Is Kobe Bryant Still the Best Shooting Guard in the NBA?

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

DWADE needs a wheel chair for a finger injury. What do you expect?

DWADE looks like a disgusting fish/frog hybrid. He takes steroids w/ Lebron. Both exhibit steroid/HGH use:

LBJ = BALDING
DWADE = Enormous Jawline

laugh.gif
This dude
fish/frog hybrid
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Essential1

I think he is...It's either Wade or Kobe..

I got Kobe slightly better. And if you had Wade slightly better that's ok.

But my top 5 SG in the league:
1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Harden
5. Manu
Joe and Harden over Manu? Why? Especially why Joe?
Harden I can understand the argument because exponentially, he will probably be a better BASKETBALL player than Joe.

But how is Joe above Manu?
this.

i would tie Manu/Beard at 3 and leave JJ at 5

Joe needs mental toughness, he needs to be tied to a bed and beaten with socks full of soap or something, theres no reason for that hawks to be underachieving every season

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

No, Kobe has officially fallen off...
Kobe in his 16th season >
No one's arguing Kobe is in or near his prime. We're just in a general consensus that he's the still the best SG.

Originally Posted by DMan14

monta gets no love?
Realistically, why should he get any mention in this thread?
He would've two years ago.
laugh.gif

And I agree about Manu. Not only is he crafty, but he's so talented doing EVERYTHING on offense. He can score anywhere, anywhere on the court, he's probably the best passing two-guard in the League, he can get to the basket, and he is clutch.

Joe Johnson wishes he was as good as Manu Ginobili..
grin.gif

He's probably one of the toughest stops in the NBA, right next to LeBron or Howard.

I think this highlights the fact that there is no decent new/young superstar potential SGs in the NBA at the moment, the same way there are no decent big men and only a handful of true PGs. The league is now all about forwards who can handle the ball and pretty much do everything, and PGs who take 20+ shots a night!

Kobes game is getting dated in this league, was obvious the last couple of yrs from playing dallas last yr and OKC this yr. The structure of the lakers is no longer effective, there's no longer a winning formula with 1 single player shooting 20+ shots every night.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by DMan14

monta gets no love?
Realistically, why should he get any mention in this thread?
He would've two years ago.
laugh.gif

And I agree about Manu. Not only is he crafty, but he's so talented doing EVERYTHING on offense. He can score anywhere, anywhere on the court, he's probably the best passing two-guard in the League, he can get to the basket, and he is clutch.

Joe Johnson wishes he was as good as Manu Ginobili..
grin.gif

He's probably one of the toughest stops in the NBA, right next to LeBron or Howard.

No he wouldn't have. Monta has never been a Top 3 SG. Not even worth bringing up an any conversation.
Manu is also underappreciated like you said. Maybe it is the Spurs stigma that holds him back. I don't think any SG post Jordan not named Wade and Kobe was honestly on his level from an overall standpoint. Vince was the man for a while and so was AI. But this dude is a basketball player.

Monta is a chucker. Nothing more nothing less.

I like him though

I Hate Kobe, but he is still the best SG.  Wade is better defensively though.  Manu is 3rd, followed by Harden.

Give me Wade. "Kobe ball" gets him individual numbers, albeit in an inefficient manner and is not conducive to winning, and alienates his teammates. And
laugh.gif
at trying to defend his shooting percentage by pointing out that Ramon Sessions and Jason Terry shoot a comparable one.

^^^^^^^

Kobe is the best shooting guard in the league. Wade, Manu (when healthy), Monta Ellis, and Harden round out my top 5. I wanted to mention Joe Johnson but he's so damn lazy!
tired.gif

If I were rounding out a team I would take Eric Gordon, Afflalo and Wes Matthews before I would want Monta on my squad. Before you call me a "hater" I am truly a fan of Monta. Fan in terms of watching basketball as a fan. But if I am watching it in an intellectual way, he isn't the one for me.

Kobe starting to remind me of Iverson, when you take terrible shots and put up 40 points but have no rebounds or assist and go 7-28 from the field are you really the best 2 guard in the league? Almost any 2 guard in the NBA that takes 28 shots should score over 30
grin.gif
. Now that Kobe doesnt out jump anyone anymore and becomes a jump shooter, I cant put him at the top 2 guard in the league.

If I were rounding out a team I would take Eric Gordon, Afflalo and Wes Matthews before I would want Monta on my squad. Before you call me a "hater" I am truly a fan of Monta. Fan in terms of watching basketball as a fan. But if I am watching it in an intellectual way, he isn't the one for me.

Chill man.
laugh.gif
I ain't saying he's even close to any one up there other than maybe Joe. If anything it's just from me watching the kid for years. He can score, and he has good handles but he's a little small and he hasn't proven he can play on a winning team.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Harden
5. Manu

I would probably put Harden ahead of Joe. I think Harden got more heart than Joe Johnson.

Most definitely put Harden above Joe Johnson. That boy James Harden COOKS 
pimp.gif

I'm still pissed about the Laker loss, but props are due where they are deserved. AND he was cooking during the lockout 
sick.gif

Kobe is better than Wade. But Wade is still hands down the only SG behind Kobe worth putting in that #1 spot. 

Kobe will forever be that man. Best SG in the league, and imo still the best player in the league. 

But hey, I'm a fan, so of course I'm going to be a little biased. 

Chill man.
laugh.gif
I ain't saying he's even close to any one up there other than maybe Joe. If anything it's just from me watching the kid for years. He can score, and he has good handles but he's a little small and he hasn't proven he can play on a winning team.

Like I said, he is fun to watch. I am not denying that but what is he other than a chucker? Be real with yourself. Emotions aside. 
nerd.gif

Of course Kobe is the best even w/ Pau and Bynum playing like garbage

and the rest of the squad as bumbs.

Kobe still managed to score all of the lakers points and lead them to the past the OKC Thunder

Eastern conference finals vs the spurs?????

Lightwork for Kobe Bean Bryant.

The Shooting Guard GOD cosigned.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Harden
5. Manu

I would probably put Harden ahead of Joe. I think Harden got more heart than Joe Johnson.

Most definitely put Harden above Joe Johnson. That boy James Harden COOKS 
pimp.gif

I'm still pissed about the Laker loss, but props are due where they are deserved. AND he was cooking during the lockout 
sick.gif

Kobe is better than Wade. But Wade is still hands down the only SG behind Kobe worth putting in that #1 spot. 

Kobe will forever be that man. Best SG in the league, and imo still the best player in the league. 

But hey, I'm a fan, so of course I'm going to be a little biased. 
not sure if you could consider harden a 2 guard.. played point and the on the wing with durant, so could be interchangeable at 2/3.. harden is a better point guard than westbrook.. so you can say westbrook is the 2nd or 3rd best 2-guard in the league

Chill man.
laugh.gif
Like I said, he is fun to watch. I am not denying that but what is he other than a chucker? Be real with yourself. Emotions aside. 
nerd.gif
What more is Joe Johnson?
nerd.gif

I'm not saying JJ isn't better. He is. My point is that there isn't nothing about ATL JJ that makes me excited at all. Kobe, Wade, Manu, and Harden. After that, a whole bunch of meh.

Wes, Joe, Monta, Gordon, JET, OJ, whoever, just a whole bunch of meh. No one else is on their level.

No doubt kobe can score the ball, but have yall noticed he forces a lot of his shots when he should be setting up other teamates?  When kobe was hurt this season Bynum and Gasol were looking like first NBA team players, he comes back and now they suck.............I would hate to play with Kobe

Back
Top Bottom