ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

lol that clip is awesome and is a big reason why I've taken a break from the "edm" scene. the repetitive dark and violent sound that took over is a fad that isn't appealing to me.

i spoke about it a few months back but it's basically spawned from the effect nari & milani's song atom had on the scene and then it's combined with the dirty dutch sound and this is what it's "evolved" into.

i guess i live in a bubble, cuz ive never heard of any of those artists/tracks in the clip above, except for lil john lol.

im not too sure what you mean by the "repetitive dark and violent" sound. that sounds like a description of techno if anything.
i think the "edm style" house (which is what the above tracks are) sound is the opposite of what you said.
its less repetitive, with quick buildups and drops and a much more song like structures (less track-y).
its definitely not dark. its more uplifting or cheesy than anything to me..maybe except for the "brostep" stuff.

and i dont know nari&milani's atom, but i doubt its just 1 track that produced this uniform sound. probably more a result of a combination of things...

but whatever I'm not gunna hate on a person's hustle. Unless you're Tiesto, Afrojack, or another perennial djmag top 100 guy, it's a business where you can be hot one year and irrelevant the next..

cant knock the hustle for sure. but ill will say they pretty much suck if this is the type of music theyre making lol
again, i have no idea who any of those djs/producers you mentioned are lol

In the end of the day doe....the point of this music is for pure mindless fun and entertainment, and I'm not going to sit and hate on people (predominantly young new fans) having fun raging at shows and festivals, or at DJs for giving the fans what they want

yea, true. people are gonna like what they like. but fun and entertainment doesnt have to be mindless.
dancing to house music, "real" house that is, can really be a spiritual release for some people. its like church for them (me included).
and techno is a prime example of music u can rage to w/o being mindless.

And festival season 2014 is going to have a new fad that I'm either going to mess with or criticize. Maybe there's going to be more of a techno/deep house influence and scare the **** out of the people here that want to keep the mainstream out :tongue:

"edm" is a fad as a whole, as are certain genres. ill mostly stick to house and techno which will never go out of style.
and yea, the deep house/techno thing is already happening. look at disclosure.
and i dont mind new fans of house and techno coming in, and i try to enlighten people and bring them to the dark side.
but they should definitely know the difference between the 2 scenes beforehand.
i feel so bad/embarrassed for that one guy/girl shuffling or giving/receiving lightshows to techno or deep house at a party lol

I think the edm hype is dying down which is cool. Took a slight break / starting diverting my attention elsewhere.

I mean every week theres a new festival popping up, just grabbing at money. Charging through the roof prices, for the same artists, its getting kinda ridiculous.

tomorrowland is in the u.s. now. qdance is coming to the u.s. etc

see the thing is, there is no taking breaks or hype if youre into the good sht.
its pretty much every weekend for me. (weekdays too if its a good party)

and new festivals popping up, money grabbing, and increasing prices has been going on for a long time now.
its BEEN ridiculous for me at least for a few years already.

Last edited:
Slim, I'm looking to get into more techno. I'm familiar with Turbo Recs. and **** but I wanna branch out a lil more, can you put me on?

Last edited:
Slim, I'm looking to get into more techno. I'm familiar with Turbo Recs. and **** but I wanna branch out a lil more, can you put me on?

when i try to get into a new genre, i always start at the beginning and work my way up chronologically.
so with techno, start with the detroit stuff - juan atkins, kevin saunderson, derrick may, robert hood, dan bell, carl craig,
richie hawtin(although not from detroit, hes still considered 2nd wave detroit techno), etc etc.
the wikipedia page on detroit techno does a pretty good job, definitely check that out.

then i would just check out different labels/artists in different countries.
as far as USA goes, definitely check out LA's droid behavior crew/label - truncate (audio injection), drumcell(his LP on CLR is coming out soon), raiz, etc.
also guys like silent servant, and john tejada call LA home as well.
then the midwest djs/producers like DVS1, dustin zahn, etc. these guys have stuff out on a lot of labels outside of US as well.

and berlin is definitely techno mecca of today with the legendary clubs (berghain, watergate, tresor, etc) and djs/producers flocking there.
osgut ton, CLR, Klockworks, Prologue, etc.

thers tons of djs you shoudl check out, ill just list some off the top of my head - ben klock, marcel dettmann, regis and function (sandwell district), surgeon,
peter van hoesen, chris liebing, speedy j, donato dozzy, perc, marcel fengler, shed, blawan, lucy, ricardo villalobos, rrose, adam beyer, cosmin trg, it just goes on and on...
there are sooo many techno/house producer/djs out there..

and youre from SF are right? you should check this out

Can someone explain what ITT means?

