Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

All of this will be removed from the history books.

By 2050-60, Israel will have the Holy Land, claim to have fulfilled prophecy, and no one will question them about it.

I feel bad for the kids. If I was a Palestinian boy growing up watching this, I would be waiting and training for the day of revenge. 10,000 dead.

Israel is evil and every Jewish person not fighting to make them cease fire is just as guilty, by association. The same way I get looked at and treated differently based on what other African Americans have done, or are doing.

Ya, I mean it has been just shy of 80 years ongoing now, but Palestinians will probably end up like the Natives/Indigenous in North America if they get no statehood.

Also, that has been Palestinian boys who grow up into men joining violent resistance watching their lands continued to be stolen, enduring prolonged suffering for generations, systematic violence, occupied, and and ethnically cleansed.

I have a relative I never knew existed, like my dad's distant cousin's kid get killed yesterday in the West Bank. He was only 20. The kid has the same last name as me.

I do not even know these people, but just reminded me how there are remnants of my family tree that are still being ethnically cleansed to this day, while these young men are just fighting to protect their land and families.

Since this rhetoric is being thrown around by Israel who are trying to frame this war like some "War on Terror" as the Americans did post-9/11 to wage wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and that Hamas is ISIS, thought I would share this article:

The first and most important difference is that Hamas is a Palestinian nationalist Islamist movement. That fused, dual identity differentiates it from ISIS, which is a transnational pan-Islamist movement that wants to gather a universal umma, or community of Muslim believers, into an “Islamic state” untethered from any nationalist project. Hamas, on the other hand, has more localized demands: it identifies “liberation of all of Palestine” from what it terms “the Zionist enemy” as its core goal in its 2017 Charter. There is also the inconvenient fact that ISIS “literally views Hamas as apostates” because of its support from Shia Iran, as the Washington Institute for Near East Policy’s Aaron Zelin recently posted on X.

A second key difference is their relative religious extremism. Hamas is religiously conservative, but it does not ruthlessly harass or kill non-Muslims in Gaza simply because of their faith or religious comportment. It tolerates women who don’t wear the hijab, people who sport tattoos, and teenagers who listen to American music. Christians and churches also coexist with Muslims in the Hamas-run enclave. None of this would have been possible under ISIS, a far more religiously extremist organization that tortured and mutilated people to compel their adherence to an ultra-radical version of Islam.

Also, for those who think Israel can obliterate Hamas, as it says in the article, "Hamas justifies horrific acts of terror as resistance to Israel’s occupation and has traditionally exploited the traumas caused by Israeli violence to grow its ranks. To recruit new members, it attends funerals and contacts bereaved relatives of family members killed in Israeli airstrikes." You cannot kill an ideology and drive to fight to the death to free your people and land, and men who are willing to do so.

To read the rest of the article: https://time.com/6329776/hamas-isis-gaza/

1699377374428.png

It is interesting where people's allegiances lie.

I am biased so of course I am pro-Palestinian that advocates for the Palestinian liberation movement, but I tend to be ACROSS the board in allying with oppressed peoples.

I also was BLM of course, but also for the Ukrainians and denounced the Russian government, and even standing up for the women in Iran when they were revolting against the Iranian regime for example. Even during the Arab Spring, I was always on the side of the oppressed local people against the toppling of their authorarian dictatorships and regimes whether in Egypt, Tunisia, etc. My only issue was hoping when it came to the West/Americans meddling or interfering in some of these resistance or liberation movements.

But, I am really not getting some of the Ukrainian advocates siding with Israel's oppression and systematic violence through the occupation on Palestinians. It must all come down to interests and racism, so that means you are not advocating for all oppressed people, but only when they look like you or lie within your interests, because you are then willing to also let others be oppressed and justify their genocide.

It is interesting where people's allegiances lie.

I am biased so of course I am pro-Palestinian that advocates for the Palestinian liberation movement, but I tend to be ACROSS the board in allying with oppressed peoples.

I also was BLM of course, but also for the Ukrainians and denounced the Russian government, and even standing up for the women in Iran when they were revolting against the Iranian regime for example. Even during the Arab Spring, I was always on the side of the oppressed local people against the toppling of their authorarian dictatorships and regimes whether in Egypt, Tunisia, etc. My only issue was hoping when it came to the West/Americans meddling or interfering in some of these resistance or liberation movements.

But, I am really not getting some of the Ukrainian advocates siding with Israel's oppression and systematic violence through the occupation on Palestinians. It must all come down to interests and racism, so that means you are not advocating for all oppressed people, but only when they look like you or lie within your interests, because you are then willing to also let others be oppressed and justify their genocide.

the unequivocal support for ukraine’s liberation compared to the rhetoric used to suppress palestine’s just demonstrates that the more european you look, the more sympathy and compassion you are afforded from the west.

this is an oversimplification of things but i can’t help but see it playing out like this.

"For America?"

But if accusations of double standards stick, the United States will suffer more than in the past because it is facing increasing challenges from an economically powerful China and a revanchist Russia. This is the challenge Biden was referring to when he said this month that the U.S. is facing an “inflection point” in international relations.

What’s more, swing states – which back neither the United States nor China – have more power than they did during the old Cold War between the West and the Soviet Union. Members of what was called the non-aligned movement had little clout in that era. But countries such as India, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and Brazil are increasingly economically important. As a result, there is now a multipolar world.

the unequivocal support for ukraine’s liberation compared to the rhetoric used to suppress palestine’s just demonstrates that the more european you look, the more sympathy and compassion you are afforded from the west.
The Ukrainian conflict is a lot less morally ambiguous than this conflict.

I mean, the only way you can relentlessly argue for one side is by ignoring the exactions perpetrated by your own side. It reminds me a lot of less known/talked about conflicts on the African continent where long-term peace has only been achieved after all warring parties accepted to forgive and forget.

Damn i aint know bout them israelis civilians packing full auto weapons killing palestinians in the west bank smh

The Ukrainian conflict is a lot less morally ambiguous than this conflict.

I mean, the only way you can relentlessly argue for one side is by ignoring the exactions perpetrated by your own side. It reminds me a lot of less known/talked about conflicts on the African continent where long-term peace has only been achieved after all warring parties accepted to forgive and forget.

i hear you on this. and at the same time zionism has obfuscated the decades long occupation and genocide of palestinians as war and conflict against “terrorist groups” —who are seeking liberation.

admittedly, i know close to nothing about the conflicts in Africa so I’ll have to do my research.

Hamas, in their own words.

“Hamas’s goal is not to run Gaza and to bring it water and electricity and such,” said Mr. al-Hayya, the politburo member. “Hamas, the Qassam and the resistance woke the world up from its deep sleep and showed that this issue must remain on the table.”

“This battle was not because we wanted fuel or laborers,” he added. “It did not seek to improve the situation in Gaza. This battle is to completely overthrow the situation.”

While building the capabilities for the assault took years, the decision to launch it on Oct. 7 was a secret closely guarded by a small number of Hamas leaders in Gaza who did not even inform those taking part until the last minute to prevent interception by regional intelligence services, according to Hamas and regional officials. A key objective was to take as many Israeli soldiers captive as possible for use in a prisoner swap, according to two Arab officials whose governments talk to Hamas. One regional security official said Hamas had expected that, once the attack began, Palestinians elsewhere would rise up against Israel, other Arab populations would explode against their governments and the group’s regional allies, including Hezbollah, would join the fight.

Looks like a Hail Mary to me.

The article is worth reading IMO. It does confirms the lack of internal consensus on the direction of the organization as a political entity, and that lack of unity usually is a bad omen for a resistance movement.

Back
Top Bottom