ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

i saw adam beyer and carl cox they were ******g amazing. legit my first time seeing cox it felt like my first rave ever had no idea what I've been going to before.

yup, thats techno lol

that jack all nite til your spine hurts sht

makes all the "edm" sht sound like a disney concert.

(although cox and beyer these days are a lil soft for my taste)

i forgot to see ean golden and a*s*y*S those are two i wanted to see but there iwas so much happening at vegas and figuring out a schedule was hard.

richie i just missed causei was late or had no idea how to get to the stage i forget

so to the guys in the Bay, are they gonna announce any other artists to the one in September or what's listed is listed? lot of my friends are going, I'm being peer pressured
laugh.gif
, and don't really like the whole performance list

so to the guys in the Bay, are they gonna announce any other artists to the one in September or what's listed is listed? lot of my friends are going, I'm being peer pressured:lol: , and don't really like the whole performance list

Sensation?

frosty, did you happen to catch the Night Owl Experience?

Last edited:
Sensation?

frosty, did you happen to catch the Night Owl Experience?

I saw them thinking it was a live set. Didn't know exactly what the night owl experience was. At first glance I thought daft punk was up there. The music was on point. Too perfect in fact, I was wondering why the transitions were so damn smooth. The dancers and props they brought out for it was cool though. I was disappointed to find out it was prerecorded.

I left to see Ferry (I think) right after so I couldn't see it. I went back to that cooling station right quick to meet up with a friend. Passed the stage, saw the lights were crazy as fuuuuuu

Made a live remix of Daft Punk's Get Lucky giving it an island vibe. A local singer provided the vocals.

come on guys this thread should not be dying!!!!

kinda hyped going to a warehouse tomorrow. haven't been to a legit low key event like this.

come on guys this thread should not be dying!!!!

kinda hyped going to a warehouse tomorrow. haven't been to a legit low key event like this.

which party are you heading to? warehouse parties are dopeeeee.

i was gonna go to a warehouse party in LA saturday for Super Flu, but ah, i dont wanna drive up there haha.

which party are you heading to? warehouse parties are dopeeeee.

i was gonna go to a warehouse party in LA saturday for Super Flu, but ah, i dont wanna drive up there haha.

theres been a string of busts in LA recently, including dj harvey's sarcastic disco.

but the promoter for super flu knows what he's doing so should be safe if u do decide to go.

im going to see moodymann tonite.
pretty excited, as ive never seen him b4, and im a huge fan of the detroit house sound.
hes not the most technical dj (hes a producer first), but i know his track selection will be good, and he knows how to get the party jumpin.

this is probably most entertaining dj/producer interview/lecture ive ever seen.

ive heard he doesnt really play his own music,
but i really hope he drops shades of jae, as its one of the tracks that
first got me into house.

wish i was going to lightening in a bottle tho.

Last edited:
Cajmere, Matrixxman and Harvard Bass at Mighty SF tonight. Don't know if I can go yet but damn I want to.

all i'm going to say is there's a chance that slim420 and oranix were right for 100% of everything.

so much fun.

this was the lineup: MK (Marc Kinchen)
Beckwith
Beto Cravioto
Dan Wender
Blacky II

:smokin :D No drugs had the time of my life.

hot as balls even with fans but worth every drop of sweat

Last edited:
all i'm going to say is there's a chance that slim420 and oranix were right for 100% of everything.

so much fun.

this was the lineup: MK (Marc Kinchen)
Beckwith
Beto Cravioto
Dan Wender
Blacky II

:smokin :D No drugs had the time of my life.

hot as balls even with fans but worth every drop of sweat

the dub master MK!!
ive never seen him before. bet it was fun.

did he play this? classic track right here

his workflow when flipping a dub remix

and moodymann was AWESOME!!!
pretty much what i expected. his mixing wasnt the cleanest or the most creative, but it was organic. all vinyl.
dope funky, soulful, jazzy tracks to get down to.
and most importantly, he did his usual thing where he speaks on the mic to the crowd, which was what i wanted to see/hear the most lol

Last edited:
yes he def played burning ughhh I wish I could go back lol.

I gotta see how I balance my weekends now cause I def may have to do a few more of these in the not so distant future.

so much fun, still hype

uhhh was listening to Nic Fanciulli's latest podcast and there was mix of president obama's statement after of the Newtown incident

randomly odd

Last edited:
they all sound the same! LOL

In what has to be considered a hilarious yet genius prank, Swedish duo Daleri had a light bulb moment and released a minute long compilation combining every ‘hard hitting’ drop from the current Beatport Top 100.

In an unofficial way, the pair have declared their war on the ‘EDM’ scene infecting Beatport’s current ‘top’ list for being too damn repetitive and highlighted the generic nature of the EDM beast.