Also I'm into some serious nostalgia.  Been listening to some 80s and early 90s house and techno and drum n bass.  Ish goes hard.

Also just remembered this doc.

Last edited:
i should have been clearer on some things

didn't mean repetitive as in looping, meant as in too many tracks sounding the same.

and when I said "this music" is mindless fun, i meant just as in the music I was criticizing. not any entire genre in particular.

when i try to get into a new genre, i always start at the beginning and work my way up chronologically.
so with techno, start with the detroit stuff - juan atkins, kevin saunderson, derrick may, robert hood, dan bell, carl craig,
richie hawtin(although not from detroit, hes still considered 2nd wave detroit techno), etc etc.
the wikipedia page on detroit techno does a pretty good job, definitely check that out.

then i would just check out different labels/artists in different countries.
as far as USA goes, definitely check out LA's droid behavior crew/label - truncate (audio injection), drumcell(his LP on CLR is coming out soon), raiz, etc.
also guys like silent servant, and john tejada call LA home as well.
then the midwest djs/producers like DVS1, dustin zahn, etc. these guys have stuff out on a lot of labels outside of US as well.

and berlin is definitely techno mecca of today with the legendary clubs (berghain, watergate, tresor, etc) and djs/producers flocking there.
osgut ton, CLR, Klockworks, Prologue, etc.

thers tons of djs you shoudl check out, ill just list some off the top of my head - ben klock, marcel dettmann, regis and function (sandwell district), surgeon,
peter van hoesen, chris liebing, speedy j, donato dozzy, perc, marcel fengler, shed, blawan, lucy, ricardo villalobos, rrose, adam beyer, cosmin trg, it just goes on and on...
there are sooo many techno/house producer/djs out there..

and youre from SF are right? you should check this out

Right on man, I mess with a few of those names like Hawtin, Klock, Lucy, Beyer, DVS1 and Sandwell but def needed to get put on. Didn't know about that party either I would love to get there :smokin

Gervais' remix of Summertime Sadness is also :pimp:

EDC was a blast.

Tiesto and Hardwell killed it. Saw Carl Cox for the first time as well. A little different from the stuff I usually listen to, but it was good. Morgan Page :pimp:

Ending the weekend with Cazzette was a blast as well.

Great weekend!

Morgan page is the man. Stoked to see him again at Somerset. Saw him out after I saw him play one night. Chopped it up cool *** dude.

Right on man, I mess with a few of those names like Hawtin, Klock, Lucy, Beyer, DVS1 and Sandwell but def needed to get put on. Didn't know about that party either I would love to get there :smokin

fosho. and just look at the lineup of techno oriented festivals like movement (demf), awakenings, and time warp. all those festivals
book the big name techno djs so just look them up.

and chris liebing's CLR podcast which is released every monday, features some of the best techno djs around. definitely check em out.

^lol. love the sarcasm.

jaythejetplane, do you mean scratching? lol

but i can confirm, Baauer does not mix anything. (see Coachella performance) :smh:

wouldnt be surprised if the majority of these bigger DJs dont mix for festival sets.

Pretty much speaking on this: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/155971/General_Discussion/Nobody_mixes_live_anymore.html

It explains it better then I ever will. Not completely their fault though. With how intricate the production gets I don't blame them.

i bought coachella tix for 2014, but i think im gonna sell them. if anyone wants 2 passes with a car camping for week 1 at face value hit me up.

im goign to WMC 2014 instead :smokin

my body is readyyyyy

i donno if anyone is into psybient/psydub or just psychedelic music in general but
the new shpongle album leaked.

going both days.

saturday gonna see: xxyyxx, duke dumont, sbtrkt, disclosure, julio bashmore, flylo

sunday: gonna stay at the dirtybird stage all day.

:smokin

Anyone seen Disclosure live? They are coming close to my city and was thinking about making a drive to watch them.

Anyone seen Disclosure live? They are coming close to my city and was thinking about making a drive to watch them.

yes, go see them and dont even think about it. very high energy live show. people get ROWDY.

Back
Top Bottom