IT Jobs

Anybody have experience with Sec+ 501? I’m currently in the military and have started studying for it.
they say it's straight out of the book. I am grandfathered in so I don't have to take that **** ever again, but at my last location they would hire people without it and they had 90 days to get it. Most did

Whatever study materials you get, make sure it's the most current because i believe they just changed the test again like August or so because my friend was studying for it and her voucher was only good up until they changed it

they say it's straight out of the book. I am grandfathered in so I don't have to take that **** ever again, but at my last location they would hire people without it and they had 90 days to get it. Most did

Whatever study materials you get, make sure it's the most current because i believe they just changed the test again like August or so because my friend was studying for it and her voucher was only good up until they changed it
I got the 501 book from Darril Gibson as well the DoD measure up tests in addition to brain dumps and cut sheets from other people that have taken it. My new unit requires us to have Sec+ so they'll send me to a 2 week course once I get there but I'm trying to study ahead.

Yea you should be good, plus a 2 week bootcamp. We had a 1 week for the last 3hrs of the day then had to take it Friday and I pretty much aced it, granted 10 years ago but those bootcamps are straight esp. the ones that cater to the Military and GS employees in support of.

I'm thinking about dropping 4k on this CCNA boot camp, but since it would be enough of a career shift, I actually do need to learn it really well AND pass the test and not just pass the test because a new regulation says so even though we were already capable of doing our job just fine without it

That's the goal. As soon as I get Sec+, I'm going to tackle ICND I and ICND II. This new unit is all about giving out vouchers as long as we take the measure up and skillport modules. I get these certs, I'll probably get out the Army.

Find you a cushy GS13 gig somewhere in a basement where nobody even knows what you do or get out into the contracting world, or private sector. You'll have tons of options. Might as well throw your resume on clearancejobs now. Good luck though, I'm sure you'll pass it and take you where ever you want to go

Ended up leaving the old gig after finding a new gig with a 33% pay increase. Role similar to my old one minus dealing with password resets, but once my boss returns from vacay I'll be asking for more stuff to do outside of the status quo stuff here.

Back
Top Bottom