is t mobile serious right now? vol scam artists

you can put down 150 on the phone, and pay 20 extra on your bill until the phone is paid off too though.
YEp

OP either way your paying $600 even if u go through verizon or best buy. The cell phone companies add the cost of the phone to your bill by paying a extra $20 or $30 per month so over 2 years you pay off the phone. Thats why plans are so high compared to boost or straight talk.

with tombile your plan is like $30 cheaper then other companies so you only pay like $45 or $50 a month for everything 

i have tmo and i bought the s3 this year (first smartphone ever for me) and i thought that was the norm...
don't those things cost A LOT more?

So people only care about the right now price even if it cost them way more in the long run. Lol.

Go with sprint. End os story

whatever you do, don't go to sprint they are way behind with LTE and their coverage sucks. btw tmobile is a great deal, i recently switched from att who gives you a 2 year contract and the reason why att plans are so expensive is because the phone is subsidized into your bill. and what sucks about that is after your pay off your phone, your monthly bill doesnt decrease. they just keep making more money from you. best thing to do is buy the phone unlocked because if you get into a contract your actually paying a lot more than the unlocked price of the phone

I have been on t-mobile since they were a small company called voicestream wireless... OG family corporate plan

anyway, I walk in today to upgrade my phone and the salesman starts talking about the JUMP plan, you gotta be kidding me that spending $600 for a galaxy 4 or iphone 5 is considered a good deal :smh:

damn shame what companies are doing now to long time customers

end rant

where have you been? they got rid of upgrades... months ago

and if you want an upgrade i think best buy still offers them

How is T-Mobile scamming you though, OP?  

Btw, have you taken the time out to calculate total costs?  I think if you do, you'll find that in the long run you'll pay LESS by paying the full price of the phone as opposed to having it subsidized. 

Honestly, most Americans aren't ready for this type of approach to wireless service.  For years we've been duped into thinking that we're really getting a new phone for $200 or less.  Meanwhile the companies just tack on the difference to our monthly bills.  
laugh.gif
  And guess what?  When you've finally paid off the full retail price of your phone through those higher monthly payments, you STILL have to pay that higher rate.  'Murica.  

The sticker shock of that full retail price is indeed daunting, but trust that you're paying more than that when you cop a subsidized device and get tied down with a contract.  

whatever you do, don't go to sprint they are way behind with LTE and their coverage sucks.

Man, this. I had an evo 4g for two years and an iPhone 5 for almost a year and I've been able to access 4g speeds once. They're charging me to use it each month and it isn't even available anywhere close to me.

How is T-Mobile scamming you though, OP?  

Btw, have you taken the time out to calculate total costs?  I think if you do, you'll find that in the long run you'll pay LESS by paying the full price of the phone as opposed to having it subsidized. 

Honestly, most Americans aren't ready for this type of approach to wireless service.  For years we've been duped into thinking that we're really getting a new phone for $200 or less.  Meanwhile the companies just tack on the difference to our monthly bills.  :lol:   And guess what?  When you've finally paid off the full retail price of your phone through those higher monthly payments, you STILL have to pay that higher rate.  'Murica.  

The sticker shock of that full retail price is indeed daunting, but trust that you're paying more than that when you cop a subsidized device and get tied down with a contract.  

WRONG....

my original family corporate plan had the clause that I could upgrade my phone every 2 years, and pay the price that others would pay when joining (so basically a $500 phone would cost me $200) and not have to adjust my plan or monthly fee...

to me this was how business should be operated, take care of your loyal customers :smh:

WRONG....

my original family corporate plan had the clause that I could upgrade my phone every 2 years, and pay the price that others would pay when joining (so basically a $500 phone would cost me $200) and not have to adjust my plan or monthly fee...

to me this was how business should be operated, take care of your loyal customers :smh:

Lulz wut

^^^ Okay, how much are you paying monthly?

And you do realize that when others join, even though they only pay $200 for a phone, they're paying the rest of that retail price off with the higher rates under a contract, right?

So okay, you got new customer pricing. You also are more than likely paying more for service than someone who has utilized the new no contract approach. If not, you have a great rate/plan so stick with it and upgrade through Best Buy.

Last edited:

And you do realize that when others join, even though they only pay $200 for a phone, they're paying the rest of that retail price off with the higher rates under a contract, right?

