J.D. Salinger has died (1919-2010)

Definitely a favorite of mine. I really want this in film though, only if done right of course.

Rest in peace.....
BUT I hate this book, when I read it in my sophmore year in high school I hated the main character for being mad all the time.

I know most of yall are reminiscing about this wack book ,(maybe I'll give it another chance), and Imma let you finish,  but The Giver is one of the best growing-up books of all TIME............ALL TIME.

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

Rest in peace.....
BUT I hate this book, when I read it in my sophmore year in high school I hated the main character for being mad all the time.

I know most of yall are reminiscing about this wack book ,(maybe I'll give it another chance), and Imma let you finish,  but The Giver is one of the best growing-up books of all TIME............ALL TIME.
Someone applaud this man. Yes. Just yes.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Holden was like the most sketchiest protagonist ever. I will say this though after that book I questioned ALL narrator based books.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Rest in peace.....

Someone applaud this man. Yes. Just yes.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Holden was like the most sketchiest protagonist ever. I will say this though after that book I questioned ALL narrator based books.
The Giver was OK but there are so many books like it that I really don't see who i stands out among the crowd. Plus the ending is more frustrating that Catcher's ending. 

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Howard Zinn died yesterday. Surprised I didn't see a post for that. I never read Catcher in the Rye. What makes it so great?

Howard Zinn is the biggest liberal in this country. The government wants to hide him as much as possible.

Everyone read Catcher in the Rye in high school, it has more media and popularity along with it.
It's pretty much a required book nowadays.

I read most of Catcher in the Rye but I got kinda tired of Holden's moaning and groaning, total rep of a d-bag. but Phoebe set him straight.
but a movie would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Emma Watson for Jane Gallagher and insert hot blonde chick for Sally Hayes

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

The Giver was OK but there are so many books like it that I really don't see who i stands out among the crowd. Plus the ending is more frustrating that Catcher's ending.
Read the sequels/ spiritual successors to The Giver (you find out where they ended up), funny thing is I just read both of the sequels this year, my procrastination at its finest.
smh.gif

Third book in the series is the weakest but is still worth reading.
They are titled: "Gathering Blue", and "Messenger"

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Read the sequels/ spiritual successors to The Giver (you find out where they ended up), funny thing is I just read both of the sequels this year, my procrastination at its finest.
smh.gif

Third book in the series is the weakest but is still worth reading.
They are titled: "Gathering Blue", and "Messenger"
Damn, there are sequels. I will have to reads those because the ending seriously pissed me off. 

Rest in peace.....

loved this book in HS...i actually borrowd the book on tape from a teacher...
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom