IT Jobs

Yeah i went through the process already and actually have my TS clearance already as it was mandatory to be able to work my current job with the Air Force right now. I mainly wanna know how big of a deal it is to have it when finding jobs once i'm done in the military. Do employers look for people with TS clearance, do you have a higher chance of getting a job compared to the next guy that doesn't have one, etc. I know if i get a government contract and get a GS job a lot of them look for a TS clearance.

Yeah you'll be good, a lot of gov't jobs you can get with the clearance already. I see of ton of gigs looking for folks eligible for the TS, so if you already have it you'll be good.

I'm filling out my application for security clearance right now.

Do they really talk to the people I list? I have nothing to hide, but yeah. :lol:

Yeah they do, I spoke to one for my boy. We met at the mall food court, and he basically asked me questions about how long I knew him and from where, his personality, was he a criminal, did drugs, if so how often, did he have friends and family that lived out of the country, do anything that makes him seem like an enemy of the United States, stuff like that. So yeah, be honest on your app because they will ask the people you list about all that ****.

Who got that RTP connect ? Got a job as help desk. **** is ok, I don't really mind it, but they got me in this 3am-12pm shift. Tryna find something 8-5.

didnt read much of thread, but i graduated with a minor in MIS. would have been my major, but i was that lazy college kid who did way more partying and chillin on campus than actually going to class and trying to pass classes. so i got kicked out the business school and was stuck getting a wack degree cause i just needed to graduate.

anyways, i have little experience and zero certs.

i was able to get a job with a fortune 500 company with no experience, but man....i screwed myself. this job is on the verge of getting outsourced to india and i cant find another IT job to save my life. its like people completely look past my recent experience and see all the BS customer service work i've had while i was in college. i guess i need to really suck it up and get the certs so people will take notice.

Anybody have any decent study guides for the Network+ n10-005? Got some books I found online and watching the Prof Messor vids but I feel like I'm over studying.

So i'm given 8 days to study for Security +. Started classes yesterday and test in less than two weeks. :x

So i'm given 8 days to study for Security +. Started classes yesterday and test in less than two weeks. :x[/quote

]Yikes, I don't think I could do it. I would need at least a month. There's a lot of material to cover with these exams. Most of it is pretty mundane but I figure it'd be useful. I wish I could find some type of paid internships doing network admin or something but Pittsburgh is desolate when it comes to decent jobs and opportunities

Anybody have any decent study guides for the Network+ n10-005? Got some books I found online and watching the Prof Messor vids but I feel like I'm over studying.
http://www.examcollection.com/N10-005.html

Not going to get more concise than VCE's. They are composed of exact test questions. Read the comments on which ones are most congruent to the test and what new questions weren't on there, how recent it is, etc. We all used these when the DOD all of a sudden decided we had 30 days to get 2 Windows 7 certs or be fired.

Last edited:
http://www.examcollection.com/N10-005.html

Not going to get more concise than VCE's. They are composed of exact test questions. Read the comments on which ones are most congruent to the test and what new questions weren't on there, how recent it is, etc. We all used these when the DOD all of a sudden decided we had 30 days to get 2 Windows 7 certs or be fired.

Good looking out. The A+ and Security+ exams have a boatload of info on the web but the Network+ doesn't for some reason.

Just started my first IT gig as a Desktop Support Rep last Monday and I must say I love what I do and it definitely makes the day go by quickly. Pretty decent pay considering I have no professional experience and no certifications. I'm considering Networking as my next step up.

How did you get that with no certs or experience?

Since no one answered it before, would you recommend taking classes? At NYU, I would need to take the Intro to C++ before taking the classes for the certificate.

here's the thing i gotta do

1 Purpose
Your task is to write a C++ program which computes the product of the series of integers within
a bounded interval, having upper and lower limits input by the user at the console (the keyboard,
typically). You will write pseudocode for this program just like for the lab.

2 Procedure
1. Your program should prompt the user for two integers, for example m and n, then compute
and display the corresponding series product (the value of m(m + 1)(m + 2) : : : (n1)n).

(a) NOTE: your program should correctly identify the relative order of the two integers
which are input (that is, the user might enter 4 7 or 7 4 and your program should
produce the same result, in this case 840). Also, if the same integer is entered as both
the upper and lower limit, the product of integers in the interval is assumed to be just
that integer (if 7 7 is entered, the product should be 7).

