IT'S OFFICIAL - Nike Foamposite Max/Duncans Retro All Blacks Release Black Friday $225

Status
Not open for further replies.
These shoes moving like this at $225, just gives Nike the incentive to increase prices higher.
tired.gif

It baffles me at times that these kids are spoiled to the point that they get these ridiculous priced releases regularly.

I roll up to my local mall at 6am and its 20 heads outside the mall. Of course the line got longer. Once inside I managed to get the last 8.5 and my boy the last 13. So many ppl and moms were out there it was crazy. Of course all 3 stores in my mall sold out. Even saw females that wear a 7 going to a sz 8 because Footlocker didn't carry the small sz they thought they did. One female said too big but another who had the electric blues on still got em. All I could do was smh like its not that serious. Then again she was in hs and I probably would've did the same thing lol..Now that I'm older I wouldn't even do it just save my bread. I don't agree with the price but what can you do. If 10 of us say no we won't pay, there is 10 more ppl that will so either pay for em or don't. I paid and the extra 30 bucks wouldve just went to food, a shirt, or some other misc item lol. Congrats to all that copped.

I believe the all blacks will sell out only because whoever missed out on these will cop the blacks.

Originally Posted by Lil Buttas

I roll up to my local mall at 6am and its 20 heads outside the mall. Of course the line got longer. Once inside I managed to get the last 8.5 and my boy the last 13. So many ppl and moms were out there it was crazy.   
This is what I never understand. No wonder the younger generation is so lazy. You got your mom camping out, to buy you shoes?????
30t6p3b.gif

blacks wont sell as well. seems like they will be more of a GR. nike is good at bringing out the 1st color in more limited numbers to help build the hype for other ones.
every store i talked to that did not get the silvers all said, but we getting the blacks tho.

i dont y some people r saying the black ones wont sell like the silver ones

its to the point that any foamposite that comes will sell out the day they drop unless nike drops some ******ed color

plus they on black friday...thats a day where many people shop

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by Lil Buttas

I roll up to my local mall at 6am and its 20 heads outside the mall. Of course the line got longer. Once inside I managed to get the last 8.5 and my boy the last 13. So many ppl and moms were out there it was crazy.   
This is what I never understand. No wonder the younger generation is so lazy. You got your mom camping out, to buy you shoes?????
30t6p3b.gif

I only saw one mom out there by herself and she came relatively around 7. Mind you regardless of what the line on the outside of the mall is, it changes once you get inside and ppl are running walking fast etc to the different stores. It was mainly the fact that I saw moms with their sons out their. I'm in my late twenties, and my mom in no way was going to get up and drop me off at the mall let alone stay in line with me. Even if she would let me get them it would be when she was ready to get up and go to the mall.  I basically had to just look at the Eastbay at them all day long and then wait until I went to school to see all my friends with them on lol.

Originally Posted by taxtow

Not until such high price point releases sit and eventually get marked down on a widespread basis will we see a change in pricing.

exactly. and with nike's strategy, the only way that will ever happen is if certain releases where it is obvious they're shock testing the market are boycotted. but it isn't likely so yall have more of this to look forward to in the future.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

^
I'm just bugging out because the ones I saw (blacks) in person were different than the ones "Air Randy" got up... Hmmmm.

Either way, its SO refreshing not seeing the "swoosh bragging crew" in here.  I hear crickets last few days.  
laugh.gif

If someone has a swoosh, then me assuming that someone also had more "hook-ups" in reality in times like these was wrong on my part.

Bammas. 
laugh.gif
I have swoosh.  Didn't discount and still copped once it confirmed it was discounted.

Honestly my hook up is not the price, it's being able to get the shoe with out standing in line or waking up early in the morning to find a pair. 

Ndc is my hook up.  Never had a problem for any release in the past 2 years....except for the south beaches which I wasn't able to get my size.

Ndc all day every day.

Brought the og's back in the day with a sick polo to match,people thought I was crazy to spend $180 back then,& they still think I'm crazy to spend over $200 now.

