"it's the little things that count the most"

Theres so many quotes in this world, most of which contradict each other.

Like the one above... "the little things count the most" to combat this.. "don't sweat the small stuff"

Do the smallest things count the most???

Like the one above... "the little things count the most" to combat this.. "don't sweat the small stuff"

Like have joy in your child making you a card for Father's day, not that he made a mess in the kitchen and used up all the rigatoni

Like have joy in your child making you a card for Father's day, not that he made a mess in the kitchen and used up all the rigatoni

As a woman...yes the little things count the most. Like a quick text that says "Good Morning Beautiful"...gets me every time!

As a woman...yes the little things count the most. Like a quick text that says "Good Morning Beautiful"...gets me every time!

Originally Posted by SaywhatYawant

*Waits for all the replies of "Good Morning Beautiful"*

Originally Posted by SaywhatYawant

*Waits for all the replies of "Good Morning Beautiful"*

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Good morning, beautiful.

laugh.gif

but she's right...

so is the first reply

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Exactly... Both quotes are meaningful, you just have to look at them in different ways.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Exactly... Both quotes are meaningful, you just have to look at them in different ways.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

The meaning of a saying depends on the context in which it is being used.  The 2 you provided would not be used in the same context.

The little things do count the most on a very sensitive subject.  Like noticing your girlfriend got her hair done or playing a sport without mastering the basics/fundamental skills.
"Don't sweat the small stuff" is kind of like "you can't see the forest for the trees."  In some instances, obsessive attention to detail is not necessary.  You aren't going to make sure every single blade of grass is cut to precision while mowing the lawn.

There are a lot of BS quotes out there though.  I personally hate the ones like "You can take the __1__ out the __2__, but you cant take the __2__ out the __1__."   Some are effective but most are stupid cliches..

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

The meaning of a saying depends on the context in which it is being used.  The 2 you provided would not be used in the same context.

The little things do count the most on a very sensitive subject.  Like noticing your girlfriend got her hair done or playing a sport without mastering the basics/fundamental skills.
"Don't sweat the small stuff" is kind of like "you can't see the forest for the trees."  In some instances, obsessive attention to detail is not necessary.  You aren't going to make sure every single blade of grass is cut to precision while mowing the lawn.

There are a lot of BS quotes out there though.  I personally hate the ones like "You can take the __1__ out the __2__, but you cant take the __2__ out the __1__."   Some are effective but most are stupid cliches..

yes. when i come home to visit my family i stay in my old bedroom that has bunk beds that my 3 year old brother now sleeps in. and when i come home from a night of clubbing and having the time of my life or from a date, it's hearing my little brother breath and snore that makes my night complete as i climb into the bunk above him. it's the little things....there's simply nothing greater.

Back
Top Bottom