IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

to me. just like your opinion can not be changed, then why should mine ?
Fallacious arguments such as yours, have no validity.

Everything I've presented points to Bryant clearly being overrated.

Even former teammates feel that way.

Fallacious arguments such as yours, have no validity.

Everything I've presented points to Bryant clearly being overrated.

Even former teammates feel that way.

dude you obviously have some kind of hatred towards kobe. your thoughts are clouded by your hatred. did you even watch the pacers vs lakers finals? did you see the game where shaq fouled out and kobe took over the game with a sprained ankle?

and i saw that you posted an article about nba rating, did you watch nba during the 90's? games were being aired almost every week on NBC and ABC. not everybody has the money to afford cable tv. someone people actually stream the games :lol:

dude you obviously have some kind of hatred towards kobe. your thoughts are clouded by your hatred. did you even watch the pacers vs lakers finals? did you see the game where shaq fouled out and kobe took over the game with a sprained ankle?
and i saw that you posted an article about nba rating, did you watch nba during the 90's? games were being aired almost every week on NBC and ABC. not everybody has the money to afford cable tv. someone people actually stream the games
laugh.gif
Hatred?

Childish maneuver right there. I don't believe in Santa Claus, so I must HATE Santa! 

Just because something was aired on television, does not mean that people were actually WATCHING. That's what the ratings are for, to find out which one of you is gullible enough, to find Kobe Bryant the least bit entertaining.

Last edited:
smh @ this thread, beyond disrespectful... if Kobe never touched the white girl and got accused of rape, we know most folks wouldn't say the things that they are saying.

smh @ this thread, beyond disrespectful... if Kobe never touched the white girl and got accused of rape, we know most folks wouldn't say the things that they are saying.
Oh yeah, because teammates and opposing players dislike playing with Kobe because he is Black.

laugh.gif
just tell us how you really feel bruh
Needling me isn't going to make Kobe Bryant any more top ten worthy.

Many in the sports world feel that he sucks.
What I do know is what I got to see up close and hear, was unexpected. From the first tip until about 4 minutes left in the game I saw and heard this guy ***** at his teammates. Every TO he came to the bench pissed, and a few of them he went to other guys and yelled about something they weren’t doing, or something they did wrong. No dialog about “hey let’s go, let’s get after it” or whatever. He spent the better part of 3.5 quarters pissed off and ranting at the non-execution or lack of, of his team. Then when they made what almost was a historic run in the 4th, during a TO, he got down on the floor and basically said ‘Let’s f’ing go, right now, right here” or something to that affect. I am not making this observation in a good or bad way, I have no idea how the guys in the NBA play or do things like this, but I thought it was a fascinating bit of insight for me to watch someone in another sport who is in the position of a team leader and how he interacted with his team and teammates. Watching the other 11 guys, every time out it was high fives and “Hey nice work, let’s get after it” or something to that affect. He walked off the floor, obligatory skin contact on the high five, and sat on the bench stone faced or pissed off, the whole game. Just weird to see another sport and how it all works. I would assume that’s his style and how he plays and what works for him because when I saw the leader board for scoring in the post season his name sat up top at 31+ a game, can’t argue with that. But as a fan I was watching the whole thing, Kobe, his teammates and then the after effects of conversations. He’d yell at someone, make a point, or send a message, turn and walk away, and more than once the person on the other end would roll eyes or give a ‘whatever dude’ look.

Curt Schilling

You do know everything you are saying about Kobe's leadership you can say about Michael Jordan right?

FACT - Kobe Bryant is a champion.

For those who think he's overrated that's cool, not everyone has to be a Kobe Bryant fan. We are all entitled to our opinion.

That doesn't even relate to what I said.  Once again Michael Jordans former teammates, coaches, and people within the organization would say the same things you claim people say about Kobe. 
If you can't say that Kobe was the face of the NBA, then there is no legit comparison, as Jordan EARNED that respect.

That doesn't even relate to what I said.  Once again Michael Jordans former teammates, coaches, and people within the organization would say the same things you claim people say about Kobe. 
If you can't say that Kobe was the face of the NBA, then there is no legit comparison, as Jordan EARNED that respect.
Interesting you can't admit the truth.  Really sad man.  Kobe is d-bag at times and so was MJ.  There is no earned "respect".  They are both champions.  You can't have it both ways

Last edited:
Interesting you can't admit the truth.  Really sad man.  Kobe is d-bag at times and so was MJ.  There is no earned "respect".  They are both champions.  You can't have it both ways
No, it is you that cannot admit the truth. 

Kobe Bryant is not Jordan. If you have Jordan in your face, the man responsible for the high profile of the league, the guy who could will a team to win the chip, the guy who elevated the game to the levels that even Kobe wished to imitate himself, right down to how Jordan spoke, of course you are going to pay attention.

