Is Nike no longer as cool as it used to be?

Still cool but quite over saturated. And most of their new athlete signings ain’t really it and/or their shoes are ugly. Or the fake gangsters doing dumb crap (cough cough Ja).

Personally got tired all the games trying buy a nike shoe so I’ve moved to designer and other brands. I’ll still rock and maybe try for a nike but not like before.

Folks swore Adidas would die after Ye but the AE1 sold out right away and has been very well received. Just got my son a pair. He’s 9 and I noticed he will wear most brands. No damn hokas tho lol.

IMG_5333.jpeg

What nike sig shoes are popular right now besides kobes? I know people love getting nikeid’s of ionescu’s shoe which is basically a copy of kobes.

Still cool but quite over saturated. And most of their new athlete signings ain’t really it and/or their shoes are ugly. Or the fake gangsters doing dumb crap (cough cough Ja).

Personally got tired all the games trying buy a nike shoe so I’ve moved to designer and other brands. I’ll still rock and maybe try for a nike but not like before.

Folks swore Adidas would die after Ye but the AE1 sold out right away and has been very well received. Just got my son a pair. He’s 9 and I noticed he will wear most brands. No damn hokas tho lol.

IMG_5333.jpeg

You realize this is like bragging that the Ja and Tatum 1 first colorways sold out, right?

What nike sig shoes are popular right now besides kobes? I know people love getting nikeid’s of ionescu’s shoe which is basically a copy of kobes.

By popular, do you mean have resell value?

Because it's a 100 Nike's that are popular. You dudes get your sneaker knowledge off NiceKicks.

Popular as in a lot of people wear them to play in and/ or wear them casually. I have no idea what nicekicks is. I look in the nike forum and look at what nt'ers are buying. I saw some posting that giannis' current shoe can be found on deep discount.

Watch the Black Cement 4s sell out instantly this weekend and tell me Nike fell off.

While we’re on the topic of running shoes.

What’s a good pair of running shoes for under $200?
I work in the running industry. Find yourself the closest Fleet Feet, have them watch you run, and they’ll decide that for you. You have tons of choices with $200. Some of the best running shoes out there are in the $150 range.

Besides the KD 16 and the recent retro of the KD 3 and 4, I haven’t done much Nike. I do think the LeBron 21 is a dope shoe and Giannis shoes are dope but for me I’m in a fidget space.

But yeah, NB they been killin it with that Two WXY series and the of course their retro runners (1906r, 860 etc) and that 990V6 looks good.

Nike makes a lot off Nostalgia but how long will that last? My son dont care about Jordans/Nike retro like I did at his age(12). WTH happened to their innovation and creativity?

Last edited:
Nike makes a lot off Nostalgia but how long will that last? My son dont care about Jordans/Nike retro like I did at his age(12). WTH happened to their innovation and creativity?

People say this like New Balance, Saucony, Asics....are putting out all this creativity and innovation

It's just that every 5-10 years people discover other brands, but they're putting out mostly "retros"

It's a cycle. It's weird most of you have been on this board for years and don't even recognize it. Same thing over and over, dunks are hot, dunks are cold, dunks are hot.

Watch the Black Cement 4s sell out instantly this weekend and tell me Nike fell off.

But a lot haven’t sold out and more and more are hitting outlets or are discounted.

This could all be post covid related. Nike was on fire as everyone was buying everything. Today people are being way more selective and we are seeing what is truly hot or not hot.

Real talk, NT ain't exactly the best place to go for what's popular/fashionable. Hoka, Salomon, Birks, Crocs, the whole Y2K mesh runner craze, Sambas, etc. have all been going crazy for a couple years now and those threads are mostly dead or don't exist at all.

I know dudes are gonna question what's "popular" or "fashionable" and point to some Jordan retro that sold well. I'm strictly talking about the NY/LA/Paris/London/etc. fashion crowd and social media types and whats "in" right now.

People say this like New Balance, Saucony, Asics....are putting out all this creativity and innovation

It's just that every 5-10 years people discover other brands, but they're putting out mostly "retros"

It's a cycle. It's weird most of you have been on this board for years and don't even recognize it. Same thing over and over, dunks are hot, dunks are cold, dunks are hot.
ADVERTISEMENT​
Oh it's not just Nike/shoe culture with a creativity and imagination problem. Take a look at the movies releasing this year😆

Nike aint gonna move until the stocks drop and they probably have a play in place for that. "Guess what? We dropping the Tiffany's again!" Boom. Back on top.

This is on point and true. I remember about 8-10 years ago NB and Asics had a good little run with the Ronnie Fieg collabs with the 990s, 997s, 998s, Gel Lyte 3s and 5s. People were saying the same **** then that they are saying now that Nike was falling off and the other brands were taking over. Peaks and valleys

Nike aint gonna move until the stocks drop and they probably have a play in place for that. "Guess what? We dropping the Tiffany's again!" Boom. Back on top.

Stock did drop, jumped and dropped again tho.

I teach in a high school. The only shoes on feet are Jordan’s, dunks, forces, Yeezys, new balances, balanciagas and Uggs. Nobody is rocking ASICS fam. You must be locked into some Midwest retirement community.

Who wears Asics besides runners?

To me, Nike apparel has never been more popular. Pretty much everyone owns a piece of Nike clothing.

1708362832133.png

1708362899671.png

1708363081839.png

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 12.17.04 PM.png

1708362929128.png

Attachments

• 1708362853056.png
    1708362853056.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 22

The point of my post is the person that I was discussing this with originally doesn't even recognize or acknowledge the cycle.

The same shoes people were killing themselves for in 2020-21 (the pandas) were my frat party beaters in 2004.

And also psssst the pandas aren't hot right now. The last few times Nike dropped them they sat on Nike.com. And those were specifically the shoes he and others in this thread have highlighted as proof of Nike's everlasting never failing hype.

Back
Top Bottom