Is Ne-Yo the next immortalized R&B superstar?

I dont think these dudes REALLY see what he does. Dude is a BIG part of pop/r&b music from his great production, to his writing, and finally to his ownsongs. As far as being an immortalized r&b superstar, not yet, but he definitely has the talent and drive. People just need to recognize and appreciatewhat he does and he'll be on his way. In my books dude is definitely one of the greats of our time, im not sure if anyone else sees that in him, but I do.His works def appreciated
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

first off, isnt this thread about comparing ne-yo to mj? so me comparing their fanbases as a way to refute the "next in line" title for ne-yo is appropriate ...

yes, my mom not knowing who ne-yo is does mean something because it shows that he isnt UNIVERSAL like mj was ... you trying to tell me ne-yo crosses that many racial and age barriers that michael did? ... ... ... really?

who does my mom know by face? lol diddy, jt, usher, beyonce, jay, em etc... she loves john legend ... hell she even knows r. kelly for his trapped in the closet @$!+ lol ... i mean she likes ne-yos radio hits but she wouldnt know him like shes knows the mega mega stars right now ... dude may be somewhat similar in his style to mj and be up there from a talent standpoint, but he just doesnt have that it factor that could make him universally listenable ... moms and children alike
Fanbase takes time. You're comparing somebody who has built a fanbase over 40 years to somebody who just came out in '06 - hasn't evenbeen out 5 years yet. Of course somebody who's been around for decades has a diverse fanbase. '06...Ne-Yo is still new.

Those artist your mother knows by face: either they're controversial, all in the media or all have business ventures of some sort.

Mario's only 22... I'm just saying...
grin.gif

Crazy voice...capable entertainer...he just needs the albums. He's gonna be around for a minute.

no. not enough accomplishments yet.....last few albums , subpar for all his hype
grin.gif

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

I dont' think we'll have any more immortalized R&B male vocalists.... you mean klike on the status of say an MJ or Stevie Wonder? Or Marvin Gaye? Donny Hathaway?? Prince???? Naaaaah, I don't think they make 'em like that any more.

Back
Top Bottom