Could he be harsh?

Of course!

But he was QUALIFIED to do so.

So I ask you again, when has Kobe Bryant ever carried the NBA?

I'll let Scottie say it, 

[h1]Scottie Pippen: Kobe Bryant Walks, Talks, Plays Like Michael Jordan[/h1]
[h2] [/h2]
While playing a video game (NBA 2K in this instance), Scottie Pippen broaches a number of subjects, including the differences between today’s NBA and the one Pip hooped in. And, of course, Scottie addresses the never-ending Kobe/MJ thing. From ESPN: “When you watch the current-day NBA, what’s the biggest difference in the game that you notice between now and your era? Scottie Pippen: ‘The physicality. People were a lot more physical, fouls were more physical, and the lane was truly sacred in terms of the defense. From early on in basketball, it was a Cardinal sin if you let a guy drive through the lane and get a layup. He could shoot two free throws, but you weren’t letting him get that layup. That’s what that Pistons team established. It was the blueprint that you had to use in terms of winning a championship. You could not give up easy shots.’ Now if there’s one hard foul, people are calling for suspensions. Scottie Pippen: ‘Yeah, and back in the late 80s and early 90s, there was a lot more physical play, and guys really prepared themselves to give it as well as take it.’ […] When you watch Kobe play, does he remind you of Michael at all? Scottie Pippen: ‘I have to say yes to that. I think he reminds a lot of people of Michael because he molded his game after him. He seems to have a lot of Michael’s charisma, and it comes across in the way he walks, the way he talks, and especially the way he plays.’”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...bryant-walks-talks-plays-like-michael-jordan/

Last edited:
Scottie also said Lebron was better than MJ.

And once again you are bringin up something other than my point. 

- The lockout wasn't in the Jordan era, as that lockout happened the year that he retired for the second time. The lockout at that time, was the first NBA work stoppage that resulted in a loss of games. The owners wanted a cap for the league’s highest paid players and a larger share of the revenue. The players were relatively happy with the current structure but wanted an increase to the league minimum. The lockout swung in the owners’ favor when an arbitrator ruled that the owners didn’t have to pay the players their guaranteed salaries while play was halted.

It had nothing to do with a loss of money, as was the recent lockout.

You come off as if there is something seriously wrong with you, because you contradict yourself in such a manner,

that is seems as if you don't even know what you are suggesting! How can he be top ten, if he is overrated?

[

Last edited:
- The lockout wasn't in the Jordan era, as that lockout happened the year that he retired for the second time. The lockout at that time, was the first NBA work stoppage that resulted in a loss of games. The owners wanted a cap for the league’s highest paid players and a larger share of the revenue. The players were relatively happy with the current structure but wanted an increase to the league minimum. The lockout swung in the owners’ favor when an arbitrator ruled that the owners didn’t have to pay the players their guaranteed salaries while play was halted.

It had nothing to do with a loss of money, as was the recent lockout.

You come off as if there is something seriously wrong with you, because you contradict yourself in such a manner,

that is seems as if you don't even know what you are suggesting! How can he be top ten, if he is overrated?

Too easy.

Jordan didn't retired for good until 2003. 1999 was still in Jordan era.

Lol the recent lockout was spark by the same problem genius.

Cba contract expired. Owner want new deal, want new contract rule, new revenue sharing, player disagree etc. owner lost money because of bad contract they gave and slow economy not because rating

Please do some research before you talk because you're really making yourself look foolish and ignorant.

I said any player can be look as overrated if we sit down and be technical.

Because no player is perfect.

I can say jordan was overrated in this area here or there
I can say Lebron is overrated in shooting, three pointer, post game etc

I can nit pick and say the word overrated for just about any player.

Your assumption is that only kobe is overrated and everyone else is not. That's why something is wrong with you in the head lol

Expert and analyst have agreed and mentioned kobe in the top 10 while jersey sale and ticket sale suggest that kobe have been and still the most popular player in the league.

To many people kobe was and have been the face of the nba for the past 10 years.

You belong in the minority lol maybe that's why you're so insecure.

I can guarantee that you will never have the confident to sit down with real nba expert and analyst and say the thing that you have been saying about kobe and the state of the league etc without everybody looking at you like you have issues lol.

You can only do this behind close door or on a forum lol

Someone should make long stroke famous. Send him to nba tv or espn show and let him discuss what he think about the state of the league lol.

He think he's an expert of everything but sadly the only place he can vent is niketalk forum lol

Long stroke has the power to see right through David stern head. He never work for nba or invest in nba but he can tell that David stern lied to keep shareholder happy lol.

lol too easy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom