Is Robert Horry a Hall of Famer?

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Nobody who averaged a 7 & 5 for his career is getting into the Hall of Fame. He was never even the third best player on any championship team he played for.

KC jones avg'd 7 and 3 (4 if you round up).
I'm sorry, did Robert Horry go on to be a very successful head coach and win a couple NBA titles? Did Robert Horry win a gold medal in the Olympics? Again, it's the BASKETBALL Hall of Fame, not the NBA. Jones is in for all of his achievements in basketball.

I understand K.C Jones' merits. I only posted that because of the first sentence in your post.

Can it be done with those avgs? Yes (and it has)
Will it take a lot more basbetball merit, and is Robert Horry likely to achieve said merit? No

We're cool.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Nobody who averaged a 7 & 5 for his career is getting into the Hall of Fame. He was never even the third best player on any championship team he played for.

KC jones avg'd 7 and 3 (4 if you round up).
I'm sorry, did Robert Horry go on to be a very successful head coach and win a couple NBA titles? Did Robert Horry win a gold medal in the Olympics? Again, it's the BASKETBALL Hall of Fame, not the NBA. Jones is in for all of his achievements in basketball.

I understand K.C Jones' merits. I only posted that because of the first sentence in your post.

Can it be done with those avgs? Yes (and it has)
Will it take a lot more basbetball merit, and is Robert Horry likely to achieve said merit? No

We're cool.

Originally Posted by FromAZwithLOVE

If he's a Hall of Famer then Nick Van Exel Derek Fisher is too..

fixed.

lets put it this way i love what horry did for us as well is what fish is doing for us right now BUT c'mon now...these guys arent gonna have their numbers retired by the Lakers so what makes you think theyll get in the hall of fame?!

Originally Posted by FromAZwithLOVE

If he's a Hall of Famer then Nick Van Exel Derek Fisher is too..

fixed.

lets put it this way i love what horry did for us as well is what fish is doing for us right now BUT c'mon now...these guys arent gonna have their numbers retired by the Lakers so what makes you think theyll get in the hall of fame?!

YES

Been sayin for years........
happy.gif

I've stated a bunch of times on this board, if you were to fast forward 100 years, and the NBA has folded and you were to make an NBA DVD of the greatest moments in the history of the game, how many of them would consist of Robert Horry during a playoff game?  How many shots, moments would we see him?  And who would have more?  MJ, maybe Reggie, maybe Bird, and thas about it.  Big Shot Rob would be ALL OVER that DVD. 

To me, imo, that has got to stand for something.  Fish gets a nod too, I get that, Kerr and all those guys, yeah I know, there's always going to be guys that make a play here and there, understood, but Rob did it with THREE teams, MULTIPLE times.  NOBODY, is ever touching that.  3 teams, multiple titles with each of them.  That ain't happenin again. 

I know he don't do a damn thing in the regular season, but if we givin hall of fame run to dudes who played in Turkey for 7 years, or Istambul, then damn it, Robert should get that run for what he did on an NBA level in the biggest minutes of the biggest games. 

I've stated a bunch of times on this board, if you were to fast forward 100 years, and the NBA has folded and you were to make an NBA DVD of the greatest moments in the history of the game, how many of them would consist of Robert Horry during a playoff game?  How many shots, moments would we see him?  And who would have more?  MJ, maybe Reggie, maybe Bird, and thas about it.  Big Shot Rob would be ALL OVER that DVD. 

To me, imo, that has got to stand for something.  Fish gets a nod too, I get that, Kerr and all those guys, yeah I know, there's always going to be guys that make a play here and there, understood, but Rob did it with THREE teams, MULTIPLE times.  NOBODY, is ever touching that.  3 teams, multiple titles with each of them.  That ain't happenin again. 

I know he don't do a damn thing in the regular season, but if we givin hall of fame run to dudes who played in Turkey for 7 years, or Istambul, then damn it, Robert should get that run for what he did on an NBA level in the biggest minutes of the biggest games. 

ELIGIBILITY:

Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for Enshrinement into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame:

Player: A player must be fully retired for four full seasons before being eligible for Enshrinement. He/she may then be considered for Enshrinement in the fifth year of retirement. Should a player come out of retirement for a short period of time, as defined by the BHOF, his/her case and eligibility for Enshrinement shall be reviewed on an individual basis.

Given the Eligibility Criteria Robert Horry and his contribution as a "Team Player" in the most clutch of moments should be enshrined into the HOF. He directly contributed to 7 Championships in key clutch moments and should be immortalized in the HOF.

Considering some of this years candidates and their pedigree the topic needs to be opened up again.

ROBERT HORRY FOR THE HOF

Is Derek Fisher a Hall of Famer too

Why not, he meets the eligibility criteria, but not before Robert Horry. The more fitting would be if they were inducted together, couldn't be worse than some of the candidates that have been presented for this years induction.

Back
Top Bottom