IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

A broken down Nash and Dwight Howard is better than every player Lebron ever played with before he got to Miami.

So you are comparing young lebron in cleveland to 34 year old kobe?

26 year old Kobe would destroy the league with this version of Nash and Dwight. I think 26 year old Kobe even takes those Lebron cavs and wins at least one ring. :smokin

:lol: the irony

It's actually not ironic at all. The coach of a team is the most important factor when it comes to winning. Look at teams like Denver and the Bulls (without Rose) that dont have the same talent level as the Lakers but succeed anyways because they have smart coaches.

Wrong.

It's all about match up. If you fail to see that then please go watch different sport. Although OKC is a good team but they match up poorly with the Heat.

Pacers, Spurs, Boston, Memphis etc have better match up with them.

And the MVP is a popular vote contest. MVP don't mean literally.

And it's pretty laid back when you have 2 prime all stars playing so you can pad the stats.

Take away Kobe. The Lakers would be a 10th place team on the West at best
Take away CP3. The Clippers is not sniffing the 3rd seed on the West
Take away KD. The Thunder probably be an 8th seed on the West
Take away Tony Parker. The Spurs wouldn't be winning 45 games

Take away Lebron. The Heat would still be a 4 or 5 seed on the easy East.

Bosh is the Heat real MVP. The Heat ain't beating Knicks or Pacers, Boston without Bosh

If the MVP was a popular vote Kobe would have more than one.

Obviously Bosh is a critical piece to the Heat's success. Im not sure what you're saying about them not beating the Pacers without him when they clearly did last playoffs when the Pacers were much healthier and a better team overall. They beat Boston last year because Lebron put the team on his back and will'd his team into the Finals not against teh Raptors for 9th place.....but I digress :nerd:

Im not sure with what else you're trying to say

26 year old Kobe would destroy the league with this version of Nash and Dwight. I think 26 year old Kobe even takes those Lebron cavs and wins at least one ring.
smokin.gif

So you are comparing young lebron in cleveland to 34 year old kobe?

26 year old Kobe would destroy the league with this version of Nash and Dwight. I think 26 year old Kobe even takes those Lebron cavs and wins at least one ring. :smokin

Didnt 26 year old Kobe go 34-48 and missed the playoffs tho?

Or was he surrounded by subpar team so that doesnt count.... :nerd:

A broken down Nash and Dwight Howard is better than every player Lebron ever played with before he got to Miami.

Cool but that has nothing to do with you saying Kobe gets credit for being the 9th seed with Nash and Dwight.

I guess dudes are so accustomed to typing the Bron talking points they just try and apply it to everything.

Really how does anybody he played with in Cleveland factor into Kobe being overrated ?

It's actually not ironic at all. The coach of a team is the most important factor when it comes to winning. Look at teams like Denver and the Bulls (without Rose) that dont have the same talent level as the Lakers but succeed anyways because they have smart coaches.
he pointing out that lebron had mike brown

Cool but that has nothing to do with you saying Kobe gets credit for being the 9th seed with Nash and Dwight.

I guess dudes are so accustomed to typing the Bron talking points they just try and apply it to everything.

Really how does anybody he played with in Cleveland factor into Kobe being overrated ?

Kobe is a great scorer shooter who's crowned as a "winner" when in actuality he's showed us a couple of times if he doesnt have a 7 foot center, the GOAT coach and a godlike supporting cast he's not a championship player hell he's not even a playoff player. We've seen it multiple times now.

People bring up his 5 rings but when you actually put a magnifying glass to it you'll see he's majorly responsible for 1.5 of his 5. Thats not top 5 all time'ish

Kobe is all time great who was blessed with situations every player in the history of the NBA would have love to have had. That shouldn't be held against him but if you're going to place him in the top 5 all time or 2nd coming to Jordan you are overrating him.

Last edited:
Kobe is a great scorer shooter who's crowned as a "winner" when in actuality he's showed us a couple of times if he doesnt have a 7 foot center, the GOAT coach and a godlike supporting cast he's not a championship player hell he's not even a playoff player. We've seen it multiple times now.

People bring up his 5 rings but when you actually put a magnifying glass to it you'll see he's majorly responsible for 1.5 of his 5. Thats not top 5 all time'ish

Kobe is all time great who was blessed with situations every player in the history of the NBA would have love to have had. That shouldn't be held against him but if you're going to place him in the top 5 all time or 2nd coming to Jordan you are overrating him.

So who's your 2nd best sg of all time? He has 5 championship rings, 2 finals MVP's, He's been the face of THE greatest franchise in the NBA(or 2nd, not trying to argue this) for idk how long. He's not in the same sentence as jordan IMO, but he IS the next closest thing.

Ehhh his 2 after Shaq are all his. You can't take anything away from him for those.

So who's your 2nd best sg of all time? He has 5 championship rings, 2 finals MVP's, He's been the face of THE greatest franchise in the NBA(or 2nd, not trying to argue this) for idk how long. He's not in the same sentence as jordan IMO, but he IS the next closest thing.

I dont have a problem putting him at the 2nd best sg.

But MJ revolutionized the 2 guard position and there weren't many 2 guards before him that were the crux of their team like MJ was and later Kobe, TMacs, Vince Carter, AI's etc. It was mostly a Center/Forward league. So just because he might be the 2nd or 3rd best SG doesn't make him automatically a top 10 player of all time

kobe had to stop being so aggressive after that case. but now that kobe and his wife were/are having complications the aggressive kobe is making a serious comeback
devil.gif

also i would have d rose in here. why is it taking him so long to comeback i mean peterson had the same problem and came back better. do see what these doctors are doing to him but he needs to talk to petersons doctor asap...... don't reply wrong thread

Last edited:
I dont have a problem putting him at the 2nd best sg.

