"Iverson partied til 3 in the morning, and J.R Smith and Carmelo tried to keep up with him"

Originally Posted by illfrozn

I think the title of this post is misleading. It's a quote from a great and fabulous article on Billups ...
can we get that article?

Originally Posted by bangtcg

That denver article is too good.

check this section out where billups is talking about how unprepared the nuggets were when he first got traded:
Next, they go over all of the team's plays. Chauncey nods, but, inside, he has a sick feeling. For instance, the Nuggets don't have an underneath-the-basket out-of-bounds play. This isn't high school. He can't throw the ball off someone's back and dunk it. What's going on here?

George Karl
smh.gif

they just started running plays this season!

Awesome article on Billups. I thought when Iverson got to the Nuggs they were going to be an amazing scoring combo but AI is a hard player to build a teamaround. Hopefully he goes to a team where he can be a #2 or #3 option and understand his role. If he can go to a team like the Spurs I think they coulddisipline him enough where it could work out. He really needs to be humbled and understand he's not what he used to be. He can still put together somegreat games but he can't do it on a consistant basis and is def. not a #1 option anymore. One of my favorite players but I lose a ton of respect for aplayer who quits on his team. (See Vince Carter.)

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Couldn't play D?

Im sure they were celebrating there win

Plus after a long basketball game its only a matter of time till you get tired and need some rest for the next game.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

AI > your favorite player not named mj or lebron

indifferent.gif

Are you insinuating that the best three players in NBA history are 1) Jordan 2) LeBron and 3) Iverson?

laugh.gif
at Iverson being the third best ever
roll.gif
at LeBron being the second.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

AI > your favorite player not named mj or lebron

pimp.gif
Believe that.

Where's he gonna end up? He needs him a ring before he goes out.

I hope AI gets a ring before he hangs them up. It will be tough cause he doesn't want to accept that bench role. You gotta figure next few championshipsare going to LA, Cleveland and some other team TBD later. I don't see Ivo fitting in with Lakers cause they are grooming Farmar and he wouldn't back upMo Williams or wanna give up the game winner to LBJ.

But you can say this about the man...he played his $** off, he made a ton of money and he had fun doing it all...still a first ballot HOFer IMO

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

I hope AI gets a ring before he hangs them up. It will be tough cause he doesn't want to accept that bench role. You gotta figure next few championships are going to LA, Cleveland and some other team TBD later. I don't see Ivo fitting in with Lakers cause they are grooming Farmar and he wouldn't back up Mo Williams or wanna give up the game winner to LBJ.

But you can say this about the man...he played his $** off, he made a ton of money and he had fun doing it all...still a first ballot HOFer IMO
he'd probably contribute on the Spurs. get tim duncan to beat some sense into him

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

I hope AI gets a ring before he hangs them up. It will be tough cause he doesn't want to accept that bench role. You gotta figure next few championships are going to LA, Cleveland and some other team TBD later. I don't see Ivo fitting in with Lakers cause they are grooming Farmar and he wouldn't back up Mo Williams or wanna give up the game winner to LBJ.

he'd probably contribute on the Spurs. get tim duncan to beat some sense into him
Bring T-mac and AI to the Spurs.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Please

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Please
mcgrady_media_tracy-nba-rockets.jpg

allen-iverson-to-detorit.bmp

SMH........this dude has a career ppg of over 27 a game and is 2nd all time in career ppg in the playoffs....4 scoring championships.....mvp.....I could goon.....How dare you guys come at a legend like this. Your crazy if you don't think Lebron doesn't participate in things just like this, or wade, ormostly any other star in the L.

The nerve of some people now days. Coming at ALLEN IVERSON like that?

Originally Posted by bangtcg

That denver article is too good.

check this section out where billups is talking about how unprepared the nuggets were when he first got traded:
Next, they go over all of the team's plays. Chauncey nods, but, inside, he has a sick feeling. For instance, the Nuggets don't have an underneath-the-basket out-of-bounds play. This isn't high school. He can't throw the ball off someone's back and dunk it. What's going on here?

I almost lost it when he did that to Kobe in game 2. that was one of the best things I've seen this post-season!

AntBanks81 wrote:

I hope AI gets a ring before he hangs them up. It will be tough cause he doesn't want to accept that bench role. You gotta figure next few championships
are going to LA, Cleveland and some other team TBD later. I don't see Ivo fitting in with Lakers cause they are grooming Farmar and he wouldn't back
up Mo Williams or wanna give up the game winner to LBJ.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Please

He didnt like the Detriot situation. So he definitely wont like the Spurs. He would have to come off the bench behind Parker or start along side Parker. Andeven if he does start the ball would not be in his hand for 15 secs of the shot clock.

Im sure TMAC would like to be on the spurs though.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

AntBanks81 wrote:

I hope AI gets a ring before he hangs them up. It will be tough cause he doesn't want to accept that bench role. You gotta figure next few championships
are going to LA, Cleveland and some other team TBD later. I don't see Ivo fitting in with Lakers cause they are grooming Farmar and he wouldn't back
up Mo Williams or wanna give up the game winner to LBJ.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Please

He didnt like the Detriot situation. So he definitely wont like the Spurs. He would have to come off the bench behind Parker or start along side Parker. And even if he does start the ball would not be in his hand for 15 secs of the shot clock.

Im sure TMAC would like to be on the spurs though.
Wouldn't AI actually play in front of Manu? and Manu is a so-called "6th man"
laugh.gif
so it works Plus it'll save some wear and tear on Manu which has reallytaken a toll on him in the post season these past 2 years.

roll.gif
Iverson, Melo, Chalmers, Dirk, Phelps ,Beasely AllAthletes need to stay away from cameras in the off time.

Back
Top Bottom