get raped because of it.
Certain dudes should not be flirted with.
I swear I will teach my daughter "boys and girls cant be friends!!!" dont care what nobody say
grin.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

bruce negro wrote:
Smiling is not synonymous with flirting. You don't have to be mean, you don't have to be flirtatious, you just have to be friendly. Because you're friends. Get it? It really isn't a hard concept to understand. You flirt with people you like, you're friendly with people you are friends with. Do you see guys flirt with other guys when they're just friends? No. Then what makes you think that it's still a real friendship if you're flirting?

A lot of women in general dont get this.
It drives me crazy cause almost had a friend get raped because of it.
Certain dudes should not be flirted with.
I swear I will teach my daughter "boys and girls cant be friends!!!" dont care what nobody say
grin.gif

i mean i'm sure some gay guys flirt w/their gay friends...

its never ok to lead anyone on but i don't see why a male/male female/female friendship would be the same as a male/female friendship...there's room for it to be different on the fact that we are the opposite sex

its never ok to lead anyone on but i don't see why a male/male female/female friendship would be the same as a male/female friendship...there's room for it to be different on the fact that we are the opposite sex

myt, you're right, the relationship is a little different. For example, a brother will be more protective of his sister than of his brother. He might pay more attention to her clothing and compliment her more. Those are normal differences between guy-guy vs. guy-girl relationships when the relationship is nonsexual.

But when would a brother ever flirt with his sister?

That makes the relationship of a sexual nature.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

myt, you're right, the relationship is a little different. For example, a brother will be more protective of his sister than of his brother. He might pay more attention to her clothing and compliment her more. Those are normal differences between guy-guy vs. guy-girl relationships when the relationship is nonsexual.

i dont do that 'he's like my brother' thing...its corny and not the case for any of my friendships w/guys

there's one guy thats not blood that i MIGHT consider to be like a brother...the rest we're friends but i'm not dumb and they aren't...if given the chance most would hit...hell i've had the converstation multiple times w/them.

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

MEN AND WOMEN CANNOT BE JUST FRIENDS.
MEN AND WOMEN CANNOT BE JUST FRIENDS. (for emphasis)
Maybe for you immature people. As for us adults, we are fully capable of being friends with the opposite sex.

Oh come on Wall-e. lol
I'm just a little bitter.
frown.gif

Admittedly, I'm being very strict with my definitions in this thread. In relaity, there is some room for flirting. I just ask, if he's a good guy and you think he has feelings, then give him a chance. But, if it's just some guy who goes around trying to get with anything that moves, then yeah, feel free to play his 
7d51574a69d6fbf7c66591dcde7fe1322df06d2.gif

i dont do that 'he's like my brother' thing...its corny and not the case for any of my friendships w/guys

there's one guy thats not blood that i MIGHT consider to be like a brother...the rest we're friends but i'm not dumb and they aren't...if given the chance most would hit...hell i've had the converstation multiple times w/them.
As long as it's understood on both sides, then that's fine. Eventually, though, whenever you settle down, most of those friendships will probably change.

Oh come on Wall-e. lol
I'm just a little bitter.
frown.gif

I am being very strict about it. There is some room for flirting. I just ask, if he's a good guy and you think he has feelings, then give him a chance. But, if it's just some guy who goes around trying to get with anything that moves, then yeah, feel free play his 
7d51574a69d6fbf7c66591dcde7fe1322df06d2.gif

As long as it's understood on both sides, then that's fine. Eventually, though, whenever you settle down, most of those friendships will probably change.

thats life...there are plenty of girls i'm not friends w/cuz life changes so it may be the same w/some of my guy friends...none of us have ever violated anyone's relationships if i get a man i fall back...they get a girl they fall back...we give each other @@%$ for it but its no hard feelings

i mean i'm sure some gay guys flirt w/their gay friends...

I wouldnt suggest that too. Its the same thing as boy/ girl.

I agree you on that, but probably in a different way, you should be more on gaurd with male friends.
I take off my shirt in front of my female friends, not my male associates though.
I  will hug my female friends, but I give dabs/handsakes to my male associates.
If I havent seen them in a while I will give a hug.
We have the tendency to play boyfriend with dudes sit on laps, play with hair, its only natural.
But the problem is you never know if they truly like you.
Just dont want to be placed in a awkward situation
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom