It just hit me...Kanye is a genius.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ummmmm.......No.

If Ye' is a 'Genius' is certainly isn't due to this album
Originally Posted by shoepacalypse

He took what andre 3000 was trying to do with The Love Below, and went to a whole nother level with it. The creativity with the samples alone is genius.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

b35351684873767f8f5c5b48a4e425c466e88fd.pjpg

hes the most creative person in mainstream hip hop and has more creative control probably than anyone in hip hop but that doesnt mean he's a genius.

plus i consider College Dropout/Late Registration to be his masterpiece work. He probably won't ever make an album as cohesive as those. 808s was anexperiment that didn't succeed to the maximum because he could've put so much more into a project like that. he probably knows that too.

to bad he didnt even write the +#+!

how you gonna have an album about personal struggle and heart ache and not even write your own raps

smh

Also what does time era have to do with talent and skillset.
Not necessarily era but if you look at Kanye relative to his contemporaries of course he looks like a genius cause everyone else is ******ed.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

He took what andre 3000 was trying to do with The Love Below, and went to a whole nother level with it. The creativity with the samples alone is genius.

I cant believe you just said 808's is better than the Love Below

Kanye is a very good producer who made "friends" in the industry, Kanye doesnt even write his own verses

he is barely average live, not hating on what he has been able to do but Kanye is no where near an all time great, but if you have a sneaker and fruity fashion, most of this board will love you

hater beyond belief
indifferent.gif
not even gonna get started on how many falsestatements you made...

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

Not necessarily era but if you compare Kanye to his contemporaries of course he looks like a genius cause everyone else is ******ed.

I wouldn't matter when Kanye came out

Cats still wasn't doing what he does in the 90's either...

808's was soft... FOR SOFT DUDES... real talk...

not a diss or anything, but its for the simps & "insert word for soft here".. etcetc

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

Not necessarily era but if you look at Kanye relative to his contemporaries of course he looks like a genius cause everyone else is ******ed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^hit the nail on the head

if kanye is such a "musical genius", why was he only making beats and not rappin back in the days when hip hop wasnt watered down??? if im notmistaken he was makin beats as far back as the hard knock life vol. 2 cd, but never spit a rap until through the wire.......if he is so great, why was he notreleasing his own material back then???........

dame dash and jigga both knew his corny, tye-dye dunk wearing, middle class appealing a** wouldnt have cut it back in those days, and forced him to keep makingtheir beats......now he sees how wack the rap game is, releases a few tracks that are HEAVILY promoted by mtv, and kids are calling him agenius...............smh

Originally Posted by highlife32

if kanye is such a "musical genius", why was he only making beats and not rappin back in the days when hip hop wasnt watered down??? if im not mistaken he was makin beats as far back as the hard knock life vol. 2 cd, but never spit a rap until through the wire.......if he is so great, why was he not releasing his own material back then???........

dame dash and jigga both knew his corny, tye-dye dunk wearing, middle class appealing a** wouldnt have cut it back in those days, and forced him to keep making their beats......now he sees how wack the rap game is, releases a few tracks that are HEAVILY promoted by mtv, and kids are calling him a genius...............smh
indifferent.gif
you have no idea what you're talking about...you just pulled *%@% out of your #*+ about Kanye and his history with the Roc

Most(not all so no need to quote and tell me how you like everything) people that find Kanye West the greatest anythingor a musical genious don't listen to much outside of hip-hop.

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

Better late than never,Kanye is a complete artist
kanye is as much of a "complete artist" as both of these clowns.............