Totalling only 58 seconds you’ll be able to hear the drops from 16 current Beatport ‘top’ tracks, ranging from Dimitri Vegas’ “Wakanda” to Hardwells remix of Krewella’s “Alive” all hilariously mixed together!

What do you make of it?

1. Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike – Wakanda (Original Mix) [Intro]
2. Alvaro & Moti – NaNaNa (Original Mix)
3. Pyero – Genesis (Original Mix)
4. Chuckie, Dzeko & Torres – Down To This (Original Mix)
5. Makj – Springen (Original Mix)
6. Sini – Razz (Original Mix)
7. Pelari – Cango (Original Mix)
8. Krewella – Alive (Hardwell Remix)
9. Shermanology – The Only Way (Original Mix)
10. W&W – Thunder (Original Mix)
11. Gta, Henrix & Digital Lab – Hit It! (Original Mix)
12. Sultan, Ned Shepard, Fedde Le Grand – No Good (Extended Mix)
13. Henrix, Wayne & Woods – Jumangee (Original Mix) [Tiesto Club Life Rip]
14. Alvaro & Mercer feat. Lil Jon – Welcome To The Jungle (Original Mix)
15. Klauss Goulart & Mark Sixma – Rio (Original Mix)
16. Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike – Wakanda (Original Mix) [Outro]

they all sound the same! LOL

In what has to be considered a hilarious yet genius prank, Swedish duo Daleri had a light bulb moment and released a minute long compilation combining every ‘hard hitting’ drop from the current Beatport Top 100.

In an unofficial way, the pair have declared their war on the ‘EDM’ scene infecting Beatport’s current ‘top’ list for being too damn repetitive and highlighted the generic nature of the EDM beast.

Totalling only 58 seconds you’ll be able to hear the drops from 16 current Beatport ‘top’ tracks, ranging from Dimitri Vegas’ “Wakanda” to Hardwells remix of Krewella’s “Alive” all hilariously mixed together!

What do you make of it?

1. Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike – Wakanda (Original Mix) [Intro]
2. Alvaro & Moti – NaNaNa (Original Mix)
3. Pyero – Genesis (Original Mix)
4. Chuckie, Dzeko & Torres – Down To This (Original Mix)
5. Makj – Springen (Original Mix)
6. Sini – Razz (Original Mix)
7. Pelari – Cango (Original Mix)
8. Krewella – Alive (Hardwell Remix)
9. Shermanology – The Only Way (Original Mix)
10. W&W – Thunder (Original Mix)
11. Gta, Henrix & Digital Lab – Hit It! (Original Mix)
12. Sultan, Ned Shepard, Fedde Le Grand – No Good (Extended Mix)
13. Henrix, Wayne & Woods – Jumangee (Original Mix) [Tiesto Club Life Rip]
14. Alvaro & Mercer feat. Lil Jon – Welcome To The Jungle (Original Mix)
15. Klauss Goulart & Mark Sixma – Rio (Original Mix)
16. Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike – Wakanda (Original Mix) [Outro]

lol that clip is awesome and is a big reason why I've taken a break from the "edm" scene. the repetitive dark and violent sound that took over is a fad that isn't appealing to me.

i spoke about it a few months back but it's basically spawned from the effect nari & milani's song atom had on the scene and then it's combined with the dirty dutch sound and this is what it's "evolved" into.

with that being said, hit it!, welcome to the jungle, and wakanda came out in 2012. I messed with both hit it! and welcome to the jungle when they came out, and those producers can't do anything about people making copycat tracks in 2013. But they can do something when they have a choice of continuing to innovate or milking the sound. GTA is always willing to try new things and take chances, and although I don't like a lot of their stuff it's a big reason why they blew up and even got to tour Europe with Rihanna this summer. Alvaro on the other hand is trying to milk it, but whatever I'm not gunna hate on a person's hustle. Unless you're Tiesto, Afrojack, or another perennial djmag top 100 guy, it's a business where you can be hot one year and irrelevant the next.

In the end of the day doe....the point of this music is for pure mindless fun and entertainment, and I'm not going to sit and hate on people (predominantly young new fans) having fun raging at shows and festivals, or at DJs for giving the fans what they want. It's the current fad at the moment, just like how last year's was melodic/electro house. And festival season 2014 is going to have a new fad that I'm either going to mess with or criticize. Maybe there's going to be more of a techno/deep house influence and scare the **** out of the people here that want to keep the mainstream out :tongue:

Last edited:
curious what you guys think of john dahlback since he falls somewhere in between.

I think the edm hype is dying down which is cool. Took a slight break / starting diverting my attention elsewhere.

I mean every week theres a new festival popping up, just grabbing at money. Charging through the roof prices, for the same artists, its getting kinda ridiculous.

tomorrowland is in the u.s. now. qdance is coming to the u.s. etc

Back
Top Bottom