Is the quality on retro Military IV's REALLY that bad?

Definately The Mars iv's r much nicer than the militarys! I would rock both! Material questionable!-ponyboy

I never got these, because the display models looked like crap. I've never seen a display that looked that terrible. I could understand if it was a old release, but they had just come out. They were wrinkled and looked yellow. I was trying to figure out of they were naturally off white. These ended up sitting forever.

I have two pairs of Militaries, one I keep fresh for when I go out and the other are beaters that I play ball in.

The quality is pretty bad, the toe box creases very easily. I love the Military CW and the OGs are either too hard to find or too much money so I like my militaries, but one thing I will say is the quality indeed is a fail on the part of JB

Good color, HORRIBLE quality....

After a few wears, they creased up badly. Then it kept cutting the back of my leg every time I hooped in them... I didn't even hesitate to throw them away...

i think you'll like 'em. i bought mine at the store new and i've had no problems.

of course they will crease. afterall, they are shoes!

stuff them after each wear and you'll be good.

quality on both mars and militaries were horrible, leather is uncomfortable to wear. most comfortable retro 4 was the tours by far imo

The quality isn't the best on the IVs. I had a pair of Military's and after a couple days, they started creasing and cracking. Still love the colorway.

I personally have not had any problems with cracking on any of my 4's(mars, military,cdp,tour yellow,pures) but the main problem with the 4's of the last few years is the automatic creasing tht comes fresh out of the box before you even wear them. The reason is because if you look at the cool grey 4's, the end of the tongue near where the lacing starts is stitched higher up, right under the first set of lacing. But on the recent retros the stitching starts under the toebox which gives them that lump or bulge that creates instant creasing. Add that to the fact that the leather is pretty thin and you have automatic creasing. I put decreasers in all of my kicks before the first wear and I have noticed that they pretty much stop any creasing from happening. Now if there are already creases, when you wear them with the decreasers it pushes out the creases.

mars and millis quality were super bad i stuffed my pairs so you really cant tell they have creases

the only iv's that i liked from that spirt of iv's were the tour iv's and i love them!

too bad i was so stoked when these came out. ultra geeked for nothing bc of the quality. i wish they would re-retroi these with atleast more quality.

i'm not going to lie. yes, these shoes did crease like crazy after a few wears but shoes crease regardless unless you don't wear them. i used them to hoop for my senior year of high school which was like 3 1/2 years ago and they were fine. yea the leather was paper thin but the paint didn't crack until i started wearing them as "heat" around school after the season was over.

Just jumping on the bandwagon...I agree with the general consensus...GREAT GREAT COLORWAYS...just horrible creasing and paint chipping.  I can take the creases, that is normal for shoes...I cannot stand or willing to accept the dang paint chipping off my shoes. That is unacceptable.

Yes Force Fields are perfect for the 4's got em in my Mars, Militaries, Blk Lasers and Blk/cements...no paint chipping and very, very minimal creases. They all look A-1
pimp.gif

The quality on these are trash and just about every other 4 release in the last few years.
The only ones that are decent quaity are the lasers and the White/Yellow rare air joints.

have never had a problem with mine outside of creasing. first J's I bought when I started in the shoe game a year ago so I'm a little biased

Fellas/Females: If you use force fields in ur kicks I STRONGLY suggest changing to Decreasers!! I wore force fields in the past and they are ok but when I started using decreasers I could see a huge difference. Not just in preventing creases but mainly in the fit because for me force fields always seemed to smash my toes and make the fit extra tight. You almost have to go a half size up on ur kicks to get a good fit. But with decreasers you can hardly tell ur wearing them AND they push existing creases out so that you dont see them during wear. Of course to each its own but just wanted to make a suggestion based on my experience.

all i know is that mine hurt my pinky toe
don't know if that is a quality thing or just a bad pair
but none of my other 4s do that

Back
Top Bottom