IS NIKETALK NEW LAYOUT TRASH???? THREAD

IS THE LAYOUT TRASH

• Total voters
Wait I dont how that worked. How did you configure that you were alerted when threads had new posts but not fkr every single new posts.

I remember when we first got this feature alerts and I quickly turned all of that off cuz for certain threads I can end up with a 100 alerts a day

I’m just trying to have the old settings on my watched threads. Alert me via on site notification when a new reply is posted, but not every new reply to the thread.

It’ll definitely take some time playing around with. But my first reaction is it’s a bit much lol. I’ll revisit this thread in a week.

Other than that though everything else seems great. Already used to the layout and the OG setting helps a lot.
There are several factors that influence alert behavior:
  • Whether the alert is marked "read"
  • Whether you have persistent alerts enabled
  • If and and how you've chosen to summarize alerts
You can mark alerts read in two ways: by actually viewing the new content/clicking through the alert, or simply by viewing the alert itself.

If you want the alert to remain up until you actually see the new content for yourself, check the box labeled "alerts pop-up skips mark read." Otherwise, you'll want the alerts pop-up to automatically mark everything as read for you so that you won't miss alerts. (This seems to be the case for people wondering why they aren't getting new alerts for threads they're following.)

Persistent alerts also helps users avoid missing alerts. Here's how that feature is described:

"If enabled, you will be alerted/emailed (based on your settings) for every post in a watched thread as long as you have no unread alerts for that thread. If disabled, you'll only be alerted for new posts since the last time you viewed the thread."

If you summarize alerts, then if 20 new posts were added since your last visit, the alerts pop up will group those together into a single entry.

And you can now customize push/email alert behavior for each different interaction type. Let's say you want to receive site alerts for all new replies to watched threads, push notifications every time someone mentions you - but you only want email notifications if you get a new private message. You can do that.

There are several factors that influence alert behavior:
  • Whether the alert is marked "read"
  • Whether you have persistent alerts enabled
  • If and and how you've chosen to summarize alerts
You can mark alerts read in two ways: by actually viewing the new content/clicking through the alert, or simply by viewing the alert itself.

If you want the alert to remain up until you actually see the new content for yourself, check the box labeled "alerts pop-up skips mark read." Otherwise, you'll want the alerts pop-up to automatically mark everything as read for you so that you won't miss alerts. (This seems to be the case for people wondering why they aren't getting new alerts for threads they're following.)

Persistent alerts also helps users avoid missing alerts. Here's how that feature is described:

"If enabled, you will be alerted/emailed (based on your settings) for every post in a watched thread as long as you have no unread alerts for that thread. If disabled, you'll only be alerted for new posts since the last time you viewed the thread."

If you summarize alerts, then if 20 new posts were added since your last visit, the alerts pop up will group those together into a single entry.

And you can now customize push/email alert behavior for each different interaction type. Let's say you want to receive site alerts for all new replies to watched threads, push notifications every time someone mentions you - but you only want email notifications if you get a new private message. You can do that.

Ok so I just want to be alerted when a new reply is posted in a thread I watch, but I don't want a new alert for every post. Viewing the alert pop-up is sufficient for me to make that alert "read" (I don't need to go into the thread), I would only check:
  • Persistent Alerts Enabled

And keep these unchecked:
  • Alerts pop-up skips mark read
  • Alerts page skips mark read
  • Alerts page skips summarizing

Right? Thanks for the help. :lol:

Methodical Management Methodical Management
do u have any things u wished were better on the new platform
i know u dont wanna say anything to disparage the site
or anyone working on the site
but what do u wish it had or
want for the site
that it currently doesnt have
or feature u miss

This current layout and general feel of navigating reminds me of a mix of the first 2 moves after I joined. I like having the gallery back, and the extra emojis are cool, but everything else sucks

I'm not getting consistent alerts in the major thread in actively in.
I know it's bugs and the growing pains that come along with updating a website.
But how soon will fix will come.

Ok so I just want to be alerted when a new reply is posted in a thread I watch, but I don't want a new alert for every post. Viewing the alert pop-up is sufficient for me to make that alert "read" (I don't need to go into the thread), I would only check:
  • Persistent Alerts Enabled

And keep these unchecked:
  • Alerts pop-up skips mark read
  • Alerts page skips mark read
  • Alerts page skips summarizing

Right? Thanks for the help. :lol:
Why not just go to watched threads and look for the red dot that indicates new post in that thread? Click on thread and it takes you the first new post. I assumed everyone did it that way.

Click 3 bars at top left, then "what's new", then watched. All of your watched threads are there in order of most recent post. Red dot to the left of thread means new post.

da ish looks we on now looks inferior...less information/stats, and just compressed.
Yeah you seriously exhaggerating with that comment, plenty wanted the galleries and me being one who did.
I really appreciate that. Thank you :emoji_punch:
Can you post a link?
dawg. i understand how notifications work. lol
the threads im normally in aint popping up like they used to.
its only showing maybe 2 notifications and mainly direct quotes to me or likes ive recieved.
I remember that being a problem with the last update it eventually was resolved though.

this **** is a headache.

all it wants to show is reactions and quotes.

straight up not having a good time.

Stumbling across features as I get used to the new setup, like the bookmark option. I think people were just liking or screenshotting posts to pull up later. Now you can check those receipts from the bookmark option.

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican
Now we will never lose sight of that burger.

Why not just go to watched threads and look for the red dot that indicates new post in that thread? Click on thread and it takes you the first new post. I assumed everyone did it that way.

Click 3 bars at top left, then "what's new", then watched. All of your watched threads are there in order of most recent post. Red dot to the left of thread means new post.
That’s how I have always done it. Seems like the simplest way...

this **** is a headache.

all it wants to show is reactions and quotes.

straight up not having a good time.

Do this. Alerts are for quotes and reactions. Watched threads page is to see what threads have new posts. So much easier. I just have that page bookmarked so when I pull up NT that's my default home page.

1569939497966.png

How do I get rid of this "NT would like your permission to enable push notifications" on the bottom of my screen? I can't even click on the damn thing to "x" it out.

Back
Top Bottom