Is Nike no longer as cool as it used to be?

Topic at 52:40

oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif

I’ve been seeing a lot of OnCloud or whatever the hell it’s called everywhere which is even worse.

Hokas to me are like the new Skechers. The thicker the midsole the more comfortable people think they are.

Whatever is discounted and comfortable is cool to me. Haven't bought new sneakers in 4 years. Waiting until my current new balance skate shoes are worn down to get anything new.

Just browsing nike dot com. Panda dunks are really sitting in all sizes :lol:

Resellers gotta be hurting. Good
perfect.

This is what we need, more GS runs

The super limited hyped up crap got us here in the first place.

Kids wanting to stand out so bad OVERPAYING for limited shoes driving up the price for the rest of us

perfect.

This is what we need, more GS runs

The super limited hyped up crap got us here in the first place.

Kids wanting to stand out so bad OVERPAYING for limited shoes driving up the price for the rest of us
I believe Nike is of the opinion that their lifestyle and retro lines are luxury sneakers and as such, the more limited a shoe can be and the more hype they have, the better. They don't want Jordans sitting.

everything is a cycle

pandas were GR until influencers got them and stylized them with everything + causing a demand in them. same with all white AF1's, AJ1's, etc.

once the supply meets the demand, the influencer moved on to something with less supply.. etc.

I was looking at Sambas. My current pair I got on sale for like $30 in 2018. Now they go for $100. The f happened

Nike prices went too high and quality has gone way down. Also making shoes impossible to get will hurt your brand.

Their jerseys for all three sports are garbage too.

Was in Foot Locker for the first time in months and they had mad Nikes and Jays sitting.

Remember back in 2016 to 2018? Boost was the wave, most Jordan 1s were hitting the sales too. Virgil ‘The Ten’ made Jordan Brand/Nike’s cool again (as well as adidas overdoing ultra boost and NMDs).

everything is a cycle

pandas were GR until influencers got them and stylized them with everything + causing a demand in them. same with all white AF1's, AJ1's, etc.

once the supply meets the demand, the influencer moved on to something with less supply.. etc.
This is cap, pandas were never really obtainable at first unless you had a bot or woke up at 615 for hibbett and got a restock. When dunk hype got big no dunks were sitting at all.

Adidas Samba being the last flavor of the month is something I didn’t see. Mind you, they’ve always been dope. Seeing these hypebeast and hipsters rockin’ them is crazy lol.

It’s crazy to see how the Boost stuff has been sitting for the most part.

adidas ultraboost is better than anything nike has put out.

and the innovative stuff nike does make doesn't last. I liked the joyrides nike had but they discontinued smh

This is cap, pandas were never really obtainable at first unless you had a bot or woke up at 615 for hibbett and got a restock. When dunk hype got big no dunks were sitting at all.
I got got the first wave. Paid 300 for my pandas when there was no signs of a re release. Then they came out like 50 times after that :lol:

Might not be the right thread for this, but have you guys seen this yet?

Tl;dr - Nike sends an invite to teachers to voluntarily grade papers/essays, which leads to backlash due to the company not opting to pay teachers to grade the papers/essays instead.

Last edited:
Yeah It's really just a generational thing.
adidas ultraboost is better than anything nike has put out.

and the innovative stuff nike does make doesn't last. I liked the joyrides nike had but they discontinued smh
Never got the chance to wear a pair. when I was running. I went from Lunar to React soles and stuck with that. From my understanding, joyride tech was pretty much a failure?

Back
Top Bottom