So okay, you got new customer pricing. You also are more than likely paying more for service than someone who has utilized the new no contract approach. If not, you have a great rate/plan so stick with it and upgrade through Best Buy.

yeah I should have mentioned the specifics of the corporate plan in my OP... basically they don't recognize it anymore and now I have to pay top dollar for an upgrade when I used to get the break on retail prices... I get that new customers eventually pay out the full retail price on the phone over their contract time, but it was never something I had to worry about until now

I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around shelling out $600 for a phone that I could easily drop, misplace, or get stolen from me

So people only care about the right now price even if it cost them way more in the long run. Lol.

Pretty much.

I switched from tmobile to sprint cuz amazon had the galaxy s3 for a penny but now my bill is like $80 a month.

you failed regardless

been telling you guys for years on NT, Tmobile was dead last and laughin stock of the mobile market but they are clearly coming up. they are 100x better than Sprint today. Att is next,

they wont beat Verizon, they offer great service and internet even tho their prices are :x :x :x :smh:

Pretty much.

I switched from tmobile to sprint cuz amazon had the galaxy s3 for a penny but now my bill is like $80 a month.

you failed regardless

been telling you guys for years on NT, Tmobile was dead last and laughin stock of the mobile market but they are clearly coming up. they are 100x better than Sprint today. Att is next,

they wont beat Verizon, they offer great service and internet even tho their prices are :x :x :x :smh:

i'm so glad that att merger fell through. hopefully it stays that way :lol:

tmobile just expanded their LTE's. i'm getting 29mbps up and 8-9 down on LTE and aroound 14-18 on hspa+21, that would be a lot faster if i had tmos iphone which is capable of hspa+42

yeah I should have mentioned the specifics of the corporate plan in my OP... basically they don't recognize it anymore and now I have to pay top dollar for an upgrade when I used to get the break on retail prices... I get that new customers eventually pay out the full retail price on the phone over their contract time, but it was never something I had to worry about until now

I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around shelling out $600 for a phone that I could easily drop, misplace, or get stolen from me

so then why did you say he was wrong?

you getting robbed too youainteemknowit

Pretty much.

you failed regardless

tmobile just expanded their LTE's. i'm getting 29mbps up and 8-9 down on LTE and aroound 14-18 on hspa+21, that would be a lot faster if i had tmos iphone which is capable of hspa+42

yup the LTE is awesome. In michigan a lot of areas already have it and even more getting it by the day. by my house i bet we get it by the end of the month, its slowly but surely creeping up to my area. ill use that instead of my wifi :lol:

Pretty much.

you failed regardless

yup the LTE is awesome. In michigan a lot of areas already have it and even more getting it by the day. by my house i bet we get it by the end of the month, its slowly but surely creeping up to my area. ill use that instead of my wifi :lol:

word man, i'm glad i made the switch att was pissing me off with their upgrade fee, maintenance fee, crazy lil fees that you just see pop up in your monthly statement. now i have unlimited data and with pdanet from cydia i can tether my laptop and stream anything with zero lag. (its great when im working somewhere without wifi), pdanet hides your tethering usage from your carrier too (regardless what you hear, IMO it does work) i capped out my 500 of hotspot already and been tethering STILL without them knowing :smokin

Pretty much.

you failed regardless

word man, i'm glad i made the switch att was pissing me off with their upgrade fee, maintenance fee, crazy lil fees that you just see pop up in your monthly statement. now i have unlimited data and with pdanet from cydia i can tether my laptop and stream anything with zero lag. (its great when im working somewhere without wifi), pdanet hides your tethering usage from your carrier too (regardless what you hear, IMO it does work) i capped out my 500 of hotspot already and been tethering STILL without them knowing :smokin

ummm PM me?

i dont have tethering on my plan i dont think but would def be interested in this if it works

Gotcha.  It happens though.  I'm in a situation where I'm sticking with my old family plan because it's cheaper than the new family plans.  But eventually they'll phase my plan out and I'll have to switch, but that's just a part of business.  Contracts are 2 years, so once my contract is up I won't be able to get under contract with those same terms again even if I wanted to.  I can always just keep paying my usual monthly rate and get the same service, but at any time T-Mobile could tell me I have to switch to a new rate plan or get cutoff.  

It sucks, but I'm positive that I agreed to those terms when I signed my contract, although I didn't bother reading all the fine print.  

So did T-Mobile tell you that you HAVE to pay $600 upfront?  They didn't tell you about the EIP thing where you put some money down up front and then pay the rest off monthly?  Because if you have to pay $600 up front you either have horrible credit or they didn't give you the full scoop on your options.  

Back
Top Bottom