Is Kobe Bryant Still the Best Shooting Guard in the NBA?

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by abutta13

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Wade is better because he brings it defensively in a way Kobe can't anymore.
simple as that.  kobes defense is still pretty good but wade is consistently meeting guys taller than him at then rim.
Are blocked shots really a good measuring stick to see where two guards stand defensively?
That's even worse than the steals per game logic in the original argument.
no it was just an example of the type of intensity wade plays with on defense.  if u think kobe does more for his team on defense than wade does ill let u keep thinking that.
honestly aside from scoring, what does kobe do better than wade?

Kobe is still the best SG.. But that really isnt saying much.
His only competition is Wade.

If B. Roy didnt have booboo knees he woulda been #1 by now. 

Being that they're shooting guards...I'd say scoring was a pretty big deal wouldn't you? And this was a given due to Lebron's arrival but he's been a better playmaker recently too.

As for the other side of the ball, that's a wash to me. Wade been getting away with name recognition when it comes to defensive accolades just like Kobe.

They both get caught gambling and with their hands down quite often these days. Certainly didn't look amazing on defense against Jason Terry last summer.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

simple as that.  kobes defense is still pretty good but wade is consistently meeting guys taller than him at then rim.
Are blocked shots really a good measuring stick to see where two guards stand defensively?
That's even worse than the steals per game logic in the original argument.
no it was just an example of the type of intensity wade plays with on defense.  if u think kobe does more for his team on defense than wade does ill let u keep thinking that.
honestly aside from scoring, what does kobe do better than wade?

C'mon brah. D-wade cant even play 5 consecutive games and you talking bout he's > Kobe.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

D-wade came in the league 7 drafts after Kobe and he's already falling off faster than Kobe...  Wade is barely throwing it down these days and Kobe had 5 dunks game 7, in a loss, but still had some spectacular dunks for someone his age. I'd like to see Wade throw down reverse dunks in his 16th year.

please list some things that kobe does better than wade that is all i ask
moon man what r u talking about.  wade still finishes strong on the regular.  whenever kobe throws down nowadays its a treat because he rarely does get up like that anymore.  dont be a prisoner of the moment and let that time machine game from kobe the other night fool you.  

i think this would be a little more clear to some of you if wade didnt play with lebron

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Yup. But I don't know why some of you guys are saying D.Wade is on the decline. 
laugh.gif

Wade is absolutely on the decline in his career. His body cannot handle the beating that it takes on a regular basis. He's not even as athletic as he was the season before Bron came.

Like that commercial says fall down 7 times, get up 8.... It's safe to say that Wade has fallen about 5 or 6 times now.
laugh.gif

He's still obviously the 2nd best SG in the league, but if you think that he's getting better, you're crazy...

please list some things that kobe does better than wade that is all i ask
moon man what r u talking about.  wade still finishes strong on the regular.  whenever kobe throws down nowadays its a treat because he rarely does get up like that anymore.  dont be a prisoner of the moment and let that time machine game from kobe the other night fool you.  

i think this would be a little more clear to some of you if wade didnt play with lebron
Kobe averaged 39ppg in his last 3 playoff games. 
His supporting cast is terrible. Pau and Bynum were ghost.

The best shooter on his team, if we can even call him that, is Steve Blake.

There's a reason that Wade will be coming off the bench in London.

DWADE needs a wheel chair for a finger injury. What do you expect?

DWADE looks like a disgusting fish/frog hybrid. He takes steroids w/ Lebron. Both exhibit steroid/HGH use:

LBJ = BALDING
DWADE = Enormous Jawline

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Essential1 wrote:

1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Harden
5. Manu

I would probably put Harden ahead of Joe. I think Harden got more heart than Joe Johnson.

Naw. Harden has to prove he can consistently beat the opposition's starters. For all the flack Joe Johnson gets, we know he can cook the person guarding him 9/10 times. Plus his shot is more consistent than Harden's.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

DWADE looks like a disgusting fish/frog hybrid. He takes steroids w/ Lebron. Both exhibit steroid/HGH use:

LBJ = BALDING
DWADE = Enormous Jawline
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This guy wins the argument.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

LBJ = BALDING
DWADE = Enormous Jawline

laugh.gif
This dude

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

No, Kobe has officially fallen off...

roll.gif
i'm not even a Kobe stan and this is hilarious.

I'm a huge Kobe fan and I'm not scurred to admit it. I was watching the playoffs like for real Kobe your about to take that shot and guess what? He did and most of the time bricked it, and then he came running back on defense yelling and giving that look to the "ref like you not gonna call that huh..."

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

No, Kobe has officially fallen off...

roll.gif
i'm not even a Kobe stan and this is hilarious.

I'm a huge Kobe fan and I'm not scurred to admit it. I was watching the playoffs like for real Kobe your about to take that shot and guess what? He did and most of the time bricked it, and then he came running back on defense yelling and giving that look to the "ref like you not gonna call that huh..."

He forced a lot during the playoffs and he made a few mistakes but to say he's fallen off is crazy. He's still more effective than 90% of other SG's

Originally Posted by Essential1

I think he is...It's either Wade or Kobe..

I got Kobe slightly better. And if you had Wade slightly better that's ok.

But my top 5 SG in the league:
1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Harden
5. Manu
Joe and Harden over Manu? Why? Especially why Joe?
Harden I can understand the argument because exponentially, he will probably be a better BASKETBALL player than Joe.

But how is Joe above Manu?

Back
Top Bottom