(b) You may assume that the user is skilled at data entry (only numeric values, no decimal
points or commas or other strange punctuation). In other words, do not worry about
the input being \invalid."

here's what i have so far and only got the last part working correctly:

#include
using std::cout;
using std::endl;
using std::cin;

int main()
{
cout > integer1 ;
cin >> integer2 ;

if (integer1

What does that even mean? How can sand people just give you one? It's not a piece of paper. it has to be imput into JPas so that when you are signing up for your CAC IC card and for your email account and applying for jobs, it can be bought up and reviewed/verified by anybody with access to the system

What does that even mean? How can sand people just give you one? It's not a piece of paper. it has to be imput into JPas so that when you are signing up for your CAC IC card and for your email account and applying for jobs, it can be bought up and reviewed/verified by anybody with access to the system

wrong , theres people that have CCNA in 3 minutes and cost 120.00 and CCIE for less so how they do that ? lulz 
:smokin

Well that's whatI am asking you. How does a random "sand person" at the airport get your information into JPas and the same with the certs getting them in the databases they need to be? It's not like it's just a piece of paper and you say you have it and they say OK. They can and obviously do look this stuff up. Tracking clearances and working in JPas is a civilian job in itself, S2 Security Manager, it's like a GS9. And with our certs, for the Comptia ones we have to log into Comptia and pull it up and there's a button that says something like "release into DMDC/ACTS" which DMDC/ACTS is the Government's Certification Tracking System, takes the upload directly from Comptia or Windows Certification Site or whereever after you get it with all your login, score info, tester id, and certificate number. I just want to know how these sand people are bypassing all of this

Last edited:
You gotta realize this guy is a trolling moron. All he ever says is "go to airport pay sand people", it makes no sense. No one with sense would keep saying a statement like that.
dont worry brah jus go to airport and pay sand ppl, the money will come

How did you get that with no certs or experience?

Since no one answered it before, would you recommend taking classes? At NYU, I would need to take the Intro to C++ before taking the classes for the certificate.

I had the experience they needed for the gig, but it was more so personal than professional. They were looking for someone with a good personality moreso than someone who was simply technical. I've learned a couple things in the past few weeks while here and other things I've just known from the past.

Net+ or Sec+ next? Or any other ones? My boy suggesting I get the Windows 7 cert since mad gov't agencies are switching to it (well at least where he works in DC)

edit:
Are there any Active Directory tutorials online? Trying to get comfortable with that.

Last edited:
I want more than that. I'm not a novice when it comes to computers, I know a lil bit, this A+ material is great for reference info but don't think it's worth $300+. I really want the Network+ or Security + along w/ some MS certs, still gotta research which ones fit what I wanna do tho

if you'll be doing desk-side support, in many cases, you'll need your A+ (I had work pay for mine). Vendors won't even allow us to order parts (from Dell, IBM / Lenovo / HP, etc) unless you''ve got your A+ cert.

but if you're doing networking or network security, then obviously, A+ won't be much use to you.

BUT for example, to get your Network+, CompTIA "recommends" you get your A+ (or have equivalent experience / knowledge).

Last edited:
I want more than that. I'm not a novice when it comes to computers, I know a lil bit, this A+ material is great for reference info but don't think it's worth $300+. I really want the Network+ or Security + along w/ some MS certs, still gotta research which ones fit what I wanna do tho

if you'll be doing desk-side support, in many cases, you'll need your A+ (I had work pay for mine). Vendors won't even allow us to order parts (from Dell, IBM / Lenovo / HP, etc) unless you''ve got your A+ cert.

but if you're doing networking or network security, then obviously, A+ won't be much use to you.

BUT for example, to get your Network+, CompTIA "recommends" you get your A+ (or have equivalent experience / knowledge).

I agree with you semf. Definitely get your A+ as more and more companies are even requiring it just to get in the door if you lack experience. Also, can't go wrong w/ a Win 7 cert as more and more companies are migrating to Win 7. Blessings on the journey in IT.

So much information to go over for this Network+ exam. Tryin to take it the week of Thanksgiving and I'm only on Part 2 of Professor Messer's videos (2.2) to be exact. I'm gon need the force:lol:

Back
Top Bottom