28a157ef33bee06d518ad28ead9847e8ad59a00.jpg

smh @ what these kids nowadays call a "complete artist"

College Dropout and Late Registration were genius. Graduation was whatever. 808's I refuse to check out.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

if kanye is such a "musical genius", why was he only making beats and not rappin back in the days when hip hop wasnt watered down??? if im not mistaken he was makin beats as far back as the hard knock life vol. 2 cd, but never spit a rap until through the wire.......if he is so great, why was he not releasing his own material back then???........

dame dash and jigga both knew his corny, tye-dye dunk wearing, middle class appealing a** wouldnt have cut it back in those days, and forced him to keep making their beats......now he sees how wack the rap game is, releases a few tracks that are HEAVILY promoted by mtv, and kids are calling him a genius...............smh
indifferent.gif
you have no idea what you're talking about... you just pulled *%@% out of your #*+ about Kanye and his history with the Roc

my bad, obviously i dont ride kanyes nuts like u, but im not that far off........if not vol. 2, then it was the dynasty when kanye started becoming a big nameproducer(and then dame dash STILL wouldnt let him rap)............and u are missing my point.........if he is such a "genius" like yall think, whywas he not making his own beats, writing, or spittin his own raps back in the good days of rap????

i'll tell u why...............HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN LAUGHED AT(like most grown people do at him nowadays).............that just proves my point once again,anybody can blow up nowadays, back in the days of real, street hip hop, he wouldnt have even had 1 big hit

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Kanye doesnt even write his own verses

Meaning? If dude was on some Slaughterhouse/Wu type steez where lyricism was all of his appeal it would be a big deal but dude makes music. He gets a pass.

Kanye doesn't make or create music. He pushes buttons that spit out sounds and then throws them together. He sure as hell isn't an "artist"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
at this thread and the fool above. Kanye aint no genius though.

You want some knee pads while you're down there homeboiiiiiiiii

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I cant believe you just said 808's is better than the Love Below

Kanye is a very good producer who made "friends" in the industry, Kanye doesnt even write his own verses

he is barely average live, not hating on what he has been able to do but Kanye is no where near an all time great, but if you have a sneaker and fruity fashion, most of this board will love you

hater beyond belief
indifferent.gif
not even gonna get started on how many false statements you made...
dude said he is average live...that damn GITD tour was amazing..no pun intended...

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

indifferent.gif
you have no idea what you're talking about... you just pulled *%@% out of your #*+ about Kanye and his history with the Roc

my bad, obviously i dont ride kanyes nuts like u, but im not that far off........if not vol. 2, then it was the dynasty when kanye started becoming a big name producer(and then dame dash STILL wouldnt let him rap)............and u are missing my point.........if he is such a "genius" like yall think, why was he not making his own beats, writing, or spittin his own raps back in the good days of rap????

i'll tell u why...............HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN LAUGHED AT(like most grown people do at him nowadays).............that just proves my point once again, anybody can blow up nowadays, back in the days of real, street hip hop, he wouldnt have even had 1 big hit

Well why dont u so call blow up(im sure his life career,gotta be in a better position then where u r now.) If not that atleast we all can agree his bankaccount is. There is a thing call order etc. He wasnt even heavy into trying to get a rap careerat the time By ur logic Beanie Seigel is wack cause he was inthe wings for awhile before he released an album. Killer Mike was down with DF for years before he got his shine. Its call paying dues. You just cant come inthe game 1 day and be like ok im talented 4get all the other artist on the label and put me 1st. Are you serious. The reason he wouldnt have had a hit causethe game was so 1 diminsional, and there wasnt as many avenues and outlets to get ur music exposed and heard. He isnt a musical genius,but to say he is justsome gay fruity dressin dude who pressed some magic button and created hit after hit after hit is at the very most a very ignorant and asinine statement.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Kanye doesnt even write his own verses

Meaning? If dude was on some Slaughterhouse/Wu type steez where lyricism was all of his appeal it would be a big deal but dude makes music. He gets a pass.

Kanye doesn't make or create music. He pushes buttons that spit out sounds and then throws them together. He sure as hell isn't an "artist"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
at this thread and the fool above. Kanye aint no genius though.

You want some knee pads while you're down there homeboiiiiiiiii

Naw you're just an idiot. People who've seen me post before know I'd barely register as a Kanye fan, much less a stan. You just madea laughable comment indicating how little you know of what you speak. Keep it movin.

Kanye is a great producer...and that's about it. Nothing genius about using auto-tune and crying about your broken heart for a whole album.

Back
Top Bottom