Is it true? Facebook is played out. Twitter is better?

Once they introduced the Facebook messenger app, i can count on one hand the number of times I have logged onto the actual Facebook.

Never made a Twitter, and my instagram has like 10 photos on it from last year. I prefer meeting my friends in person then interacting with them through social media

The whole concept of social media is played out. I'm fine with having a FB account and making a post here or there, uploading a few photos of a significant event, but I get worried when I see people documenting every meal they eat, every bar they go to. Furthermore, the media and politicians are turning to it under the guise of "connecting with the youth" when in fact they're taking advantage of the required brevity to get away with lacking eloquence. Not saying you have to burn your accounts, but be aware of how you're spending your time and living your life.

yes but I don't bother making a twitter. 

go on FB like once a day for about 5 minutes see anything important.

My main social media is instagram. 
Something important being posted on Facebook is an oxymoron

lol this was prob. the biggest reason for the mass exodus.
laugh.gif

facebook got stock market shares that is doing well...they ain't going NOWHERE anytime soon...

i suspect any new platform that rises up facebook will just buy em out.

instagram is piss poor when it comes to news.

When my grandma, aunts, uncles, lil cousins etc got on fb....things changed lol

Them pg 13 status updates.

Going to concerts parties or restaurants and seeing everyone recording something for their twitter FB or IG is soooooooo wack.
This. 

I miss the old days where everyone was 100 percent "where they were" at all times. That made for better moments, relationships, and overall quality of life. 

Nowadays every two minutes people are checking to see what everyone else is doing in the world, planning their next moment, or recording the moment they are in for everyone else to see...  instead of fully enjoying the moment that they are in.

Its sad of you really think about it. 

Last edited:
Deactivated both to focus more on reading. I got tired of seeing people brag about every thing taking place in their life. The pictures/statuses weren't so much "cool/interesting stuff" as it was "look-at-me and what I'm doing".

What's funny is that the people that you never interacted with in real life take upon the same role in social media. You barely glance at their pages/posts and never really interact with one another.

I never was too crazy about twitter in the first place, some people are junkies for it. I do have an instagram, tho.

I agree 110% I only use FB for sales online. I took everyone off my news feed and I don't use any other form of social media. I also have been focusing on reading which has been very eye opening to me.

I have over 5600 friends on Fb. Haven't logged on in months. I mainly use Instagram. That's all

I hated FB after they expanded it beyond college students. After that, I knew it was a wrap and it would be Myspace-like. Twitter is cool, but idk, sometimes 140 characters isn't enough. Not sure how tweeting can effect how you actually express yourself outside of twitter. I wonder if kids in class give responses in short sentences lol

If u in college i think fb is a must tho.....
Its a womenz dictionary on your life(style) etc.

Both Serve different functions

Facebook is a tool mainly to connect

Twitter is a tool mainly to express

Of course you can switch the two but functionally it works better this way.

IG offers a lot of comic relief, for example when the whole aaron hernandez thing just started there was massive comedy,

twitter- i get on here and there when everyone is talking about the same thing, like an awards show or something, its usually very entertaining then...

FB- dead to me, keep it in case i have to get in contact with old birds or family haha....

"who cares get off the internet and step into the real world"..... 

says the guy  on NT ..... lol

I kind of miss the customizations of myspace though. We were more creative back then when deciding the music and background and such. 
My top tier built PC couldn't even load a friends page, I was on DSL too :x
my CPU used to straight crash when i tried to get on one of my homeboys pages :lol: :x

And i just browse IG from time to time...no twitter and FB round my way is dead.... The old Myspace was the best tho :pimp:

Last edited:
da thing ya dont understand is facebook provides message board esque interaction between casual mainstream folk that instagram and twitter

dont do as well, we obviously dont use it like that because we got NT for long form reading and posting...its already bigger then myspace

ever was, and with da infusion of ads, share buttons littered all over da web, and investors, fb is gonna be a internet staple for da next forseeable

future.

they were keen on buying out instagram, that plugged a BIG potential exodus hole, even though with certain options turned on, FB did da same

exact thing (view picture updates only)

Myspace was the **** back in the day :lol:

When I could start posting music videos it was on :pimp:

:stoneface: @ my computer crashing going on to some chicks page

with myspace it was always a question if your computer was going to crash or not when clicking on certain people's page.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom