IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Wait, Deuce wasn't serious using Shannon as the example was he. :lol: :rofl:

Someone get Shannon in here, he'd want to see that, he'd be so proud. :lol:

Here's the thing though CP, in my case, even when I address the group as "laker fans" or "kobe fans" i NEVER say "All laker fans" or "All kobe fans" think this way. However, yes I am addressing "laker fans" or "Kobe fans" because well...that's what they are fans of. And majority of the time, it's a couple of them not just one so I'm not trying to go and look at everybody's screen name which is why i just put "laker fans" or "Kobe fans."

People ask why are we Kobe fans so quick to defend Kobe?
Cuz we are fans. Thats what we do. Fan short for fanatic.
Let us be fans.

The reason why I can never justify a hater's opinion is because its the easy way out of things.
Is Kobe overrated? If the answer is yes, then "HELL YEAH!" Right?
If the answer is no, then it wouldnt affect you whatsoever.

Take a look at what Bean has done for the past 17 yrs.
This doesnt happen often.
We are truly blessed as basketball fans to see this man play.
Ovverrated or not.

And stop with the imaginative scenarios like
"Well if he stayed in Charlotte...."
"Well if you put Tmac or Carter in place of Kobe...."
Blah blah blah

Things happemed the way they happened already.
Deal with it haters.
I was almost closed on the fact that he is.
But the stupidity in this thread against Bryant has proven otherwise.
Kneel down and kiss the rings of one of the best to ever play the game.

And this time I'm putting him Top 5.
Screw your Hollinger stats.
Accolades aside, this man can BALL.

I cant Ether as good as CP but there you go.

Here's the thing though CP, in my case, even when I address the group as "laker fans" or "kobe fans" i NEVER say "All laker fans" or "All kobe fans" think this way. However, yes I am addressing "laker fans" or "Kobe fans" because well...that's what they are fans of. And majority of the time, it's a couple of them not just one so I'm not trying to go and look at everybody's screen name which is why i just put "laker fans" or "Kobe fans."

I hear that, and you and I have been around long enough, I know that while you have different views than me, I don't lump you in with some others that are clearly up to no good. I know at the very least you know what you're talkin about, and I can respect that, even if I disagree with what you're saying. I would hope I've at least earned that with the people that come at me, while they don't agree with my views, I'm not one of those that goes Kobe > MJ and dips out. :lol:

I'll stay and chat with folks at least, and you do the same. But "Laker fans" has become a derogatory term around here the past couple years, and that sucks. I hate it's like that for us. There are a lot of good ones and I don't like them being lumped in with others.

but in your case wasnt it just nako and cp that you were accusing of crying over the heat in 06? this is like me saying something ignorant like "asians are ________" people getting mad at me and me back tracking and saying "no no, i just said asians are ______ i never said ALL asians are _____"

but in your case wasnt it just nako and cp that you were accusing of crying over the heat in 06? this is like me saying something ignorant like "asians are ________" people getting mad at me and me back tracking and saying "no no, i just said asians are ______ i never said ALL asians are _____"

In this thread it was just them but I already mentioned even in my previous posts after that, that it's been that way with a lot of laker fans throughout the years here on NT. That's why when it was brought up again, it was like, "oh lord, here we go again."

Anyway, if you been here long enough, which i'm not sure you have, i always pretty much address the group either as "laker fans" or "Kobe fans" but don't mean it to mean the WHOLE fanbase. So i was referring to all those times, not just yesterday when I wrote "in my case."

I hear that, and you and I have been around long enough, I know that while you have different views than me, I don't lump you in with some others that are clearly up to no good. I know at the very least you know what you're talkin about, and I can respect that, even if I disagree with what you're saying. I would hope I've at least earned that with the people that come at me, while they don't agree with my views, I'm not one of those that goes Kobe > MJ and dips out. laugh.gif

I'll stay and chat with folks at least, and you do the same. But "Laker fans" has become a derogatory term around here the past couple years, and that sucks. I hate it's like that for us. There are a lot of good ones and I don't like them being lumped in with others.

Oh yeah definitely, i mean i been here long enough to remember the debates we had back then so i definitely know you're not just one of those "Laker/Kobe" fans that just say ******ed things.

well thats what this thread is for right? 

bring on your argument 
I woukd but My opinions aren't biased enough for this thread. All I will say is that Kidd is arguably second best at his position as well and to dismiss him that fast is kinda dumb to me.

In this thread it was just them but I already mentioned even in my previous posts after that, that it's been that way with a lot of laker fans throughout the years here on NT. That's why when it was brought up again, it was like, "oh lord, here we go again."

