Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

Al Houthi sounds like a demagogue.

The truth is that if this was happening 30 years ago, in a world without fracking or large-scale renewables, he would be singing to a very different tune.

Gotta love how his opportunistic self is throwing shots at Hezbollah and Iran. Shows how peaceful he really is ...

I asked him whether the Houthis would be willing to share power with other Yemeni political groups and was amazed again by the brashness of his answer. Abdulmalik al-Houthi will remain the supreme political authority in Yemen under any future government, he said, because his power comes directly from the people and is therefore beyond question. He then volunteered a comparison with Hassan Nasrallah, the leader of Hezbollah and another close ally of the Iranian regime. But al-Ejri added that al-Houthi will be “stronger and bigger” than his Lebanese counterpart, because the Houthis are and will be “the main player, the main stakeholder” in Yemen. In other words, al-Houthi will be a kind of counterpart to the supreme leader in Iran, who has the final word on all affairs of state.

The Houthis weren’t always this open about their political agenda. I first came across them in 2008, when I made frequent trips to Yemen as a Beirut-based correspondent for The New York Times. I was standing outside a Sanaa courthouse one morning when an armored vehicle charged up and screeched to a halt. It had barred windows, and as the guards got out, I could hear the prisoners inside chanting in unison: “God is Great! Death to America! Death to Israel! A curse on the Jews! Victory to Islam!” The Yemeni reporters alongside me were as baffled as I was. We knew that the Houthis were an insurgent group in the country’s northern mountains who had been fighting an on-and-off war with the Yemeni state for years. We knew that they placed enormous, almost comical importance on their freedom to recite the words we had just heard, known to them as the sarkha, or “shout” (it had been banned by the government). But no one seemed to know what they wanted, why they were fighting, or how many they were. Al-Houthi, their leader, said in interviews at the time that they were simply defending themselves and wanted only to be left alone.

Even 10 years later, when they had conquered Yemen’s capital and were ruling most of its population, a penumbra of mystery surrounded them. I used to discuss the movement with Hassan Zaid, who knew its founders and was a well-respected scholar of Zaydi Islam, the sect to which the Houthis belong (like most people in the far north). During my last visit to Sanaa, in late 2018, I asked Zaid if the Houthis had a political vision. He replied promptly that they had none. He was serving as the group’s youth minister at the time, so I was a little taken aback. “The problem with the Houthis is that they are a reaction to other people’s behavior,” he said.

Zaid had doctrinal differences with the Houthis, whose ideology strays far from Zaydi orthodoxy. When he was gunned down by mysterious assailants in 2020, I was saddened—I had always liked him—but not surprised. Several other eminent Zaydi figures who had criticized the Houthis were murdered under similar circumstances. The Houthis, naturally, blamed the Saudis.

Last edited:

Team uncommitted:

1709783705185.gif

Team uncommitted:

1709783705185.gif

He is saying he’ll do what Biden is DOING NOW. Nothing will change

At the least the dems may listen to their constituents next in 2028 if they face defeat. Tosay it’s Gaza. Tomorrow it will be miniorities in USA. People have put dems on pedestal of love and peace party. They ain’t.

Lose the battle. Win the war. Or create a new party. **** them all

Last edited:
Trump only serves himself. Mf also took money from the Saudis for his golf club to host the LIV golf tournament. I remember people in NYC were protesting because relatives died on 9/11

He is saying he’ll do what Biden is DOING NOW.
What Biden is doing NOW, is trying to get Hamas and Israel to agree to a ceasefire.

Same people?

vs

1709848072142.png

None of this is meant to say that Biden handled this crisis in the best possible way; but we're not gonna act like Biden has handled crises with the same level of callousness as Trump.

People have put dems on pedestal of love and peace party. They ain’t.
Only the casually informed believe this bull****.

Dem voters are cursing Joe Manchin every day even though they have welcome his ability to hold a seat for the party.
I can tell you've never lived in a country led by someone who talks like Trump and who doesn't have the legislative and judicial bodies against him.

The battle is the war.

Basically t
I took a screenshot of this video because it spoke so loudly to me. you can clearly tell the generational gap is huge.

This is willful blindness

IMG_2793.jpeg
basically The new democratic party

The dems are now the republicans or 1980s
republicans arw the kkk of 1960

Need new parties

It’s wild how effective this lie has been. The rape propaganda to give make genocide of Palestinians more palatable to western audiences. It embodies the expression that a lie travels around the world while the truth is still getting on its boots.

He is saying he’ll do what Biden is DOING NOW. Nothing will change

At the least the dems may listen to their constituents next in 2028 if they face defeat. Tosay it’s Gaza. Tomorrow it will be miniorities in USA. People have put dems on pedestal of love and peace party. They ain’t.

Trump's last National Security Adviser was John Bolton.
Despite John Bolton openly calling for invading Iran, "disproportionately bombing Iran", military regime change in about half of the half middle east, ... Trump hired him as his National Security Adviser. In other words, one of the president's closest advisers in general, but particularly on matters of national security and foreign policy.
At one point Trump considered putting Bolton in charge at the Defense Dept but quickly realized that even his most loyal followers wouldn't approve **** Cheney on steroids.
Trump ended up having a falling out with John Bolton, but the reason wasn't his constant pressure to bomb Iran etc. It was that he didn't lick Trump's boots enough.

This was the guy advising Trump on national security and middle east policy. He has consistently surrounded himself with a wild combination of bloodthirsty Neocons, extremely incompetent idiots, or just straight up criminal conspirators.
He did more for Israel than any of the past few presidents and successfully sidelined the Palestinians by rallying Arab countries to sign the Abraham Accords, which normalized relations with Israel and only vaguely mentions the Palestinians in a way that treats them like a largely irrelevant issue. Biden did later aggravate the isolation by seeking to expand the accords.
6f6a703fdd835be20b8b51f4c9a41325.png

f89ae6382ac1edd95946a17677642cf8.png

Last edited:

The amount of knowledge Max has here on the subject is incredible

Great listen.

Back
Top Bottom