Is Kanye West too UPPITY to be the world's greatest living rockstar?

Yes I read the article, I even know how you would come to your conclusion.

Its still reaching doe. We could play your game and name black artist, but its a dumb argument no one wants to have.

Culture vultures existed before rap

Rock

Jazz

Show respect to the ones who paved the way for your linage to come through and steal the art (like always)
Do you have any idea of the amount of respect musicians show to those that came before them? Stones/Clapton/Black Keys don't show respect? They're culture vultures? 

Kanye, Pharrell, Wayne and all these other skinny jean wearing dudes at the FOREFRONT of hip-hop got their style from the punk scene, so….I guess they're culture vultures? 
punk scene was influenced  and inspired by the rock scene and the beat generation..... 

rock scene birthed by the "original" rock and roll scene  = black culture

beat generation influenced by jazz scene in the 20's = black culture

Last edited:
Gwap when you mention Beat Generation do you mean the beatnics or beat poets like Keruac?

Rock legends love kanye tho its mostly the ones losing relevancy hating

Some of these guys aren't even making records anymore lol. They don't need approval from anybody today, but they do deserve respect. When they rebeled, there was actual substance tagged to the posturing. They're just saying that this man Kanye has all this attention and adulation from the public, but pisses on it all by putting his name next to the likes of Michael Jackson, MLK and Prince and acting as though there are so many doors closed to him, as if he's a champion for so many causes that are plaguing society. There isn't much left to say or do that could even be considered provocative or "shocking" in 2015.

So in your opinion Little Richard and Chuck Berry are bigger rockstars than Mick Jagger and Keith Richards?
When you go to the archives, do me a favor, tell me who imitated who so we can get to the bottom of your question.

So in your opinion Little Richard and Chuck Berry are bigger rockstars than Mick Jagger and Keith Richards?
When you go to the archives, do me a favor, tell me who imitated who so we can get to the bottom of your question.
Why don't you tell me what the bottom of my question is? Pretty clear if you ask me… Who's the bigger rockstars? 

You ain't schooling me on music history bruh, I'm well aware of who imitated who. 

Is Kanye the musical equivalent of Lebron James?

He's good, one of the best in the game right now, puts up the numbers to prove it, but not as good as people that know any better make him out to be?

I don't usually attack people but foh don't you ever compare le choke to Kanye!!!!

He's the mj of entertainment!!!!

With a Kobe like attitude

Don't ever disrespect the legen the God our musical savior again!!!

Jay is Lebron if we are doing dumb comparisons

If you're a grown man that looks up to Kanye, you've failed at life. Sorry
His work ethic...

His belief in himself before he was even taken seriously...

His ability to set trends...

His eye for design....

Dude is talented and should be an inspiration ... 

I don't even like his music after College dropout... but i respect everything else he's done outside of music

Last edited:
cats is talkin about freestyles in 2015.......

indifferent.gif

Wait hold on I thought we were just discussing cultural influence.

Yall legit look up to Kanye like he's your dad?

Is Kanye the musical equivalent of Lebron James?

He's good, one of the best in the game right now, puts up the numbers to prove it, but not as good as people that know any better make him out to be?

I don't usually attack people but foh don't you ever compare le choke to Kanye!!!!

He's the mj of entertainment!!!!

With a Kobe like attitude

Don't ever disrespect the legen the God our musical savior again!!!

Jay is Lebron if we are doing dumb comparisons

You're proving my point doe.

He's polarizing and no matter how much his fanbase loves him Lebron will never be MJ. Hes not tTHAT type of player. Like, you cant even make the comparison anymore.

Kanye is not on the level of the other MJ/ Prince ect, no matter how much him and his fanbase want to believe.

If anybody is MJ its Jay....Nas would be Isaiah Thomas?

He's polarizing and no matter how much his fanbase loves him Lebron will never be MJ. Hes not tTHAT type of player. Like, you cant even make the comparison anymore.

Kanye is not on the level of the other MJ/ Prince ect, no matter how much him and his fanbase want to believe.

Prince?? Boy foh prince ain't even making any noise in 2015 yall so in love with the past it's sad man

Prince?? Boy foh prince ain't even making any noise in 2015 yall so in love with the past it's sad man

For real. It's like Kobe stans who can't just face the fact that bean is washed [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

Bruh you didnt watch the grammies?

Purple Rain aint JUST come on TV yesterday?!?!

Back
Top Bottom