Is the Bronx an ok place?

Stop cappin, my man's was at a kids birthday party in da bronx broad day light. And they were bucking shots. No one got hurt. This circa 2011, homie told me he ain't never taking that train uptown. Never!!

Last time I went too the Bronx y'all have more crack heads per square footage compared to roughtest part of Brooklyn.
The Bronx is just fine.

Stop cappin, my man's was at a kids birthday party in da bronx broad day light. And they were bucking shots. No one got hurt. This circa 2011, homie told me he ain't never taking that train uptown. Never!!

Last time I went too the Bronx y'all have more crack heads per square footage compared to roughtest part of Brooklyn.

“Stop cappin “ thats down south lingo homey i dont talk that

Idk how old u are, where u was from or how u was raised but its not even a debate to think bx now is “vietnam status” im from the x ran the streets from early-mid 90s (when that comparison held weight) & seen the difference from then to now ...back when bx alone was catching 500+ bodies a year to now under 75 ..sh*t happens but its nowhere near the scale of what it was....but like i was pointing at if a dude whose 1-young growing up in ny in 21st century / 2- never was really a dude who was in the streets than i can understand why people might over exxagerate /overhype things ...i move feeely dolo all times of night in alotta hoods bronx is Fine nowadays

“Stop cappin “ thats down south lingo homey i dont talk that

Idk how old u are, where u was from or how u was raised but its not even a debate to think bx now is “vietnam status” im from the x ran the streets from early-mid 90s (when that comparison held weight) & seen the difference from then to now ...back when bx alone was catching 500+ bodies a year to now under 75 ..sh*t happens but its nowhere near the scale of what it was....but like i was pointing at if a dude whose 1-young growing up in ny in 21st century / 2- never was really a dude who was in the streets than i can understand why people might over exxagerate /overhype things ...i move feeely dolo all times of night in alotta hoods bronx is Fine nowadays

Let's be honest here, how many bodies did you catch In the 90s?

Last edited:
Y’all exaggerating too much.
Dead a*z

But again u gotta look at the dudes saying this & how they themselves came up.... if its a ni**ah who aint immune to being outside in the streets that plays a big factor ...i notice on youtube comments alotta these people aint from the hood or migjt be from a hood but never was outside so if 2-3 people in they neighborhood got shot in a year they will be quick to label that a wild hood /battle ground

The drug thing aint even worth responding to...its drug everywhere i hit up middle class suburban areas & young kids who peoples got money is on hard drugs

Let's be honest here, how many bodies did you catch In the 90s?
Da fu*k does how many bodies i may or may not have caught have to do with u labeling the current day bronx as vietnam & sounding mad petrified ? Come on homey stick to the script u drifting here

Da fu*k does how many bodies i may or may not have caught have to do with u labeling the current day bronx as vietnam & sounding mad petrified ? Come on homey stick to the script u drifting here
I'm from Brooklyn, East new York. I won't claim ENY, cause through out my childhood I've lived in all the hoods in the 90s growing up. I know when someone says they been running the streets especially if you were in the 90s and me being a victim of home invasion and have knife put to your throat at the age of 5 with your father getting robbed at gun point taking me to school.

So I ask how many bodies did you drop in the 90s since you were running the streets?

Running the streets means u automatically killed somebody? Lol running the streets is simply just that =being in the streets ...all the extras varies person to person ...u from eny which is a hop skip & jump (few blocks) from the ville which historically is 1 of the top 5 wildest areas in ny & u calling 2018-2019 bronx vietnam & u shook to hop on a train to visit the bronx ? Nahhh captain

1C3F3E9F-E4BE-4129-9301-D3C0FD9DDECE.png
C1004044-8546-4C7E-B42D-98B556A61902.png

Running the streets means u automatically killed somebody? Lol running the streets is simply just that =being in the streets ...all the extras varies person to person ...u from eny which is a hop skip & jump (few blocks) from the ville which historically is 1 of the top 5 wildest areas in ny & u calling 2018-2019 bronx vietnam & u shook to hop on a train to visit the bronx ? Nahhh captain
Come on now your not being honest. Running the streets could mean anything, Im just going with the extreme question cause I like to push buttons that people are afraid to touch. I understand it's do or die Bronx for you, but I'm don't operate like that. Forward progress and safety of my self and family will never make me live like that again as a child. Yes Bronx 2019 is different from the Bronx of the 90s but the blood spilled hasn't gone away. Jobeless, homelessness etc is still rampt up there. The city just beutify the outside so they can get people interested into living there since the other major broughs are become over populated. The negative perception of the Bronx in my eyes will be there cause I definitely know it still isn't a safe zone.

As a 36 year old Chicago South Sider born and raised, I have zero fear of this overexaggerated new york neighborhood. Y'all are just soft
Ive been to chicago trenches (westside to be specific...L-town) the vibes there in the 21st century made me feel like it was mid 90s ny ...but even with all that i feel like with chicago if u not involved with the gang politics then overall u good ..

Come on now your not being honest. Running the streets could mean anything, Im just going with the extreme question cause I like to push buttons that people are afraid to touch. I understand it's do or die Bronx for you, but I'm don't operate like that. Forward progress and safety of my self and family will never make me live like that again as a child. Yes Bronx 2019 is different from the Bronx of the 90s but the blood spilled hasn't gone away. Jobeless, homelessness etc is still rampt up there. The city just beutify the outside so they can get people interested into living there since the other major broughs are become over populated. The negative perception of the Bronx in my eyes will be there cause I definitely know it still isn't a safe zone.

Bro u can feel how u wanna feel thats your right & thats fine & dandy...im just tryna figure out where u say modern bronx is comparible to war vietnam ..thats the only thing that got me confused...bx is fine overall , the gentrification train has started to pick up in parts of the south bronx where u have outta towners /working class people from other boroughs moving in already it will only get stronger to the point south bronx will resemble how fort greene looks currently

The BX is just like every other borough in NYC. It has its good parts and bad as well.

You can tell who doesn't get out of their house or neighborhood and really been in and around the city.

Some of the grimiest places in the city are in Manhattan and Brooklyn so miss me with the BX slander lol.

Reactions: ASE
Thought I was the only one who was skeptical. They like to play with the numbers to make it sound good.
NYPD captain claims some cops are fudging crime stats to advance their careers, igniting police investigation
By GRAHAM RAYMAN
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
JAN 01, 2018 | 5:00 AM

IL6PUDJOOBFZQ5NA6XUEW3VUIM.jpg

The NYPD is investigating claims that some cops have downgraded felony crimes. (NY DAILY NEWS ILLUSTRATION)

Police brass are investigating claims by a veteran captain who alleges that some NYPD commanders are misclassifying felonies to hold down crime statistics in a bid to further their careers.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...-crime-stats-article-1.3730078?outputType=amp

Back
Top Bottom