It's true, Crash has a collapsed lung, broken rib

Andrew will get suspended for sure, but for how long?

http://http://blogs.charlotte.co...psed-lung-broken-rib.html

[h2]January 28, 2009[/h2][h3]Wallace has collapsed lung, broken rib[/h3]
By RICK BONNELL

rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com

LOS ANGELES - Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace suffered a collapsed left lung and a broken rib in a collision with Los Angeles Lakers center AndrewBynum in the Bobcats' 117-110 double-overtime victory Wednesday night.

According to the team, Wallace lost 30-40 percent of the capacity in his left lung. He also suffered a non-displaced fracture of the fifthrib on his left side.
tired.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif

Doctors at Centinela Hospital inserted a tube in Wallace's lung to help restore functional capacity. Wallace will spend at least Wednesday night in thehospital. Doctors do not anticipate releasing him before late Thursday. At that time, the Bobcats will be better prepared to decide whether Wallace would jointhe team on its current West Coast trip or return directly to Charlotte.

Bynum was called for a Flagrant 1 foul on the play in which Wallace was driving the lane in the fourth quarter. Bynum threw a hip-check and struckWallace's rib cage with his right elbow.

The Bobcats will play the Bobcats tonight in Portland. It was unclear who coach Larry Brown would start in Wallace's place.

tired.gif

Best of luck to G Wallace. That was a horrible foul, I hope Bynum tries to do something for his family or charity of Wallace's choice or something. Drew's a good kid, I don't think he meant to hurt him.

Yikes. I didn't know it was that serious when I saw it, just looked like a hard foul.

Hope he recovers.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

They should suspend him for the remainder of the season
smh.gif
Come on man, you can't be real on that. Bad foul, not smart, but he wasn't trying to hurt the guy. No way he knew he was gonna breakribs and collapse lungs with that.

10 years ago that woulda been a foul and nothing more and you know it.

it just makes me sick how soft the NBA has become.

no one on the Bobcats even considered bodyin that @#$*!% big dufus

smh.gif
smh.gif
Lettin ya mans get KO'd with no response. Weak!

it was a dirty foul, but i dont think bynum meant to do that, but he gotta realize he is a big guy and wallace was exposed in the air

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

smh.gif
smh.gif
In real time it really didn't look malicious though. Even Andrew went over to check on him.

What?!
eek.gif

I saw the words crash, collapsed lung, and broken rib in the title and thought someone pulled a Roethlisberger. A collapsed lung from an on court incident?Damn.

The foul didnt look that bad. He didnt even hit him with the edge of his elbow. It was more of the arm area between the elbow and shoulder. Like his tricep.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

The Bobcats will play the Bobcats tonight in Portland. It was unclear who coach Larry Brown would start in Wallace's place.

Not to take anything away from the seriousness of this issue, but how can the Bobcats play the Bobcats? Sounds like they are already short a guy?

Damn though, I feel for Wallace. I still haven't seen a vid of this. Does anybody have one? Did Bynum really just go after him?

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

smh.gif
smh.gif
In real time it really didn't look malicious though. Even Andrew went over to check on him.
It didn't in real time, but Bynum didn't even attempt to go for the ball
smh.gif

Damn,... Hope he has a speedy recovery. This is a bad look for my fantasy team.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

"The NBA is back" - Magic

well hope he gets bettter asap. I'm sure Drew will learn from this.

as cp1708 pointed out in the laker thread. it didn't help that kobe gambled. it was eitherthat or get posterized by wallace.

damn, dude seems to fall hard pretty often. I guess when u attack the rim as often and fearlessly as he does, it's bound to happen

Bynum does need to get suspended that was a Shaq(you're not gonna dunk on me)type foul

Crash is a tough dude he'll be straight...he gets injured like a football player last yearconcussion this year broken rib/collapsed lung...always bounces back
smokin.gif

He's a very underrated player IMO hopefully the Bobcats can get him some more help soon

Back
Top Bottom