[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Couldn't get with it, I barely made through the whole album. I found it boring and same sounding. I always want to like his albums because its obvious he's talented but this is the first time he's delivered with a major release.

Agreed. Huge fan of his mix tapes but both his first 2 albums were disappointing in comparison.

With that said this album is great and if you say otherwise you're lying lol

better than fnl?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Imho, yes.

But I got FNL as a classic as well.

It's definitely his most complete project. and his best Studio album.

My list of Cole matieral:

1. 2014 Forest Hill Drive

2. FNL

3. The Warm up

4. Born Sinner

5, Truly Yours series

6. Any Given sunday Series

7. The come up

8. Sideline Story

Only reason I can't trust other people's hype anymore is that unfortunately people were calling Born Sinner a classic off first listen too.

People mad overhyped it. I was really disappointed.

There were nice tracks, it wasn't an awful
Album, but it wasn't that good either.

I keep it real, I'm the biggest Cole Stan in the world but it wasnt a great album for Coles standards.

I'm excited for this, I can take just based on some reviews from some people I trust it goes back to mixtape Cole which is good.

I just won't allow myself to fall for the hype again until I listen myself.

Only reason I can't trust other people's hype anymore is that unfortunately people were calling Born Sinner a classic off first listen too.

People mad overhyped it. I was really disappointed.

There were nice tracks, it wasn't an awful
Album, but it wasn't that good either.

I keep it real, I'm the biggest Cole Stan in the world but it wasnt a great album for Coles standards.

I'm excited for this, I can take just based on some reviews from some people I trust it goes back to mixtape Cole which is good.

I just won't allow myself to fall for the hype again until I listen myself.

Ya don't set up expectation, just listen, I enjoyed it, still need more listens, to see where it ranks, but def has that mixtape, warm up/FNL feel.

I HATE all of you guys.

Not listening to anything till I pick it up from Best Buy on Tuesday after work idc idc idc

Last edited:
J. Cole Calls Out Eminem, Justin Timberlake, & Iggy Azalea on ‘Fire Squad’

J. Cole and Eminem

J. Cole’s album 2014 Forest Hills Drive is not officially out yet, but it’s already sparking controversy. On the leaked track “Fire Squad,” the North Carolina rapper calls out some famous white artists for appropriating black culture.

“History repeats itself and that’s just how it goes / Same way that these rappers always bite each other’s flows / Same thing that my ni**a Elvis did with rock ‘n’ roll / Justin Timberlake, Eminem, and then Macklemore,” raps Cole, who appeared on the remix to Timberlake’s “TKO.”

He also has some words for Iggy Azalea, who beat Eminem and Drake for Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album and Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist at this year’s American Music Awards.

“While silly ni**as argue over who gon’ snatch the crown / Look around my ni**a, white people have snatched the sound / This year I’ll probably go to the awards dappered down / Watch Iggy win a Grammy as I try to crack a smile.”

He’s quick to add, “I’m just playin’, but all good jokes contain true **** / Same rope you climb up on, they’ll hang you with.”

Fans took to Twitter to react and debate. Some sided with Cole, while others defended their favorite artist.

J. Cole’s third album 2014 Forest Hills Drive arrives in stores and online on December 9.

Im 3 tracks in and im in love in wet dreamz :lol: :smokin
If this is supposed to have a more fnl feel to it then im excited for next 10 ill be back

Last edited:
I feel LTB is going to come in here with that classic talk next week

Only two modern era urban classic albums in my book bruh;

Kid Cudi- MOTM 1.
Kendrick- GKMC

I don't throw "classic" around loosely like most people these days do. I have to love the album LITERALLY FRONT TO BACK to think of it as highly as "classic." Those 2 recent albums qualify. I can pop both into the whip any day of the week, any hour of the day, and enjoy both all the way trough. Timeless.

I have high standards for that word.

Last edited:
MOTM 1 can't even be put in any specific "genre."

It was completely original and unique.
Simply amazing music front to back.

IMHO.

Don't care how anyone else feels. It's timeless to me.

The Warm Up is a classic mixtape to me, one of the few classic mixtapes in the modern era. I didn't put it on my list because it wasn't technicallg an album, but it should of been.

Last edited:
I feel LTB is going to come in here with that classic talk next week

Only two modern era urban classic albums in my book bruh;

Kid Cudi- MOTM 1.
Kendrick- GKMC

I don't throw "classic" around loosely like most people these days do. I have to love the album LITERALLY FRONT TO BACK to think of it as highly as "classic." Those 2 recent albums qualify. I can pop both into the whip any day of the week, any hour of the day, and enjoy both all the way trough. Timeless.

I have high standards for that word.
I'll wait but I'm basing this off you saying you being bus biggest Stan and everyone going wild off this day one leak. Just a thought

MOTM 1 can't even be put in any specific "genre."

It was completely original and unique.
Simply amazing music front to back.

IMHO.

Don't care how anyone else feels. It's timeless to me.

The Warm Up is a classic mixtape to me, one of the few classic mixtapes in the modern era. I didn't put it on my list because it wasn't technicallg an album, but it should of been.
I rock with you LTB, mad respect, but man Kid cudi is goddamn overrated to me. That cd complete meh to me. But I respect that its a classic to you.

For me personally before all yall bash me, 

A classic to ME personally is if a CD or mixtape speaks to my soul, makes me think.

That's just me. Just my humble opinion. 

Last edited:
Nah I agree with you, I guess timing is just everything.

What Cudi was preaching on MOTM hit me at one of my most depressed times of my life. So I guess that album really hit my soul man. It was everything I was thinking at the time, put into music. I felt like I was listening to my own thoughts on these melodic beats.

So I guess it's just more of a personal thing. I REALLY related to that album.

Cudi isn't a classic artist, that was just ONE classic album to me.

Ever since then his songs/albums have been hit or miss. No consistency. But that one album ONLY, from front to back, really spoke to me. And it still does.

So yeah, it's just a personal classic.

"I dont throw the word around classic loosely"

Praises anything that Kid Cudi has done.

1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

Its all love LTB you're my dude

Lol if we were taking bets I would put my money on LTB rating this super high.

Vibing on this at lunch and it keeps getting better. Can't een pick a favorite yet

:lol:

Hey man. You have your own "opinions" too anti.

You're the guy who hates eggs and ketchup, a universal breakfast that is loved globally :lol: :tongue:

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Hey man. You have your own "opinions" too anti.

You're the guy who hates eggs and ketchup, a universal breakfast that is loved globally
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
This.

Anti don't you like Migos? I could be way off and you might hate Migos. 

As much as I dislike Cudi, anything better than Migos 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom