"I've Seen Every %$+*$!' Episode of The Wire" Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by All Ready

I try to watch all the seasons with the commentary on but every time I try to I turn the commentary off and just watch it regular again

Series is just too ill

I've rewatched each season like 5 times no lie and still can't finish the commentary

Anyone notice that Lester was the only one that had a successful (love) relationship on camera?

Or that Bodie always got treated like a stepchild but was one of the most loyal dudes on the show

Or how Randy was a portrait of what would've happened to Wallace if he didn't get killed

I also find it funny how Snoop was so loved but Chris did most of the killing between the 2

And how Naymond got out the game before ending up like D'Angel

There are alot of parallels with characters but I'm tired and cant think of the rest at the moment

Their ability to foreshadow is soooo under rated, its unparralleled... People think on such a surface level that most wouldn't even look into it like that.Show is the $%!*#!% best.

roll.gif
Thousandaire wrote:

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Can some explain why Chris went ham on Bugz pops?

He liked touching on boys
thought everbody peeped that
laugh.gif

Yo! Real #+%@...if Mr. Pres ever pull some #+%@ like that in my district his %+% would got the axe EARLY. Craps my nig? That's cool for the unit onprobablity, but you doin' that all day everyday?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

#+%@ is a straight up numbers game though, FOR REAL. Testing business ain't no joke
smh.gif

Marlo and McNulty even had similarities, both had a total disregard for tradition and natural progression

And both were addicted to themselves and power

I swear i never got this until today. I always wanted to ask NT but i was too lazy. Now that i FINALLY understand what was going on i cant help but to laugh.
laugh.gif

Did this confuse anyone else at first?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

Both sides are pushing....I didn't get it for the longest either though lol

Yup lol. Only Herc knew that he was trying to get it into the other room, everyone else who was helping was basically pushing or pulling it out.
laugh.gif

i swear they think of the most clever stuff which seems so meaningless at the time but is so symbolic in the long run
pimp.gif

2. Herc and Carver are honestly examples of why MOST people hate cops; and they were stupid, as proven in season 3.
carver grew up tho, it pretty much happened when daniels got in his ++#

he got D killed... it was a wrap for him from there on out
he had to kill D.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

I swear i never got this until today. I always wanted to ask NT but i was too lazy. Now that i FINALLY understand what was going on i cant help but to laugh.
laugh.gif

Did this confuse anyone else at first?
laugh.gif
it's about how lack of communication makes people on your team seemingly work against each otther, instead�of with eachother---right?
nerd.gif

��

On a side note, this scene was genius.

"It's the %%!% that happens while you wait for moments that never come." -Freemon

If that ain't he realest quote ever, I don't know what is.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

1. Why did D lie about shooting Dierdre Kreston in season 1?

He lied to gain their respect. If you remember dudes weren't to fond of him coming down to run things. Saying he was catching bodies was an easy way to getrespect.

I swear Bunny was the man
smh.gif
SWEAR.�

I'm tryna find a clip of that one ep where Bunk was hungover than a %%$$$ in a meeting
roll.gif
ya'll know what I'm tombout?

Slim charles is the definiton of a _ playing his position he had chances to move up and get points on the package, but he chose to stay in his lane and do whathe did best.

Out of all of the people, I was hurt by dookie the most when I saw him on that horse carriage I knew it was over
smh.gif

I also love the progression of bubbles throughout the series

"Oh y'all some semper fi !%%%*#+@#%$%#, where can cheese sign up ?"

You could see dooike on his way to been a crack head his 1st time on the show and everything in season showed he was going that way

And the discussion of ALL discussions:
Who was more foul....Avon or [Clay Davis] Strang? [/Clay Davis]

I'mm say Avon...only cuz Strang wanted to put Avon in "timeout" so to speak because he wasn't ready for the vision....which, he eventually same to understand but it was too late (see season 3 finale in the scene RIGHT before cops bust in on them gettin' ready for war) Although, I can only imagine going to the cops is blasphemous on the streets, and is always the greater crime. What say you, good sirs??
Sringer had to be bodied....

this isn't even about stringer dropping a dime on Avon....Stringer was gonna get got regardless.

be real here

re watch and and keep a scorecard. avon's "foulness" is no where near Stinger's. Avon let a lot of #$!+ stringer should have told himslide

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

2. McNulty is a narcissistic %$@-hole in the worst way... but he's freaking awesome.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

3. Bunk stone-cold-drunk on the toilet, burning his clothes to rid of trace evidence gotta be top 5 funniest scenes.
roll.gif

pimp.gif

and Bunny Colvin was good police.

Hands down one of the best shows to hit not just HBO but tv. I have too much to say so Ill leave it at that

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i know it was talked about when the show ended

would a movie work The Wire?

I don't know, it might seem rushed if they tried to fit it into 2 hrs. The Wire like to build the cases slowly.

Best show ever...I don't understand how anyone can hate this show.

Back
Top Bottom