Is this how the US really views Canada?

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

And your point is?

It's not meant to be taken seriously either way.

My point is that it is understood that when I flip to a Comedy network, I take everything with a grain of salt.

When something appears on Fox News, I don't have that same mindset.

I am not personally offended at all, as it's not like Fox has been such an upstanding pinacle of journalistic integrity. However, saying, "It wasn't meant to be taken seriously" doesn't help to eleviate the anger of the familes of 116 Canadian soldiers, who died fighting a war that they did not start.
D.L. is on CNN, you take everything he says seriously also?

You are arguing for the sake of arguing.
eyes.gif

so let me get this straight...since its a comedy show they can say anything as horrible and disgusting as it may be?? FYI...the bodies of 4 canadian soldiersthat were killed in afghanistan were brought back yesterday

As much as I make fun of Canada I can't really knock their military. They always help the US out with wars when we need their assistance along with theBritish.
grin.gif

^^^^when i turn on the news i expect to see news; factual informative journalism. Now this may be considered comedy but it is on Fox NEWS, not a comedy slot.the Cobert report is on comedy central but that doesnt mean they can say anything they want without criticism, but people do not expect news from a comedyshow.

When things do not meet the expectations we set, that is when we have a right to criticize.

you know, when i have 3 or 4 boys from my childhood serving for Canada... it kinda fires me up to see ignorance like this.

but im gonna stop stealing wi-fi from the border and ride my dogsled back to the igloo... blubber at my place!!

...yeah I watched this show this pass weekend,turned the channel when they referred to Wesley Snipes as "Kung Fu movie guy".

It is a shame because I travel internationally, and people like that is how foreigners view America.

And to compare Mounties to Cops is comedy,I ve never heard of a Mountie killing a guy that was handcuffed.

The comments were insensitive and idiotic, but I'm confident that they don't reflect the majority of Americans' opinions.

Back
Top Bottom