Is the quality on retro Military IV's REALLY that bad?

I just ordered my first pair of these last night, but I wanna know if the quality is really as bad as people make it sound. I mean, does anyone recall a bad experience when they first wore theirs?

Yeah, real bad. I had a pair I wore, and after the first wear, they creased like hell. All IV retros from the past few years have felt flimsy and cheap. (Except for the lasers.) Not to mention the paint chipping on the midsole. I must have worn them 4 or five times, and they turned out like crap. Sold them real quick on NT for mad cheap. I have one pair DS in my closet, but I'm afraid to wear because I know they will be destroyed after a few wears. I personally love the Military Blue IVs, but it's a shame they came out so crappy.

Good luck with your pair.

its not the worst though. it will crease regardless and i have not had any paint chip on the midsole on my pair. if you like it, enjoy wearing it man.

Leather on these and "Mars" IVs...

They don't even feel like IVs, real talk. 
smh.gif

JB pushed the envelope on cheapness, and people still bit.  So..............................

I just thank them for making quality products from 97 - 00.  All my stuff from that era, including IVs, still wearable.  lol.

Its funny that this post came up because this whole morning thats all I was thinking about,
quality is simply HORRIBLE.
Id have to say on almost all 4s that have released in the past 5 years,
militarys, mars, cdp, almost any.
the mars have GOOD leather quality,
while the militarys have really cheap leather,
but the real problem in any of the retro 4s is the midsole,
the paint chips like crazy,
the 5th wear seems to be the estimated amount of time you got wit your pair before they start,
I wore my militarys on only occasions and by the 5th wear they started to chip,
first the white paint started cracking,
thats what I first noticed,
but it wasnt to bad,
by wear 10,
the blue on the inner foot started cracking,
and its VERY, VERY, VERY, noticeable,
this happend to my CDP 4s as well,
and the more you wear the worse it gets,
my CDPs are starting to crack on the outside of the shoes,
the most visible part.

I HATE this,
the black/cement 4s are my favorite air jordan hands down and I cant even wear them without this,
its also a common problem with the 3s too,
if only there was a way to fix this,
I might go around looking for real GOOD paint,
im truly sick and tired of this.
If theres anybody out there who knows how or has any tips could you please share.

i never bought them cuz they looked cheap in the first place.....then my boy shows me his NDS pair, and he wore them 2 times the glue on the heel of the left shoe was already coming off, and the lace tabs looked horrible

There were Mars IV that came with pre-creased toes right out of the box. The leather is definitely paper thin on them IVs.

eh its a dope c/w, and yes they're gonna chip and crease. so my advice is just rock em and enjoy em
or don't and sell em, w/e

Mine dont have the creasing issues that yall are complaining about. Its definately not reall leather, but they werent that bad in my eyes. aint wore them in a minute but i dont remember any paint chippin either.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by coolkicks23

Compared to what?  If I may ask...

Joints were MC Lyte status... Paper Thin......
laugh.gif

But the quality on these were horrible. I remember wearing my pair for the first time to school, I looked down and by 4th period they were done. Put them in my gym locker the next day.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by coolkicks23

Compared to what?  If I may ask...

Joints were MC Lyte status... Paper Thin......

Compare to the Military's... If I had to choose between the two I'd def go with the mars over these but both did lack in quality

I have the lightning IV'4 (I know they don't use leather, obviously) and I've worn them a few times with no problem with the midsoles. There is tiny tiny cracking of the paint towards to problem but I think any IV is going to have that

Paint on my pair is chipping on the midsole and the toebox is wrinkled as hell.

My Militaries haven't chipped too bad (yet) but the creasing is the worst I've ever seen
eek.gif

I wore them around my college campus (first time) for a couple hours and by the time I took them off it looked I had been hooping in them. 

My Mars IV's havent creased nearly as bad as the militaries. 

I've rocked FORCE FIELDS from the first wear with all of my '06 Retro IV's, and creasing has been slowed tremendously! FORCE FIELDS are the *+!*! For AJ II's, III's, and IV's - FORCE FIELDS are vital from day one, from the first wear on...I think my '06 Military IV's are dope - thanks to FORCE FIELDS!!!

Originally Posted by crazyforspizikes

I've rocked FORCE FIELDS from the first wear with all of my '06 Retro IV's, and creasing has been slowed tremendously! FORCE FIELDS are the *+!*! For AJ II's, III's, and IV's - FORCE FIELDS are vital from day one, from the first wear on...I think my '06 Military IV's are dope - thanks to FORCE FIELDS!!!

I agree but this is like the 3rd post I've seen from dude talk about "FORCE FIELDS"
laugh.gif

I agree but this is like the 3rd post I've seen from dude talk about "FORCE FIELDS"
laugh.gif

i like my mars. best colorway of the 4's. i wear them bout once every 4 months so they still lookin new . best part is that retail was only $115 not like nowadays. the cool greys got good leather but horrible paint chipping on the white part

Originally Posted by chinaurge

I'm wearing mine right now. I use them as beaters.

same lol but even then still worried about them falling apart
I bought them DS and came out the box with yellowing on the strap, this pic is after a couple of wears can already see cracking. and yeah these are paper thin 

1zpsjyc.jpg

I have to agree with this man, if you into your Jordans, I recommend investing in these.   They work.

Back
Top Bottom