ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

tried using turbo tax, but they want me to pay $50 since i sold stock...figure i should be able to just do it myself once the forms come up.

Tip for college kids u don't have to pay taxes out our paycheck I never paid while in college federal. Look on tax for it says if u didn't pay last year and don't expect to pay this year u can claim exemption . Actually a lot of people can because we poor people get everything we paid plus more back so the IRS says why bother paying . Now u still will get some money back too as well if u have kids etc

English please,

I am a college student but cant read what the hell you just wrote.

Basically if you pay more in tuiton than you make at your job you don't have to pay federal taxes. You can claim exempt throughout the year and nothing will come out of your check OR you can get it all back (if you paid) during the tax return season.

If this is wrong feel free to correct me, im not expert on the subject.

If I didn't work this year but took out 40k in grad school for tuition and living expenses can I get anything back? :nerd:

thanks

I usually bank half mine and plan a vacay. Thinking of doing Amsterdam for my bornday this year..

I'm in the midst of taking a job that pays considerably less then the one I have now, but is much better for my long term career. Ide go into details, but that's probably better for the get it off your chest thread.
My return is going to keep my head above water even though I'm getting much less than what I got last year.

i know you guys know this, but it bears repeating: getting several thousand back is not necessarily a good thing. that's YOUR OWN MONEY that could've been sitting in an interest-earning account all year instead....

ducktales
From my understanding IRS didn't start accepting returns until today. Must be one of those rip off, I mean refund anticipation joints. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom