It's time to lock Charles Rogers up...

CR was nasy at MSU. I really believed this dude was gonna do big things in the NFL. Maybe if he was drafted by another team, he would've been OK.

"I blew aye day"

"Lambhorghini (sp) livin'"

Wow.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

7 days ago:

Rogers gets 20 days to respond to Lions lawsuit

A federal judge has given Charles Rogers and the National Football League Players Association a 20-day deadline to file a response to a lawsuit in which the Detroit Lions seek to recover $6.1 million from the former Michigan State star.

An arbitrator ruled last year that Rogers must repay two-thirds of a $9.1 million signing bonus. Rogers was the Lions' first-found pick of the 2003 NFL draft.

The arbitrator ruled that Rogers defaulted on his contract in 2005 when he served a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. The Lions cut him the following season.

Rogers has not repaid the money and the Lions sued him Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Detroit.

Rogers, the second overall pick in the 2003 draft, recently served jail time for violating his probation in a domestic-violence case.

The case is assigned to U.S. District Judge Julian Cook.

One thing I love about the NFL
smokin.gif

Teams are not scared of the players or the players union.

Ya'll think if Gilbert Arenas would've been in the NFL that Roger Goodell would've been dilly-dallying with that clown. He would've suspendedhim and the ******** would've cut him, voided his contract, and probably sued him to get a portion of their signing bonus back.

This is not the first time a team seeks to regain it's signing bonus from a knucklehead.

It should be the norm.

^^ The Lions are stupid if they think they are going to see any of that money. Please don't act like David Stern is some softie, Paul Tagliabue he is not.Stern pimp hand is strong.

^ you can go to plenty of happy hours if you start at 9 am everyday like charles seems to always do.

Back
Top Bottom