Is Sebastian Telfair slowly living up to the hype?

I love when people make arguments like, "I give him props right now because he has the potential to be great in the future."

laugh.gif

Ummm... then... give him props... in the future.
roll.gif

"The sky's the limit. He's only 22."

And? At 22, he's a decent backup. The only thing we know about him at 27 is that he'll be... ... ... ... ...

... ... ... ... ... 27.

I really hope he does well in the L

he's panning out to be a decent guard. I don't know he will be the next great thing. Probably not.

I wish he went to college but on the real, I would've done same thing if I was him. Didn't somebody in his apartment got killed right before around thedraft time? He wanted to get his family outta hood and I can't blame him for it. Another thing, so many bums were getting drafted in that years draft. Icould cut some slacks on Telfair for now. Dude is also only 22.

I always mention this when people think he will live up to the hype. Not to knock Sebastian or anything, but take a look at Rajon Rondo.

This dude grew up playing ball with Sebastian in AAU. They knew each other ever since they were kids, and Rondo did the smart thing and went to college. Surehe wasn't highly regarded as Sebastian was, but he made the smart choice and went to college where he polished his game up.

So what happens when they met each other in the league? Rondo actually takes Sebastian's starting spot, and stays on the team, and ships Sebastian toMinnesota.

With Sebastian's size....he will never be ranked amongst the tier 1 guards in the league. At best he will be a solid back up. If hes lucky he will play fora horrible team, and start for them.

Oh wait, he's doing that right now
laugh.gif

Like we have said before, he's always had the talent...he just wasn't quite ready for the NBA when he came out.
But you can see when he gets minutes he can be a solid PG, now if he wants to get to that next level he needs a lot more work and a consistent jumper, but aswe've been saying for years.... he has potential.

he'll be a solid point guard at the very least

he has very good vision
and he has amazing quickness, something that you have to see up close and person,
and can he get to the hoop basicaly at will

if he ever gets a legit jumper & 3pt shot defenders will have to worry about...he'll be an all-star

and i dont blame him for making the jump, and making sure to get that money
if any of you guys remember darius washington, who was in the same class as telfair(but not nearly as hyped of course)
he stayed in school, but also ended up undrafted

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by rhcp729

roll.gif
haha sorry. but telfair is at his prime, he'll always be a decent backup.
This guy said prime when he's only 22 years old............

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

what are you
smokin.gif

i agree with him. dude's as good as he'll get, i assume thats what he means by being in his prime. people have been ridin basty's balls for waytoo long, let go of that nut hair, there is plenty of other young point guards with far more talent than him on nba and college floors.

Originally Posted by G0 PRE

he'll be a solid point guard at the very least

he has very good vision
and he has amazing quickness, something that you have to see up close and person,
and can he get to the hoop basicaly at will

if he ever gets a legit jumper & 3pt shot defenders will have to worry about...he'll be an all-star

and i dont blame him for making the jump, and making sure to get that money
if any of you guys remember darius washington, who was in the same class as telfair(but not nearly as hyped of course)
he stayed in school, but also ended up undrafted

I was real happy to take him off the waivers for my fantasy team. I think he will only get better and will definitely be a solid player if given thenecessary minutes per game.

unless youre a superb athelete or 6'5'' + there is no business a guard should go straight to the L.

he shoulda watched what chris paul did

He is honestly one of my favorite players in the league. I think this year he is finally on a team that has a coach that is really willing to see what he coulddo. He is getting a chance with Randy Foye being injured and I think he Bassy is doing a pretty good job. He's even getting a lot of praise for his playright now.

Stop talking about 'He should have went to school'

Dude had to make a decision for the betterment of his family.....Didn't someone close to him get killed not to long before the draft???

it's a business. he did what he had to do to feed his family and i cant hate on that.

sure he woulda had a better game, but considering his circumstances i cant fault him.

however, i think after 3 years in the L it's time to show and prove....if you're lame after three, you're not gonna be the superstar people thinkyou were gonna be unless you hit some magic switch or train with Tim Grover or something

well i mean...technically speaking, there is no garbage there. its just a bunch of recycling bins. lol so i understand how anybody could get confused.

Never really did see Sebastian Telfair as a good player.....I may be wrong. But for now he's not going anywhere

Sebastian was expected to dominate right away.

lolz I don't think the folks at Slam on a bad day would have said this. I doubt Sonny Vacaro would have said this either. Dominate the L? hahahaha.

Telfair should have been sent down to the D-League as soon as the league was created. He needed PT to demonstrate he could do what people have been writing hecan do for years. I have huge doubts in him. ZoDogg is right. Telfair is garbage. He might put up some good numbers in the Twin Cities, but fortunes can changequickly. Ask Tarrance Kinsey formerly of the Grizzlies. Western Conference rookie of the month at the end of 2007 is now getting ready to clear waivers.

And Telfair didn't have to go to college. He needed to go to college. He already had money. adidas had sponsored Telfair since he showed up on the map. Hiscoaches, his AAU team, his high school, anything Telfair did had adidas all over it. He picked Louisville for crissakes because it was an adidas school. Nobodyexpected him to ever enroll. If he wasn't taking the NBA for all the cash they would give to him, he likely would have struggled to qualify academically atLouisville.

Rajon Rondo and Jordan Farmar were in the same recruiting class. Both players are well ahead of Telfair in the rotation and production categories. DeronWilliams and Chris Paul both were top prospects that went to college to get better. They were coached well and emerged as lottery picks after 3 and 2 seasonsrespectively.

Telfair has the unfortunate moniker of when his team trades him they get better. He'll be out of the NBA before he's 25.

Back
Top Bottom