IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

It's Pau saying the same thing he's been saying about Kobe for years.

There's no reason to believe Kobe was the reason why Pau left to begin with. There's no reason to believe Pau saying that is just PR fluff when he's been saying that since 2008.

Guys leave teams. It's not always because of other guys.

Kobe is a difficult personality, but Pau Gasol leaving ain't the best proof of it.
I agree with this guy, but more so, its because Pau's a compassionate man.  The guy was abused mentally and physically in LA, he was disrespected from the HOSTILE ENVRIONMENT and wanted to go to a place that 'welcomed' him.

when it comes to comparing the 2 (MJ and Kobe) the opinions that i respect the most are of the people that were actually around...phil jackson or players that played against both in their primes.

what truly put the icing waaaay over the cake for me is watching a move about the pistons. not a 30 for 30 but i believe it was an nba tv movie or tnt or something called BAD BOYS.

seeing Isaiah Thomas HIMSELF say "after a game when jordan lit us up (in the playoffs) i went down to the Chicago river and sat in dismay for hours, trying to figure out how we can stop this guy Jordan. after hours of thinking, i called Joe D (Dumars) and we talked...thats how the JORDAN RULES were born."

that paraphrased statement told me alot about MJ that I already knew from seeing him play. But hearing a hall of famer say that in the middle of a championship run with a team that had at least 3 hall of famers on it was awesome.

i have never heard anyone say that about kobe, or anyone else for that matter.

when it comes to comparing the 2 (MJ and Kobe) the opinions that i respect the most are of the people that were actually around...phil jackson or players that played against both in their primes.

"Even Jordan has said that Kobe is the only player who can be compared to him," Jackson wrote, "and I have to agree."

Trash is what trash does.

It's amazing how effective hearsay is.

This clown has NEVER been clutch, and is IMPRESSIVELY TERRIBLE when the game is on the line.
 Bryant has now missed 12 consecutive potential tying or go-ahead shots in the final five seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime, which ties for the longest such streak in his career; he also missed a dozen such shots in a row between 2005 and 2006.
HOW DO YOU MISS 12 STRAIGHT SHOTS IN THE CLUTCH?

HOW DO YOU MISS 12 STRAIGHT SHOTS IN THE CLUTCH... TWICE IN YOUR CAREER.

laugh.gif

Entering Friday, Kobe Bryant has the second-most isolation plays in the NBA, trailing only James Harden. However, Bryant ranks dead last in field goal percentage (32%) among players with at least 50 isolation plays.
Those that continue do defend this clown and label him "clutch," HOW DO YOU PLAN TO GET THROUGH LIFE IF YOU CHOOSE TO IGNORE REALITY?

Last edited:

This clown has NEVER been clutch, and is IMPRESSIVELY TERRIBLE when the game is on the line.

:lol:

View media item 1313510

Those that continue do defend this clown and label him "clutch," HOW DO YOU PLAN TO GET THROUGH LIFE IF YOU CHOOSE TO IGNORE REALITY?

:lol: :lol: smh

Reality?

Your reality is centered in negative energy.

You have 113 posts and 100 on them are hating on a man you've never met on a sneaker message board.

Last edited:
Did yall even try to critically think about that Facebook post? :lol:

Wow

Thats an obvious fun with numbers job

Notice how it did not include game tying FGs

I WONDER WHY?????

Oh thats why a Game tying field goal buzzer beater

Hmm the poster didn't mention that

I guess thats not clutch :lol:

I wonder why the cut off time was 5 seconds?

Oh thats why :lol:

It happened at 9 seconds....not clutch :lol:

"What about these shots?".....Nope doesnt fit.=Therefore not clutch

Thats easily remembered shots from the last 2 seasons that poster omitted

Yall kill me :lol:

Yall want to gasp at anything to hate this man so much

Negative energy :smh:

Last edited:
There is a reason when the Lakers had a ton of cap space no one wanted to play with him and one of the biggest free agents in recent years chucked the deuce.

No one likes that dude man. Them bums saying what they have to to keep getting them checks.

