Is Jordan's legacy tarnished?

Discussion in 'Jordan Brand' started by ekhunter, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Yes it is, Michael fell to the ALL MIGHTY dollar!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No it isn't!!!, Michael doesn't screw us over and makes the greatest quality shoes of all time!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ekhunter

ekhunter

I mean I know alot of you wont understand this, because of all the good shoes relesing lately, but do you guys believe that his legacy is tarnished by giving us shoes that are subpar and not even a shell of their former selves? when i read that tounge tag on my XI's, I honestly cant believe that they even believe that. I shake my head in disgust. I would of NEVER expected this from the G.O.A.T. I honestly cant believe it.. Do you guys think deep down inside he knows he is FUC#%^& us?? Discuss :smokin

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. beerdrum108

beerdrum108

I'm pretty sure it's all about the money at this point

3. squatchnt

squatchnt

Was it EVER about anything else?

eltouha likes this.
  4. iamyourfather

iamyourfather

since when is a player's career legacy in any way determined by what they sell off the court.. he was in a hanes commercial rockin the hitler mustache.. that has nothing to do with him being the g.o.a.t. like the hall of fame was like "6 rings, 5 league mvp's, 6 finals mvp's... but yo check out the quality on these CDP bred 11's. gota cancel out some of those titles"

knock it off

5. ekhunter

ekhunter

hypebeats need not apply, we allrdy know what you think, LOL :tongue:

6. ucbsupafly

ucbsupafly

Tarnished? What good is his legacy if he can't benefit or profit from it? If he can't tarnish his own image in the past with gambling, retiring and re-retiring, baseball fiasco, HOF speech, etc, I don't see how selling some mass produced retros that everyone wants could tarnish it.

7. ijapino

ijapino Administrator Staff Member

Jordan's legacy will never be tarnished...But the Brand, well that's another story...

eltouha, jordan921 and stingray23 like this.
  8. ballahb

ballahb

^THIS.....unless he attempts another comeback

9. dankenstien88

dankenstien88

" QUALITY BASKETBALL PRODUCTS INSPIRED BY THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER"

or

" QUESTIONABLE CASUAL PRODUCTS INSPIRED BY THE GREEDIEST PLAYED EVER"

?

10. toughmoney

toughmoney

Tarnished? nope, I'm surprised JB doesn't charge even more for retro j's still. People eating them up like an all you can eat free buffet.

11. airthompson

airthompson Moderator Staff Member

JB has been all about the money probably since day one. Otherwise why create a $100+ shoe to begin with?

12. acgrizzy

acgrizzy

In my mind the shoe quality doesn't diminish what he did on the court. It's just makes him a shady businessman in my opinion. He's by no means unique in that regard but it does conflict with impressions I had of MJ when I was younger. I had unrealistic expectations from a player that I looked up to.

13. squatchnt

squatchnt

You said what I said, but better. If his image is tarnished because of his shoes it happened a long time ago. Kids been getting hurt over these shoes waaaaaay before camping out. As far as past quality I can only say the bar was much lower.

14. richishellarich

richishellarich

This is true. However the shoes are selling regardless. 

15. clong7

clong7

... the idea that you think his legacy might be tarnished amazes me. I'm not trying to breed any hate but we have to take a step outside of a sneakerheads mind. Most people cannot name the shoe jordan won the most games in, won his first championship in or played his last game in. When you ask an average sports fan, the extent of their knowledge is that he won 6 championships and that he is arguably the greatest player of all-time. So the fact that his shoe brand is releasing sub-par quality retros does not concern his millions of millions of fans that aren't affiliated with his shoe corporation. Sorry for the long message but I needed to get it out. Cool Story Bro.

16. el bro

el bro

It should read " Quality Inspired by Kwame Brown"

17. bence23

bence23

i blame 90s babies.

toughmoney likes this.
  18. 18albee

18albee

His legacy will never be affected solely because of the shoes that Nike puts out. Im pretty sure Jordan does not have much to say about the recent production of these shoes nor would he want to. Even if the quality of these shoes suffer they will always sell out in stores because we all idolize Jordan and what he meant to the game of basketball and how he changed the shoe game... IMO

19. airmvtwo

airmvtwo

definitely not. Jordan is making bank because he's a smart business man. point blank period

20. acgrizzy

acgrizzy

Maybe JB quality is part of the reason Nike doesn't want their logo associated with the shoes. I know there are many different explanations for it, but part of me thinks that is possible.