IS THIS ANYONE HERE? vol. What Did You Wear Today

Very cool vid.

He was kinda cute too. At first.
tongue.gif

That is so awesome.

Anyone who's ever checked out SuFu HAS TO respect the style and dedication of its many members. There's a great unity on that board that you sometimesdon't see on other forums. Sidney is a great asset over there and the progression of his jeans through the year was awesome to see. If you're unfamliarw/ dry denim you have to check this vid out.

I hope he puts out the vid at a slower speed too...as some of the fits just zipped on by. I wouldn't mind if it were several minutes long.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

That is so awesome.

Anyone who's ever checked out SuFu HAS TO respect the style and dedication of its many members.

You're on your own there buddy.
laugh.gif

Interesting indeed.

What is more interesting in my opinion, is how that cat rocked uber tight jeans everyday for an entire year.

Man NTers do not read!
A year-long project by Sidney Lo
sponsored by Self Edge and Superfuture[emoji]174[/emoji]

More information and photographs can be found at sidneylophoto.com

---

An excerpt from my exhibition:

"From 1980 to 1981, performing artist Teching Hsieh punched a time clock every hour on the hour, twenty-four hours a day, for an entire year, to observe the passage of time. My series, entitled What Are You Wearing Today?, is an exercise in time and digital replication. I photographed myself everyday for an entire year, from March 10th, 2007 until March 10th, 2008. Like Teching Hsieh's Time Piece, I illustrated the passage of time by shaving my head and letting it grow throughout the duration of my work. This subject of transience can also be observed by my jeans, which I have worn every single day to coincide with my growing hair. Both elements signify change and growth that conformed to my body throughout this year-long piece.

This series examines the digital era and how we interact with others in the 21st Century. Popular examples of this self-documentation can be seen with photographer Noah Kalina's video, Everyday, that garnered over eight million views on YouTube and his six year self-portrait video has even been subject to parody in the animated series, The Simpsons. Now, more than ever, digital imagery has become a readily accessible tool for communicating and sharing ideas.

What Are You Wearing Today? derives from Superfuture, an online resource for global travelers and shoppers. Alongside an appreciation for Japanese-made artisan reproductions of American jeans, W.A.Y.W.T., a clothing thread within Superfuture's message board, spans thousands of pages containing photographs documenting what Superfuture's users are wearing. While creating this work, I actively participated in this daily ritual and even went so far as to meet other users in real life around New York City, Boston, and San Francisco. Since merging online posting with real-life interaction, this work imbues the natural process of evolution in communities such as Superfuture in ways that reflect on the direction of our emerging technologies and grapple with the delicate balance between analog and digital resources in our daily lives."

^ Cosign dude change jeans like three times. Oh didn't peep that.

But he has a nice style for the most part.

Originally Posted by Purple Face

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

That is so awesome.

Anyone who's ever checked out SuFu HAS TO respect the style and dedication of its many members.

You're on your own there buddy.
laugh.gif

I mean...I don't dress that way...but I certainly respect the subculture they have over there and what Kiyahas going on at SelfEdge. They're the NT of Denim as far as the particular depths to which they love and follow denim, and to see the progression of hisjeans through an exact year is certainly impressive. I guess living w/ Mikey (Kixslf)...I just got used to it.
laugh.gif

It is just unrealistic for me to wear the same pair of jeans daily for a year and not wash them, in order to obtain a specific type of fade.

I would rather purchase a pair that is already pre-faded to a look that I like.

I'm not hating or anything if thats what they want to do then thats cool with me.

He got flamed for posting his fits a lil while ago on NT. But he is more active in the SUFU world.
laugh.gif

and i have seen this before
laugh.gif

Yeah I was like umm when dude gone change jeans? But did anyone notice hishair growing? That was kinda cool too.

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

It is just unrealistic for me to wear the same pair of jeans daily for a year and not wash them, in order to obtain a specific type of fade.

I would rather purchase a pair that is already pre-faded to a look that I like.

I'm not hating or anything if thats what they want to do then thats cool with me.

thing with me is that i never washed my jeans anyway

if it was faded or not, none of my jeans ever hit the laundry
sick.gif
laugh.gif

his hair doesn't grow very fast.
i'd look hella ratty if i did that.

but really cool nonetheless. i've always wanted to do something like this. not necessarily with personal pics but something where its the same time everyday. like pic a time during the day and take a picture of where i am sitting or maybe even just one of me standing where ever i may be at that moment every dayfor a year.

i didn't even notice his jeans...after awhile i got tired of his outfits and started watching his hair...then i watched the change in the jackets...anyoneknow what type of north face he had on...

Back
Top Bottom