If Gasol loved him so much he would be in LA.
Pretty easy answer.... Gasol got tired of his name being thrown out for trades everytime something went wrong. They weren't going to get a competitive roster this year and felt that they ultimately would use him as trade bait anyway. That's why Gasol left....not Kobe. Kobe and Gasol are great friends and they had great chemistry on the floor. Why not choose where you get to go instead of being in the rumor mill and having no choice on what team you go to.

As for some of the other players not coming to LA......there are plenty other factors that were involved and not just Kobe.

Paul George- Why would he leave Indiana after making it the ECF 2 years in a row.

Carmello Anthony - Could make millions of dollars. Plus Phil Jackson coming to the front office may have swayed his decision to stay.

Lebron James- Get real.....never had a chance to get him. He was going to Cleveland or staying in Miami. He wouldn't go to any other team to continue to ruin his image.

Dwight Howard- The only player that really didn't like him that's why he left. Too playful and underachieving. Dwight has an undercover ego as well, despite what people think.

laugh.gif

You can say he hasn't been clutch this season and that would be correct...but to say wasn't clutch during his career would be flat out wrong. As another poster has mentioned. These numbers are easily skewed and can be very misleading.

Lakers can outscore the other teams when Kobe is on the bench because the bench is playing against OKC's bench isn't that great without Durant. Also Kobe impacted the game in other ways by getting 8 boards and 9 assists.

Kobe has tried hard to be a facilitator this year but doesn't get nearly as many assists as he should because these guys miss wide open shots. Outside of Young and LIn they do not have a decent shooter. That's if you consider Lin(consistent) to be a good shooter.

^ Until he hits like 2 or 3 game winners in a row.

Then all of a sudden you'll remember that clutch is real, and he is it. :lol:

Ya, clutch is really just a myth that people use to romanticize the game.

He could hit 7 game winners in a row and it still won't change that.

The best players play well late in games because, well, they're the best players.

It's not like they shoot any better in late game situations, they're just doing what they always do.

I don't know the numbers, but Kobe probably shoots worse in late game situations, same goes for LeBron.

I could be wrong, tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

The best players play well late in games because, well, they're the best players.

It's not like they shoot any better in late game situations, they're just doing what they always do.

I don't know the numbers, but Kobe probably shoots worse in late game situations, same goes for LeBron.

I could be wrong, tho.

well said,,,Kobe is already PROVEN on all categories,,brain can do it but THE BODY CANT!!!!time to hang it MAMBA

I could be wrong, tho.
Great post. You bring up a lot of great points. I will say Lebron probably has a better percentage because he is willing to pass and have Bosh miss a 3 or pass to Haslem to brick an open jumper. He doesn't want the last shot but that's a different subject for a different thread.

I don't know if he doesn't want it, I think he's just more concerned w/ making the right basketball play.

Anyway, good thing clutch doesn't exist, because:

View media item 1315782
View media item 1315785
Not trying to turn this into Kobe vs LeBron, just didn't feel like editing the picture, :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if he doesn't want it, I think he's just more concerned w/ making the right basketball play.

Anyway, good thing clutch doesn't exist, because:

Not trying to turn this into Kobe vs LeBron, just didn't feel like editing the picture,
laugh.gif
Sometimes the best basketball play is to keep the ball in the hands of the best player on the floor.

Sure, but there are other times when the correct play would be hitting the open man for an uncontested shot, rather than taking a contested one in an iso situation.

Iso/hero ball gets you nowhere, look at the Thunder.

Jesus H. Christ those numbers hurt my heart.

He retired yet? :\

"Gonna miss him when he's gone."

Like a hole in my head.

30-88 w/ 5 minutes left :smh: Someone mentioned earlier something like "Why is that stat just 9 seconds or 5 seconds? Oh, because it won't fit the agenda."

Well there ya go. :\

Dont worry, someone will try to discredit the numbers somehow.

It's just funny because even if you do believe in clutch, then why does he significantly underperform in elimination games and G7's?

Aren't those the 2 times when a clutch player would excel?

Elimination games: 21.5 ppg on 41.4% FG with 5.8rpg and 3.5apg (19 games)

G7's: 22.2ppg on 38.9% FG with 8.0rpg and 5.0apg (6 games)

I'm just a stupid stats guy, tho, I'm sure there's a logical explanation to all of this.

Back
Top Bottom