Is there ever going to be another white American superstar in the NBA?

Ever since Bird and Stockton retired, i haven't seen a white superstar in the League. I'm not talking about guys like Dirk and Nash since theyaren't from the US. The best white American ball player that is even remotely close to being an above average player is probably Mike Miller. Do you guysthink there will ever be another superstar like Bird? Discuss.

how are there THREE threads about white people on the first page
laugh.gif

and no there will never be another white american star in the nba. after stockton retired, he cursed every ******** in the world. they will now only be able toplay the college game, but suck in the nba because of it.

if you don't believe me, just look at jj reddick

Dirk & Nash...neither has a championship, but both have a MVP award, I think that qualifies them as superstars.

Originally Posted by Hustle365plus

Dirk & Nash...neither has a championship, but both have a MVP award, I think that qualifies them as superstars.

they arent american, dirk is german and nash is canadian.

^ Yea i think they mean perennial scorer type of superstar.

Dirk is foreign so, i don't consider him a possibility.

A Kobe or Lebron type.

But, i don't think for a while.

White Night on NT....I started a movement

White Night
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the closest guys right now are probably David Lee and Chris Kaman. but the climax of their careers is at best some ASG appearances, those guys will never besuperstars on the level of Kobe, Lebron, Wade etc. and Chris Kaman is too ugly to be marketed anyways.

A Kobe or Lebron type.

I honestly don't think there ever will be another white player that can dominate the way Kobe or Lebron do. I hate to play this card, but I can't thinkof any white guys in the NBA who are even close to being as athletic as Kobe and Lebron are. To be a dominate player like that, you can't just rely mostlyon skill or size, you do need a distinct athletic advantage. I would say if there is going to be a dominate white player, it will be a big man.

Originally Posted by Johndaeyun

maybe Kevin Love will be able to be that guy.

Not a chance.

The draft classes coming up don't look hopeful for white superstars.

Beasley
Rose
Gordon

imo Love doesn't have an NBA game at all... he's one of those prototypical "college" players, ie Tyler Hansbrough, Christian Laettner, MikeHart in football, etc. the media loves those guys.

guys like that should just stay in college for 4 years, because that will pretty much be the climax of their lives before they fall into obscurity.

Brad Miller... for a little bit. He WAS Western Conference Player of the Week before cutting his hand.... while washing his dishes. Damn...

Back
Top Bottom