Is Kanye West too UPPITY to be the world's greatest living rockstar?

gwap really tried to prove his point by saying he sees kanye look a likes in beverly hills. like beverly hills is the measuring stick of what goes on in the world fashion/art/music wise :lol:

When you say "influential", I think Micheal Jackson and Bruce Springstien playing in West Berlin, not Kanye.

I mean if you consider "influence" fashion and internet memes....I guess.

Outside of that how is he influential?
what u want him to perform on the boundary line of south korea and north korea?

gwap really tried to prove his point by saying he sees kanye look a likes in beverly hills. like beverly hills is the measuring stick of what goes on in the world fashion/art/music wise
laugh.gif
didnt you just say you dont follow mainstream trends though?

so if you are not in tune with pop culture, does your argument have a leg to stand on?

Last edited:
Kanye West is an artist with influence..

He is not the greatest living rockstar. Yes he is too uppity.

"Rockstar" has it's own connotation as we knew it in the past and as we know it today. I don't believe it has changed.
  • Rockstars have mass appeal, are loved by a wide audience, worldwide recognition... Kanye has this to a degree. The hate brings his legacy down not up.
  • Rockstars have a history of rebelling against societies rules and norms. Kanye does this... but he rebels against what? corporate entities? only because they hold him down.. not because they hold his people down. He has no problems joining them for profit when it's in his interest. He rebels against the fashion industry? get outta here. Rockstars in the past were changing the world by embracing, peace, freedom, spiritualism , even pain and suffering in some cases. Kanye is changing the cuff on pants. Congratulations Kanye... In his defense maybe DONDA just needs more time to grow but he isn't doing much currently to change society.
  • Along with rebellion Rockstars have a different perspective on life... usually a perspective that is the result of altered consciousness from illicit drug use. In this respect Kanye is pretty weak. Do you have to do mountains of blow to be a rock legend.. no but it helps.
  • Finally kanye is by no means a sex symbol. A real rock legend has yambz by the boat load. Elvis was good but if dude didn't have puddles and lakes in arenas and stadiums he wouldn't be the king he was. Kanye is whipped by a gold digger and attention *****. Not rockstar status right there.
/Endthread

didnt you just say you dont follow mainstream trends though?

so if you are not in tune with pop culture, does your argument have a leg to stand on?

i dont. and he just said he doesnt either. but his opinion holds more merit because he agrees with kanye being the MOST influential ?

When you say "influential", I think Micheal Jackson and Bruce Springstien playing in West Berlin, not Kanye.

I mean if you consider "influence" fashion and internet memes....I guess.

Outside of that how is he influential?
what u want him to perform on the boundary line of south korea and north korea?

If the oppritunity arose and he wanted to be "that guy", yes.

Anything relative the the real world, not just fashion and media....

as stated before. people who defend kanye don't have a good sense of music and most likely only listened to rap beforehand. now everyone wants to be a musical critic like the guy in this thread who said creed and nickleback have been the best rock bands in recent history :lol:

as stated before. people who defend kanye don't have a good sense of music and most likely only listened to rap beforehand. now everyone wants to be a musical critic like the guy in this thread who said creed and nickleback have been the best rock bands in recent history
laugh.gif
thats presumptuous.

you assume you know people's music taste because they defend Kanye?

and what's a good sense of music?

because apparently you're the expert?

thats presumptuous.

you assume you know people's music taste because they defend Kanye?

and what's a good sense of music?

because apparently you're the expert?

a good sense of music will help you understand that there are far better choices than to listen to kanye

a good sense of music will help you understand that there are far better choices than to listen to kanye
meh i listen to classics, all the white bands that you like, i listen to blues, jazz, classical.

i listen to a lot.

but i don't treat people with differing tastes in a condescending manner.

please list the better choices so you can heal the kanye stans:

Dudes in here calling the greats washed up
roll.gif

That's enough to render their opinion worthless
sorry alot of greats are washed.

Jay Z

Rolling stones

Nas

some greats are not washed.

AC DC

Metallica

meh i listen to classics, all the white bands that you like, i listen to blues, jazz, classical.

i listen to a lot.

but i don't treat people with differing tastes in a condescending manner.

please list the better choices so you can heal the kanye stans:

white bands ? :lol: your opinion doesn't make sense if you only think white bands are good

sorry alot of greats are washed.

Jay Z

Rolling stones

Nas

some greats are not washed.

AC DC

Metallica

:rofl:

you put jay z and rolling stones together

if you think rolling stones are washed but yet metallica is not ? :rofl:

you know how long rolling stones has been around ? and how influential they have been? and yet you decide to say ac/dc is still good? and metillica ? man i just cant

Last edited:
but  but but i thought i only listen to kanye how would i know about the existence of thse other bands.

sorry white band expert. i will lay off your gods the rolling stone.

SWS

but  but but i thought i only listen to kanye how would i know about the existence of thse other bands.

sorry white band expert. i will lay off your gods the rolling stone.

SWS

LOLLL

damn he really went there

Last edited:
and that's all you have.

the assumption that people who only listen to kany only listen to rap before hand is a joke.

and youre stereotyping.

why dont u hit up tampadude, ilonematt, and mrhighness and talk about the rolling stones

Is Kanye the musical equivalent of Lebron James?

He's good, one of the best in the game right now, puts up the numbers to prove it, but not as good as people that know any better make him out to be?

only on NT will a thread about kanye turn into a race thread. and for your information i prefer the the temptations over a lot of 'white bands'

Back
Top Bottom