Is Nike no longer as cool as it used to be?

And these Gallery Dept cats are some hacks :wow:

IMG_8354.jpeg

They’re not, but other brands have simply been doing great things the last few years. Their running shoes suck. I personally would rather wear NB or Saucony.
Some dork in the nike forum was mad because it was pointed out that a lot of experienced runners don’t wear nike and wear other brands to run in. Seems like he got upset because he only wears nikes for running. :lol:

I have a few friends that run marathons and races regularly, they always wearing non-nike sneakers.

People are still wearing nike apparel and shoes the style right now is just comfy sporty 90’s looking sneakers like the new balance 1906, ASICS gel kayano 14, saucony pro grid 9 and mizuno wave riders. Nikes version of that style are the vomero 5 and they are huge right now as well.

I think it's a case of other brands getting a look other than Nike. Those brands still got a long way to go though. I'm just glad I'm at the age where I just don't care, like what I like, and let the rest wash away. I was never one to get the trendy stuff, it just so happened the stuff I was into became popular. Hell, I'm tired of buying kicks anyway personally.

I stopped caring about nikes when I tried to order a pair of AJ 1s on release day and they sold out in like 2 seconds. Getting a pair of sneakers shouldn’t be that big of a hassle. Now I just buy sneakers that are on deep discount. Been wearing some new balances I got on sale the past 2 years.

I don’t see Nike as the barometer of cool as it used to be for my demographic.

It’s like McDonalds. They have the most market cap for restaurants, but it’s not a “cool/trendy” spot to eat at; it’s just widely available.

New Balance and Asics aren't taking over. The younger crowd are wearing them, and then certain people are just following them, for the sake of just following. Certain New Balances look ok, but there's nothing about New Balances or Asics that light a fire inside of my mind like, da#@ those look so good that I have to have them.

Nike will always reign supreme in the shoe world/maket, simply because they created athletic shoes from the 80,s and 90,s that also look good from a casual wear perspective. Old Reeboks and Adidas (yeezy line), have a few pairs that can compete with retro Nikes or Jordans. The sentiment that I've heard from the younger generation about Nikes and Jordans, is the system in place to buy their highly sought after shoes, such as collabs and certain limited releases.

The SNKRS app waiting game, local store employees and managers backdooring pairs, resellers, has turned off the young consumers in it's entirety when it comes to Nikes and Jordans. They still like them, but they're just turned off from the buying process of them.

I have seen fashion trends start up in certain hoods first. Only for social media people or rappers to take it as if they started, only because the individuals who started it aren't posting it on social media. People do bite after seeing it at school or in the streets, it's just that their rendition of it is terrible.

Social Media has taken over what is deemed popular in it's entirety though. Which is not good at all. I hate watching these popular social media podcasts and ig pages review and talk about shoes. It's as if the nerds and corny non stylish people of the class/neighborhood have taken full control of the shoe and fashion world. Like just show us the shoes, because none of us are taking fashion cues from you. Cats be wearing size 44 Dockers overlaying the entire shoe, TF.

It's like the uncool unfashionable kid gets a desk job at a popular clothing or magazine company, and all of a sudden they're living out their dreams to be the fashionable cool kid they never was. Sorry, but nobody cares about which shoes you consider to be good or not, nobody cares how you dress. just review and show us those upcoming shoes.

as a socal resident, chucks and vans are still as relevant as any of those athleisure look shoes

also, EYE love that nike brought back lunar based soles

New Balance and Asics aren't taking over. The younger crowd are wearing them, and then certain people are just following them, for the sake of just following. Certain New Balances look ok, but there's nothing about New Balances or Asics that light a fire inside of my mind like, da#@ those look so good that I have to have them.

Nike will always reign supreme in the shoe world/maket, simply because they created athletic shoes from the 80,s and 90,s that also look good from a casual wear perspective. Old Reeboks and Adidas (yeezy line), have a few pairs that can compete with retro Nikes or Jordans. The sentiment that I've heard from the younger generation about Nikes and Jordans, is the system in place to buy their highly sought after shoes, such as collabs and certain limited releases.

The SNKRS app waiting game, local store employees and managers backdooring pairs, resellers, has turned off the young consumers in it's entirety when it comes to Nikes and Jordans. They still like them, but they're just turned off from the buying process of them.

I have seen fashion trends start up in certain hoods first. Only for social media people or rappers to take it as if they started, only because the individuals who started it aren't posting it on social media. People do bite after seeing it at school or in the streets, it's just that their rendition of it is terrible.

Social Media has taken over what is deemed popular in it's entirety though. Which is not good at all. I hate watching these popular social media podcasts and ig pages review and talk about shoes. It's as if the nerds and corny non stylish people of the class/neighborhood have taken full control of the shoe and fashion world. Like just show us the shoes, because none of us are taking fashion cues from you. Cats be wearing size 44 Dockers overlaying the entire shoe, TF.

It's like the uncool unfashionable kid gets a desk job at a popular clothing or magazine company, and all of a sudden they're living out their dreams to be the fashionable cool kid they never was. Sorry, but nobody cares about which shoes you consider to be good or not, nobody cares how you dress. just review and show us those upcoming shoes.
Had to ask ChatGPT to shorten this:

New Balance and Asics aren't dominating. Younger crowds wear them, others follow. Nike rules due to iconic 80s/90s designs. Some Reeboks and Adidas compete. Youngsters dislike Nike/Jordan buying process: SNKRS app, backdooring, resellers. Fashion trends start in hoods, picked up by social media, often poorly. Social media dictates popularity, disliked by some. Reviews focus on shoes, not fashion.

Had to ask ChatGPT to shorten this:

New Balance and Asics aren't dominating. Younger crowds wear them, others follow. Nike rules due to iconic 80s/90s designs. Some Reeboks and Adidas compete. Youngsters dislike Nike/Jordan buying process: SNKRS app, backdooring, resellers. Fashion trends start in hoods, picked up by social media, often poorly. Social media dictates popularity, disliked by some. Reviews focus on shoes, not fashion.

This was low-ki a hilarious way to TLDR that man's post.

Faux designer brands like Gallery Dept.
ok i’ll give you this which is questionable but even so that isn’t a strong argument that the hoods decide what is cool. that’s one small niche brand (which i know nothing about)
but fashion doesn’t start there…cats are usually late as hell with the trends and whatnot.

there’s a reason why there are fashion capitals of the world. they really set the trends.

ok i’ll give you this which is questionable but even so that isn’t a strong argument that the hoods decide what is cool. that’s one small niche brand (which i know nothing about)
but fashion doesn’t start there…cats are usually late as hell with the trends and whatnot.

there’s a reason why there are fashion capitals of the world. they really set the trends.

Yea but folks in the hood never took cues from those "Fasion Capitals" either.

While we’re on the topic of running shoes.

What’s a good pair of running shoes for under $200?

Nike zoom x invincible run 3 .
You can find some on ebay for less than 100 sometimes.
Theyre better than most 200 and up shoes.

Theyre cool.

Yea but folks in the hood never took cues from those "Fasion Capitals" either.
yeah but the original statement was that folks in the hood determine what’s cool

that’s false

whether or not the hood takes cues from the fashion capitals is irrelevant cause that’s where it all starts. every trend that’s popping now started in some fashion show years ago. it trickles down

Back
Top Bottom