is it true that once you turn 21 you don't even want to drink as much?

turning 21 in two weeks, but I'm already a regular at bars and clubs, so will it be any different when I'm finally 21?

all my friends who are 21 say they stopped drinking as much when they got to that age.

posting hungover, after 3 straight days of bar hopping. spent like 600$ in the last 3 days alone in bars smh

Last edited:
I turned 21 almost a month ago. Before that, I had a few spots that never carded me so I always drank there even if they were a little out of my way. Either that or I just drank at my friends houses. Now, I like just going to a few bars and just chilling without having to worry about getting carded or raided. Getting sloppy drunk is getting old but nothing wrong with a few drinks every now and then.

No. Well it just depends on the person. Not sure why being 21 would make you want to drink less. People are weird.

yea, if you didnt have a instant connect, the thrill of planning and scheming to see how you were going to get it made the experience worth it..i was just at applebees last night looking at calendar they have saying if under this date you can't drink..It just hit me im 22 years old that ish is crazy

No.

I drank more in med school than I did in college.

Started drinking when I was 15 or 16

Cut my drinking wayyyyyyyyyy down when I was about 23... 26 now. I go out MAYBE 2 times a month and go hard in the bars... 2 times might even been an aggressive estimate.

yeah... people still drink after 21??!!
We off that round here...

Getta meth addiction and get on my LEVEL!!

Depends on how much you were drinking before you turned 21.

Before 21, having alcohol is illegal and considered taboo so just getting access to it provides a better feeling than being able to legally get access to it anytime you want.

Personally i think that this would happen if weed was legalized.

yea, if you didnt have a instant connect, the thrill of planning and scheming to see how you were going to get it made the experience worth it..

thats what im sayin, if i can have it, im probably not even going to go as hard.. guess ill have to wait and see :smh:

yea, if you didnt have a instant connect, the thrill of planning and scheming to see how you were going to get it made the experience worth it..i was just at applebees last night looking at calendar they have saying if under this date you can't drink..It just hit me im 22 years old that ish is crazy

exactly... the feeling of having something thats considered illegal to possess at that age made it fun.

im 23 and the idea of drinking makes me sick

i dont know how any of you can deal with hangovers :x

Yeah, that's why bars don't exist today. Because once you're old enough to go, you don't want to anymore.

What kind of question is this?

It all depends on why you drink....if you are drinking to fit in or drinking to get drunk, then it is only a matter of time before you cut back or become an alcoholic.

Happy hours and catching a game at the bar is always appreciated.

Its semi true. During the ages of 15-20 all i could think about was jack Daniels and Crown Royal but now that Im old enough to drink I usually only drink socially

I still drink like a 19 year old chick on the weekends.

To me it's even better now that I have a real job. I work my *** off during the week and go hard at the bars on the weekend. :pimp:

Not true at all.
It's not an understatement to say that I enjoy drinking MUCH more now than I did 15 years ago.
Seems like a cliche, but I drink because I like the taste.
I may drink less often, but I drink better
I have no problem dropping $15 on a bottle of great beer. Or $50 on a bottle of good bourbon..

-J-

at 21, I wasn't even at my peak with drinking. alcohol helps take the edge of the pain of living . . . in the words of Frank Sinatra:

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

I didn't start drinking until I turned 21. I enjoy drinking much more now @ 25. I have a taste developed now. Feels good man.

Back
Top Bottom