Is this self-defense, or murder??? What do you think? Watch this vid...

I am sure that defense will say that the employees mens rea was not in the right state of mind. When someone is put in a situation like that there are emotionsthat arise in a split second that throws common sense out the window. I am sure the defense will mention that the employee had no idea that the robberdidn't have a weapon therefore he didn't know if the robber was NO longer a threat. I am pretty sure he won't be found guilty of murder.

Originally Posted by Beavers N Ducks

That's murder right there. Shot an unarmed man while he was down
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Basically....if we wouldve just call the cops after dude ran then it would've beenfine...but you gotta dude laid out, already shot down and when you come back to finish the job? murder[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]And stp bringing the kid's age into this...to be stupid enough to rob something, you faceconsequences....if somebody came into my store VIOLENTLY waving a gun, i'm shooting back[/color]

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Man that is why you don't get hair transplants, dude is milking it for all its worth.

All this could have been pretended if those two goons didn't try to rob someone. Their fault, he was gangsta enough to try to rob someone, he should be gangsta enough to die by the bullet. RIH.
Please..The tape clearly shows that he had time to walk outside in pursuit of the other robber, come back in, walk right by the guy on the floor go back behind the counter reload his gun/get another gun then walk over and execute him? that's murder...

You're missing the point. I'm not arguing about whether or not that white guy was right. I'm saying that this could all have been prevented ifthose two idiots didn't try to jack move the place. Once you make that decision to act stupid, you should be ready to suffer the consequences, no matterhow bad they are or wrong.

Originally Posted by cardizzle45

I am sure that defense will say that the employees mens rea was not in the right state of mind. When someone is put in a situation like that there are emotions that arise in a split second that throws common sense out the window. I am sure the defense will mention that the employee had no idea that the robber didn't have a weapon therefore he didn't know if the robber was NO longer a threat. I am pretty sure he won't be found guilty of murder.

You know in New York there was a case where a kid was threatening a young man and his father verbally as well as with racial epithets, the kid then approachedthem and breached their property, again while making threats and the father shot and killed him in what he thoug was self defense. He is now doing life inprison.

In another more publicized similar situation, a guy saw 2 men robbing the home of a neighbor whom he admittedly doesn't know, called 911 and thentauntingly told the 911 operator he was going to go out there and kill them himself despite the 911 operators many attempts to tell him not to. He is now aneighborhood hero and still at the house, scott free.

I left out the races of all the parties involved, but race and social class and political affiliations so affect the way things like this are judged, that youcan easily figure it out.

this is a perfect example of what is wrong with the world today ... you have a punk %%$ little %+%%@+ who goes and robs a place, and because he was"unarmed and unconscious" the guy who kills him gets murder ... ... ... ... !%%$ THAT!

kid is an idiot and although didnt necessarily deserve to die, he must accept all the possible consequences of his actions ... guy should get a pat on the buttand a star ...

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

this is a perfect example of what is wrong with the world today ... you have a punk %%$ little %+%%@+ who goes and robs a place, and because he was "unarmed and unconscious" the guy who kills him gets murder ... ... ... ... !%%$ THAT!

kid is an idiot and although didnt necessarily deserve to die, he must accept all the possible consequences of his actions ... guy should get a pat on the butt and a star ...
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]you're missing the point....dude shot and dropped the 1st kid....came back minuteslater, walked by him, went to his draw to get a gun, came back then shot the dude multiple times...black or white the situation ended dude took it to anotherlevel[/color]

9e715ae3e8f048630afe4f24c8423cb2b43b890.jpg

Its murder but he shouldnt get life. like said before this would have never happened if they didnt try to rob the place and if Im correct the guy who got a wayshould get life too because someone was murdered during a crime he committed by law he gets life too right?

From the video, my initial interpretation is that I would definitely say murder..
If he shoots the downed dude right after coming back in.. it'd be dicey.. but he walked in so slowly, took his time, went back to his drawer for anotherpistol and finished off the kill.. At the point of firing off more shots with the 2nd pistol, my feeling is that the dude wasn't in any further danger andit's no longer a clearly defensive act.. There's no difference to me (from the looks of this video) from 5 shots here and taking a machete and choppingthe kid's head off..

1) 1st shot = shooting you so you can't rob me
2) Other 5 shots = shooting you so you can't rob me or anyone ever again.. at which point, I think you're deciding to take a life and it's murder

robber was unarmed, but who's to say he wouldn't go to the car to get a weapon or find some sort of tool of weapon.
but dang..

That's murder all right good god I don't wanna see that !$+# ever again

They use liquid soap in jail now so he's fuked

I'ma go ahead and say it and risk getting flamed, but its Oklahoma, shotting a black kid in a attempted robbery, trust me...dude is NOT goin to jail.

However, with that said it SHOULD be murder. If he had left him on the ground after the first shot, I would be in complete agreement with self defense, but theextra 3-4 shots is what takes it to the next level.

For example, someone attacks you in a parking garage, ya'll fight, you throw him on the ground, he's knocked out cold. Your proceed to pick him up,then throw him off the edge of the parking garage. When you throw him off the garage is what takes it away from being self-defense

hey but what do i know
eyes.gif

[Ja Rule] It's MURDAAAAAA [Ja Rule]

The first, maybe even the 2nd was justified for deterring the assailant. After that, u just overdoin it.

Back
Top Bottom