Originally Posted by wr8201

its to the point that any foamposite that comes will sell out the day they drop unless nike drops some ******ed color

honestly, its not that the black is a bad colorway. its dope for sure.
the metrics go like this.
1. there will be way more blacks than these silvers so you will have to convince way more people to pay 225 + tax to buy
2. black is a very, very common colorway with nikes. its not a color that sets the shoe off.
3. less sales per person because of the price point. you didnt see many people copping doubles/triples on the silvers.
4. duncans are much less popular with the general public than any other foams. people hate the "boot" look and the weight. probably the worst balling shoe of the foam line. period.

not many shoes made in large quantities really sell out not named Jordan XI.
the flightposite 1 retros sold like hotcakes but still sat just because there were so many.
Nike seems to be on the path of dropping a ton of blacks and a relative few silvers. im sure more retro+ colorways are on the way.

They will probally Mass produce the blacks, think about it, shoe heads, people buyin cuz they couldn't get silver, and kids can wear them to school since there all black, with them coming out around holiday time, it only makes sense, I can almost guarantee the blacks don't sell like silvers, but will sell. If the silvers wernt limited, I'd have them sitting a couple days. There were stores in the DMV that had pines after the release day believe it or not.

They will probally Mass produce the blacks, think about it, shoe heads, people buyin cuz they couldn't get silver, and kids can wear them to school since there all black, with them coming out around holiday time, it only makes sense, I can almost guarantee the blacks don't sell like silvers, but will sell. If the silvers wernt limited, I'd have them sitting a couple days. There were stores in the DMV that had pines after the release day believe it or not.

look i paid 295 for mines yesterday on the bay'....price doesnt matter as long as you have the money to buy at the moment and it makes u happy..so for all you guys that say its ridic to pay retail or more..its ridic to depend on another person's swoosh acct and blow their phone up at midnight..for a pair a kix at a discounted price....guess that makes you cooler then me...even though its the same shoe..lol im in ny and i kno a gang of people who were callin niketown in boston..waisting time goin the backdoor route(pause)..to save a lil change wen you'll be buying kix again in a few weeks..dont get it.

look i paid 295 for mines yesterday on the bay'....price doesnt matter as long as you have the money to buy at the moment and it makes u happy..so for all you guys that say its ridic to pay retail or more..its ridic to depend on another person's swoosh acct and blow their phone up at midnight..for a pair a kix at a discounted price....guess that makes you cooler then me...even though its the same shoe..lol im in ny and i kno a gang of people who were callin niketown in boston..waisting time goin the backdoor route(pause)..to save a lil change wen you'll be buying kix again in a few weeks..dont get it.

I actually like the blacks way better than the silver.   I never like the silver when they came out, but grew on me.....
the only problem with the black retro's is that they are releasing the black on black color way.....I wish they had the silver accents instead.

I actually like the blacks way better than the silver.   I never like the silver when they came out, but grew on me.....
the only problem with the black retro's is that they are releasing the black on black color way.....I wish they had the silver accents instead.

Originally Posted by KidKrazy007

i live in the dmv and when the pines dropped i couldnt find them after the day they released 

Originally Posted by KidKrazy007

i live in the dmv and when the pines dropped i couldnt find them after the day they released 

Lol at 225 dollar plus tax and shipping thatz gonna come out to like $250. Thatz reseller prices right there. Why wouldnt you want someone to cop off Swoosh for you.

Lol at 225 dollar plus tax and shipping thatz gonna come out to like $250. Thatz reseller prices right there. Why wouldnt you want someone to cop off Swoosh for you.

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

^
I'm just bugging out because the ones I saw (blacks) in person were different than the ones "Air Randy" got up... Hmmmm.

Either way, its SO refreshing not seeing the "swoosh bragging crew" in here.  I hear crickets last few days.  
laugh.gif

If someone has a swoosh, then me assuming that someone also had more "hook-ups" in reality in times like these was wrong on my part.

Bammas. 
laugh.gif
I have swoosh.  Didn't discount and still copped once it confirmed it was discounted.

Honestly my hook up is not the price, it's being able to get the shoe with out standing in line or waking up early in the morning to find a pair. 

Ndc is my hook up.  Never had a problem for any release in the past 2 years....except for the south beaches which I wasn't able to get my size.

Ndc all day every day.
NDC is the easiest way to get anything these days, none of that BS timer going like other sites.  Plus, on their twitter they post the links right away (they've been slacking lately, but it was usually on point)
Glad I got to help a few fellow NT'ers cop 
pimp.gif

Wonder if I was in the "swoosh bragging crew" just because I said they wouldn't be discounted, hmmm....
nerd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom