Is Kanye a top 10 rapper of all-time?

:smh: y'all boys just have something against Wayne. And the sad part is, it's current wayne y'all don't like. Nobody likes him though. If you've listened to anything from Wayne between lights out to Carter 3 you could never disagree with Wayne being a top 10 rapper. Like this is blasphemous to me :lol:

...I ***** with "We be clubbin" though, that used to be the jam back in the day

Lately, I have been re-assessing who I put in my top 10 MC's of all time and recently on the lower end of that 10 I have been struggling and going back and forth on whether Kanye is in there.

Has Kanye's College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, 808's and Heartbreak, MBDTF, Watch The Throne, Yeezus been enough for your top 10?

nope.

Please tell me that's not the first song you think of when you think of Cube.

Um no. First thing that comes to mind is "Check yo Self". That song is randomly in my head for the whole day every couple of months. "Today was a good day" is a line that's dropped anytime me or my boys tell a story about...what else a good day. But any time I think of "Straight outta Compton" the lyrics to "Straight outta Locash" pop in my head :lol:

Who is this trolling *** dude Offset Pow Clow?

Dude is trolling hard these last few months under that new screen name.

Occasionally, NT makes me feel old as hell. This is one of those times. I'm from the suburbs of NO and I wouldn't DREAM of putting Wayne over Ice Cube. Ice Cube?! Mr. Straight outta compton, F### the Police, Dopeman? Nah. Now, I like Wayne. I still listen to his stuff occasionally. But better than Ice Cube? A better/more significant MC than Ice Cube? No sir. Not even close.

Occasionally, NT makes me feel old as hell. This is one of those times. I'm from the suburbs of NO and I wouldn't DREAM of putting Wayne over Ice Cube. Ice Cube?! Mr. Straight outta compton, F### the Police, Dopeman? Nah. Now, I like Wayne. I still listen to his stuff occasionally. But better than Ice Cube? A better/more significant MC than Ice Cube? No sir. Not even close.

And are you basing this off of lyricism or nostalgia?

I'm sure he's basing it on lyrics, content, substance, storytelling. All areas where Cube is better than Wayne.

Last edited:
This whole cube vs. Wayne discussion is horrible. Half of the people in here haven't even heard most of cubes solo work but wanna sit here and debate pretending like they know what there talking about. Simply both are great. Both had huge influences on the genre, whether it be for the better or worse. Both are arguably top 10 artist. No need to sit here and discredit either because at the end of the day both made great music for a good amount of their careers.

Based off of who's better. These Wayne fans are living off of nostalgia. I throw a Cube album on every other week and ride to it. I'll go back to some old Wayne **** rarely. He put out some dope mixtapes and 2 albums I enjoy during his run but nothing he did or said has blown my mind or made me go :wow: I honestly give a **** less what impact he's had, it doesn't make him good or better than more talented artists that have put out better work.

Last edited:
LOL@straight outta locash. I need to pop that in the player. Need a good laugh.

First solo cube song that pops in my head is....bird in a hand, check yo self w/ Das efx

Haha well I'm embarrassed, I meant as a rapper.... haha maybe I'm crazy

for me... this is how I recently shaped it out.

10. Kanye

9. Too short

8. Scarface

7. Eminem

6. Sir mix alot (lol)

5. Adree 3k

4. Jay-z

3. Nas

2. Biggie

1. 2pac

/fixed lol

Back