"I've Seen Every %$+*$!' Episode of The Wire" Discussion Thread

Stringer is a piece of !*+$ in my book.
laugh.gif
He had D bodied and that wasit for me.

Ziggy pissed me off too. If he would have just played his part he would have prob been good. I think just the fact that he had been a @!$+ up all his life, hewas trying to prove to his pops/cousin that he could do something big on his own without them holding his hand or making decisions for him. And I think he justwent awol and lost it when he killed dude. All those years of people +%@+##!# on him finally overflowed.

Herc/Carver...I agree. They pissed me off what they did to Randy.
smh.gif

edit-Didnt Ziggy pay like $1k+ for some jacket?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

and then Meth said "not even a black man can style this #!!+"
Sig Check...
laugh.gif

I never hear anyone talk about Lester Freamon. I feel that he was brilliant at what he did and was highly slept on as apolice.

Daniels got all the glory but Lester was the true man in the trenches foreal!

Plus I know alot of people who were pissed that Prop Joe died but I feel that it was necessary to show that u can't always play both sides of the fence.Sometimes u gotta pick a side and ride with it to the end...

Finally, for some reason, I always wanted to give it to Nerese Campbell! Don't know why...
frown.gif

i've always wondered why wee-bey's lawyer was not levi. or was that an associate of levi's?

also, one of the best lines was by monk to bug when michael, dukie and bug skipped a day.
"nice dolphin, n___"

I remember when I got put on and I watched every episode seasn 1-3before o even watched season 4 so I'd be caught up
laugh.gif
took me like 4 days

I actually like Carver, one of my favorite characters on the show. His progression makes him one of the more inspirational characters on the show. He startedout another A******** cop but turned into a "Real Police."

And yea Ziggy was stupid but it ain't that easy to see. He was use to having everything handed to him, his father could never really tell him No. He nevergrew up and as he got older and his father shadow was still over him, he tried to make his own path but he was so unprepared for anything involving the realworld, that he just failed miserably. Ziggy was no different than Naymond for the most part.

And when it comes to String vs. Avon foulness, I got to say String. String was on his Bernie Madoff %!+*, anyone getting in the way of his paper had to go.Avon at least believed in family for the most part, even that didn't exist.

String was the Gordon Gekko of the hood.

And the discussion of ALL discussions:
Who was more foul....Avon or [Clay Davis] Strang? [/Clay Davis]

I'mm say Avon...only cuz Strang wanted to put Avon in "timeout" so to speak because he wasn't ready for the vision....which, he eventually same to understand but it was too late (see season 3 finale in the scene RIGHT before cops bust in on them gettin' ready for war) Although, I can only imagine going to the cops is blasphemous on the streets, and is always the greater crime. What say you, good sirs??
More foul- definitely Stringer.

Avon was self-aware. He understood street life because it was the only life he knew. He recognized and accepted its limitations and he never glorified thebenefits he derived from it.

My problem with Stringer was that he was not self-aware. He was as much a thug as Avon but he wanted others to see him as something different, somethingbetter. His ego was his ultimate demise.

nah morally they were both bad, killing is killing and they both did plenty

but ordering a hit on a young kid you think would snitch > killing your lifelong best friend over business disagreements. i mean both are bad but jesuschrist.

plus stringer was right in terms of their disagreements, avon was hardheaded and stubborn and they woulda gotten locked up or killed if they kept going the wayhe wanted them to.

haha i cant believe im analyzing a fictional tv show.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

another wire thread? seriously????
trust me, Ive avoided them, personally I believe this embarassment of a tv series isnt even worthy of an internet forum topic discussion but 6 daily threads a day its not whats poppin NT

the sopranos>first season of prisonbreak>entourage>lost>weeds>trueblood>the office>happy days>I dream of genie>johny bravo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the wire

Im so glad this show never won a worthy award

You like Entourage, the worse, male version of Sex & The City. Have fun pertending your Vince when you jack off to Megan Fox pics.

My problem with Stringer was that he was not self-aware. He was as much a thug as Avon but he wanted others to see him as something different, something better. His ego was his ultimate demise.

QFT

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

but ordering a hit on a young kid you think would snitch > killing your lifelong best friend over business disagreements. i mean both are bad but jesus christ.

plus stringer was right in terms of their disagreements, avon was hardheaded and stubborn and they woulda gotten locked up or killed if they kept going the way he wanted them to.

laugh.gif
yeah but wallace was gonna squeal anyways.

but avon would have gotten marlo had he not been busted up at his safehouse.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

not gonna say the show 'fell off' cuz it didnt

but things always fell into place for marlo, everytime he rose up the ranks it felt too easy and convenient

wish omar didnt get shot like that, woulda been dope to see him kill marlo or at least someone else like chris or snoop
man i swear.. i thought omar shoulda been killed when he jumped out the window on some spiderman @$#%. that had me
mad.gif
that he actually lived
oh yeah that part was kinda nuts too....i thought he like swung onto a lower balcony somehow....when you finally see him with just one bad leg (not even ankle, it's like his shin).....lol come on. dude jumped like 8 stories down
laugh.gif

Omar's character was actually based on a real dude, Donnie Andrews I believe, who according to Urban Legend did something of that nature to an extent.

according to David Simon, the person who Omar is based on actually made that jump, and from higher than in that episode.

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

Omar was the greatest character realtalk
pimp.gif
II

edit-Didnt Ziggy pay like $1k+ for some jacket?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

and then Meth said "not even a black man can style this #!!+"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

but ordering a hit on a young kid you think would snitch > killing your lifelong best friend over business disagreements. i mean both are bad but jesus christ.

plus stringer was right in terms of their disagreements, avon was hardheaded and stubborn and they woulda gotten locked up or killed if they kept going the way he wanted them to.

laugh.gif
yeah but wallace was gonna squeal anyways.

but avon would have gotten marlo had he not been busted up at his safehouse.
word i was so mad when they busted them
laugh.gif
i wanted to seethem murk marlo + co

Ziggy jus couldn't prove himself if his life depended on it. a career $#!$ up. his purpose in life was ti $#!$ up.
greatest tv series ever!
pimp.gif

easily one of the greatest shows ever.

always wondered what could have been if avon would've been more flexible and not solely on his "i want my corners" tip...

Back
Top Bottom