Anyway, if you been here long enough, which i'm not sure you have, i always pretty much address the group either as "laker fans" or "Kobe fans" but don't mean it to mean the WHOLE fanbase. So i was referring to all those times, not just yesterday when I wrote "in my case."
I hear that, and you and I have been around long enough, I know that while you have different views than me, I don't lump you in with some others that are clearly up to no good. I know at the very least you know what you're talkin about, and I can respect that, even if I disagree with what you're saying. I would hope I've at least earned that with the people that come at me, while they don't agree with my views, I'm not one of those that goes Kobe > MJ and dips out. laugh.gif

Oh yeah definitely, i mean i been here long enough to remember the debates we had back then so i definitely know you're not just one of those "Laker/Kobe" fans that just say ******ed things.
fair enough but from what i have seen its a lot more than just lakers fans that think that about 06, personally i was rooting for the heat to win that year since shaq's my boy. i didnt mean that you only using the term for the first time yesterday, i just dont like the way it is used in general. just like how there are heat fans here that dont like getting grouped with lebron fans that go around saying ******ed things. 

well thats what this thread is for right? 

bring on your argument 
I woukd but My opinions aren't biased enough for this thread. All I will say is that Kidd is arguably second best at his position as well and to dismiss him that fast is kinda dumb to me.
loled at that 
laugh.gif

if you go look for the exact posts in this thread it was actually a good back and forth. 

Statements like this are what kill me. Read everything you're saying... it's a joke.

"he won't allow his team to go out like that."

I mean... what the hell does that even mean?
This is the same as when people see the Lakers struggling and say "it pains me to see Kobe go out like this."

GO OUT LIKE WHAT?

If you've even remotely followed the Lakers' season, you would know that the reason they are in 8th place is because Kobe Bryant shoots them out of games. He has been doing it his whole career. The Lakers have always been trash during Kobe Bryant's career when he doesn't have 7-footers to bail out his brick-laying abilities. This year, Gasol has been hurt a lot, and Dwight doesn't play motivated because Kobe Bryant is too busy trying to break scoring records and not passing the ball.

It's very clear to anyone that understands basketball and watches the Lakers that he is the reason they're barely .500.

But people like you turn on the SportsCenter top 10 plays and see his scoring average vs. the other players on his team and conclude that the rest of the team isn't doing anything and Kobe Bryant is keeping them in the playoff hunt by his lonesome.

What the hell does this have to do with anything? Dwyane Wade is not Kobe Bryant.

In the 2006 playoffs, Dwyane Wade played at a level that Kobe Bryant has never been able to play at in the playoffs. That is why THAT elite 2-guard was able to win Finals MVP on a team with Shaq.

They won because Dwyane Wade was good enough to dominate a series vs. the Pistons in the ECF, something Kobe Bryant tried his hardest to do in 2004, but failed miserably.

They won because Dwayne Wade was good enough to dominate an NBA Finals and make all the key plays and free throws in the 2006 NBA Finals... something that Kobe Bryant tried to hard to do in 2004, but failed.

They won in 2006 because Dwyane Wade WAS THAT good, not because he THOUGHT he was THAT good, without actually being THAT good, word to Kobe in 2004.

View media item 348164

But Kobe as a starter has never averaged stats (basic or advanced) nearly as bad as what JR is averaging right now in the best statistical season of his career. i get the unchecked gunner analogy, but jr smith? and i love jr. he brings the lulz.

But Kobe as a starter has never averaged stats (basic or advanced) nearly as bad as what JR is averaging right now in the best statistical season of his career. i get the unchecked gunner analogy, but jr smith? and i love jr. he brings the lulz.

and thats the rub.

as a fan i couldnt care less IF the shot went in. it was an ill advised shot, a horrible one. im not one of those fans that cringe and say NOO at a bad shot, and when it goes in changes to a YESS!

thats not me.

why? because if you dont discourage those shots they'll only get worse and more frequent.

and its why im not talking stats. im not talking Kobes efficiency vs JR a bad shot is a bad shot and they shouldnt go rewarded.

i see what you're saying.

it's like a person who leaves a homework assignment til the last minute and gets an A. so he keeps doing it. and keeps succeeding with that system. it's because he's that much better than the average person. eventually it may catch up to him, but the habit's been set.

so while another consideration is that those shots go in because kobe is that much more skilled than jr., you wish he'd never formed the habit fo taking (even if he's making) those shots to being with.

no idea why i just typed that all out :lol:

Last edited:
You were never no Laker fan.

As for how you talkin to me, yeah ok. You tough, sure buddy.

Bottom line, you comparin JR to Kobe, poor man, rich man, whatever. Lame any way you look at it. They were young, and shoot far away, the end. JR brain capacity never let's him even enter the poor man's Kobe. Kobe was raw as hell at 18 and within 2 years was refining by the minute. JR TODAY isn't that polished. Skilled, no doubt, but not even a poor man's.

I don't believe he really went back n thumbed through all those old posts to find that one remark from dude! Lol/smh #waytoomuchidletime

If you put all of CP's post in here together you could have a novel :lol: :lol:

Lol I'm sayin! Hell, I saw one post that looked like a thesis on its own! Smh

Take all that time n energy n get paid for it as a sports writer or something bro! Apply to your local newspaper company.

Back
Top Bottom