But MJ revolutionized the 2 guard position and there weren't many 2 guards before him that were the crux of their team like MJ was and later Kobe, TMacs, Vince Carter, AI's etc. It was mostly a Center/Forward league. So just because he might be the 2nd or 3rd best SG doesn't make him automatically a top 10 player of all time
I was referring to the 2nd coming of jordan part. And 5 championships 2 finals mvps, face of the Lakers franchise for idk how long, he's top 10 of all time, idk about top 5, but definitely top 10.

C'mon me and you touched on this Kobe was fortunate angle already , doesn't hold water unless we're callin EVERY All Timer fortunate.

Magic came outta college right to a team with Kareem , who was an Nba Champ and league MVP already. How many rookies get a situation like that, but Kobe was the luckiest player in league history :smh: .

Duncan also played with a HOF'er right outta college in Robinson, all time coach in pop.
And oh yeah he's had a HOF backcourt for about a decade, how many players can say that?

I could keep going but imma stop there, 2 prime examples of other greats who've been blessed with good situations from the jump but you portray Kobe like he's the only one.

Also the fact you try and credit a man for 1.5 chips instead of 2 shows you're off the deep end and can't be taken seriously. How the hell you come up with 1.5 outta 2 rings, must be that Haters math I guess....ridiculous.

Wrong.

Pacers, Spurs, Boston, Memphis etc have better match up with them.

It's all about match up. If you fail to see that then please go watch different sport. Although OKC is a good team but they match up poorly with the Heat.

So, you just named 2 East teams that match up well with them...what's your point?

The West has depth and depth doesn't mean a thing when you get into the playoffs, you're only playing 3 teams to get out.. Lakers road in 2009 - Utah, Houston and Denver. 2010? OKC, Utah and Phoenix. Kind of weak. Best WC team they had to beat in that back to back run was the Nuggets.

But, It doesn't matter - you play who is in front of you and beat them so it's not to discredit anything. But stop with this all-powerful WC crap while maligning the East.

Bosh is the Heat real MVP. The Heat ain't beating Knicks or Pacers, Boston without Bosh

A) Re: Pacers, they already did. B) You think the Heat are beating them without LeBron?

Flip side : only 1 All Time great I know of gets credit for getting swept in the finals, like that's something special.

Find me another all time great that you can put into the same context as you can with a 22 year old surrounded by a group like Cleveland team and then you might have a reason to bring this up. Michael Jordan has made people believe that it's better to lose earlier in the playoffs than to ever lose in the Finals.

I only spoke on his finals run because you mentioned it , most Bron fans point to that as a test of his greatness but in reality 1 man teams outta the east was routine back then.

You're lumping 2001-2003 into the same time as 2007? The East had a significant uptick once Detroit and Miami got better from 2004-2007 and Boston/CLE added another element after that.

Well if thats the case why run around sayin youll win 5/6/7 rings, or why leave the Cavs in the 1st place if chips dont define anything.....cant have it both ways brother.

why not? Why can't LeBron James as a competitor want to win as much as possible but at the same time know that does not define his GAME - that anyone's GAME should not be measured by a number that is so dependent on a multitude of factors?

Also, LeBron is 28. Not 29.

Al3xis I'm not lumping anything together , the fact is 4 teams made it that decade that were basically carried by 1 player.... It wasn't a hard to make it outta the EC back then. Funny you say the east got better but during 2007, the year Lebron gets so much credit for he faced the wizards, nets, and a weakened pistons team who lost an all world defender in Ben Wallace to free agency. Again it wasnt quite the gauntlet y'all would like to portray.

I do find it ironic how he runs around saying 5,6,7 rings but later says that doesn't define his legacy....that's BS. I'm not talking horry vs Kobe or Kerr vs Gary Payton but when we're dissecting all timers rings play a large role in rankings , whether people admit it or not.

Most people who saw Bill Russell play are probly dead or close to it, yet he's mentioned in the same breath as MJ because of 11 championships.

Sure you can be a Great player without ever having a championship, but to be immortal multiple rings are usually a requirement.

I do find it ironic how he runs around saying 5,6,7 rings but later says that doesn't define his legacy....that's BS. I'm not talking horry vs Kobe or Kerr vs Gary Payton but when we're dissecting all timers rings play a large role in rankings

Defining something doesn't mean that it doesn't play a part, you just said it yourself - it plays a role..a large one, yes. He didn't deny that. It just doesn't have to be the end all be all. Or we can just sit around and say 11 > 6 > 5 > 4> 3> 3 > 2 > 1 = 1 =1 etc etc with all time greats. Oscar Robertson won 1 tittle, Jerry West won 1 title. Doesn't stop and shouldn't stop people from putting them in Top 10 OAT lists. I prefer Shaq to Hakeem. But I know plenty of people who feel the opposite. And I personally would not make it as cut and dry as 4 > 2. Never in my life will I feel Kevin Garnett was a better player than Patrick Ewing and even though Pat is sitting on zero, I feel I could make a pretty damn strong case for him.

you cant be serious. if you actually believe that your opinion just lost credibility.

So we gonna act like Pau Gasol wasnt damn near the x factor in that Boston series and many pundits suggested he was robbed of the Finals MVP award that post season?

Its not like I said he was responsible for only one I said 1.5 cause Pau damn near saved them in that Boston series

Atleast do some research if you dont remember before getting all aggy :lol:

Back
Top Bottom