is it true that once you turn 21 you don't even want to drink as much?

im 23 and the idea of drinking makes me sick

i dont know how any of you can deal with hangovers :x

I don't. Gatorade and advil after drinking but before sleeping = little to no hangover.

Really the only time I get hungover anymore is in Vegas and it's all good bc I just drink more the next day

The best hang-over cure I've found is coconut water.
For me, it works better than Gatorade.
A large coconut water, a greasy breakfast and 4 Advil and I'm good.

-J-

you forgot a blunt.

people who said ohhh you dont drink as much anymore because you can legally do it now... HELL NO, been waiting for this moment for awhile, im 21 and i love it. go anywhere and everywhere i want to.

The best hang-over cure I've found is coconut water.
For me, it works better than Gatorade.
A large coconut water, a greasy breakfast and 4 Advil and I'm good.

-J-

Any drink that has electrolytes works fine. I use the low calorie gatorade and I know those who swear by pedialyte. All that matters is electrolytes and low/no sugar.

Yeah, that's why bars don't exist today. Because once you're old enough to go, you don't want to anymore.

What kind of question is this?

this is a question asked and answered by teenagers and those in their early 20's who think that alcohol consumption is a fad or something that is only done to look cool.

Not true at all.
It's not an understatement to say that I enjoy drinking MUCH more now than I did 15 years ago.
Seems like a cliche, but I drink because I like the taste.
I may drink less often, but I drink better
I have no problem dropping $15 on a bottle of great beer. Or $50 on a bottle of good bourbon..

-J-

dont get me wrong. i enjoy the taste of alcohol. theres a reason why i stock 4-10 different types of whiskeys in my liquor cabinet at all times. variety is the spice of life.

that being said, i like to drink because i like how it makes me feel. i dont always drink to get s-faced. my body is getting too old for the constant wear and tear of all night benders. but that feeling after getting home from a long day of work, kicking off the work clothes, jumpin into some bball shorts, and hittin the couch with a nice stiff pour of Red Breast with a touch of water... FEELSGOODMAN.

back to the original question at hand.

I was a late bloomer of sorts and didnt start drinking until I was 18 (college). While its a different type of drinking now (no mixed drinks or fruit juice/soda mixers, only beer, wine, or liquor neat or on the rocks), I can honestly say that I enjoy drinking more and want to drink more now at 32 than I did 10+ years ago. Hell, I think I actually do drink more now. In college it was more binge drinking, but only several days a week. Now, I drink damn near 7 days a week.

you forgot a blunt.
people who said ohhh you dont drink as much anymore because you can legally do it now... HELL NO, been waiting for this moment for awhile, im 21 and i love it. go anywhere and everywhere i want to.

Of course as SOON as you turn 21 its like that. Wait til 1-2 yrs from now. It'll get old quick.

you forgot a blunt.

Of course as SOON as you turn 21 its like that. Wait til 1-2 yrs from now. It'll get old quick.

Getting blasted 3-4 times a week got old quickly and I left that in college.

But I'm more likely to drink a beer or hard liquor on the rocks on a consistent close to daily basis at 27 then I was at 21-22. Also much more likely to enjoy a beer when eating out than ever before

All I really drink is vodka, vodka & red bull, or vodka and cranberry, and I dont really deal with hangovers ever... Maybe just a small minute dizzy in the morning, but nothing considerable. It's gone by afternoon.

this is a question asked and answered by teenagers and those in their early 20's who think that alcohol consumption is a fad or something that is only done to look cool.

Seriously. Honestly, if you have to ask this question, you haven't experienced life nearly enough. It doesn't matter how much one drinks, but the quality of life you receive from it. I drink heavily when I want to and don't when I don't. Regardless, do you.

yes.. its scienctifcally proven...
eyes.gif
is this what NT is now???

The only thing I would say is that I drink less often because of different responsibilities and what not. Like this summer I had a 9-5 internship rather than a schedule at a retail store than I did in the past so I could still go out some nights during the week. And when I'm away for school now it's more of a priority to study during the week and just take the weekends to party.

But turning 21 was awesome because there were no limits anymore. Like I'd drink at a lot of places before and get away with it, but now its no pressure whatsoever and it can be just about anywhere!

I'm not sure about drinking (im not really a big drinker anyway) But I know that once I hit 21, I thought I was gonna go wild and go to clubs every single weekend, especially since I live in Vegas.

After about month, the clubs got bored real quick! :lol: Did and witness the same crap over and over. "Same **** just different scene"

Last edited:
yea its true i rarely go to the clubs or bars or buy alcohol anymore
only time is when one of my good friends throws a party then ill buy like a bottle or something

Getting blasted 3-4 times a week got old quickly and I left that in college.
But I'm more likely to drink a beer or hard liquor on the rocks on a consistent close to daily basis at 27 then I was at 21-22. Also much more likely to enjoy a beer when eating out than ever before
this. you learn to enjoy what you are drinking, not just trying to consume mass quantities.

I really don't see this happening to me. Maybe because i'm 19 now and I don't really see it as this horribly illegal thing that gives me some sort of rush :rolleyes . I just drink because it's fun

Last edited:
i didnt drink in high school. didnt really drink much when i turned 21 either. drinking just aint my thing although the past couple years i do drink on wknds, brandy usually. i dont like to mix, i just drink from the bottle (i'm 26)

Heavy drinker when I was 19-22...got older and care more about health diet and development. Rarely ever drink now...hangovers sucked...setting ur gains back sucked...spending hella cash on it sucked... I'm glad I got over it...my dad ended up becoming an alcoholic...if I do drink its gotta be clear..like a norcal margarita. Id still rather much prefer to cheif than drink as it has lesser negative consequences.

No. Well it just depends on the person. Not sure why being 21 would make you want to drink less. People are weird.

THIS People ARE weird.

The only reason you'd want to drink less is drinking at the bar is expensive :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom