Ja Rule making a comeback in 09

Ja is one of those artists who I've always felt gets alot of undeserved hate. Yeh he made alot of pop joints but cats try to front like they wasn'tboppin they heads to them joints before 50 cent told them not to. Always on Time was that %+%+
pimp.gif
. He went platinum off that %+%+ that had New York on it andthat album was hard. I feel like people dont give him a chance because of how hard he got clowned during the whole beef. And it was one sided as $%+*. Youheard all of 50's joints on the radio and I didn't even know Rule responded had I not went to allhiphop.com.

A comeback is out of the question. His career is over at this point. Then again, everyone is one big single away back from entry but I feel like he doesn'thave it in him anymore. He can still make good deep songs but the hits hes used to making just won't fly in todays time period.

But for the record, the song The Mirror/Love is Pain is better than a lot of tracks out right now. But people won't give it a listen because its Ja Rule.

One thing I'll give Ja credit for though is at least he doesn't need to beef with a major artist(s) all the time prior to his album coming out. 50 usincats to gain buzz. Ja went multiplat with each album without having to beef with the biggest names in the industry. He gets props for that in my book

His mind is in the wrong places... I'm cool with Irv's nephew and he tells me that rule is in brazil doing remixs for the 10th anniversary venni vettivecci album. He needs to fucus on new music and stop BSin in brazil.

yall can't lie dat 3:36 album wit dat one joint six feet underground is
pimp.gif
but yea dude lookin like a clown wit dem ones
roll.gif

I actually think the Last Temptation had some hits on it. The Neptunes did they think on that album and he didn't have any of those stupid pop songs onthere. He needs to just release 2 back to back hard spitting albums and the fans should start coming back, because deep down inside everyone is still a Rulefan. It's just the cool thing to clown him because he got sonned so damn bad.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

I actually think the Last Temptation had some hits on it. The Neptunes did they think on that album and he didn't have any of those stupid pop songs on there. He needs to just release 2 back to back hard spitting albums and the fans should start coming back, because deep down inside everyone is still a Rule fan. It's just the cool thing to clown him because he got sonned so damn bad.

I agree with everything you said except the Last Temptation part. I think that album was butt cheeks and it did have a lot of them pop joints on there. It hadthe Grease video song Mesmermize or whatever and it had that Bobby Brown @*+@. It also had the song Last temptation which was pretty pop too. It did have a fewcool songs though like Pop +#!%%+, and that song where Nas was supposedly signing. I cant believe how they played everybody wit that @*+@. "In thebeginning, it was just me, Nas....I stood alone. But now, (Ja Rule yells, MURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDA in the back ground), Murder Inc %%%@%*!."

Ja's best album was Venni Vetti Vecci. Rule 3:36 was decent. Six feet underground was the only track that stood out. Pain is Love I thought was actuallyhot. So Much Pain, and Lost Little Girl = crack
pimp.gif

I personally thought PIL was a very weak album, its sad that weak as album basicly launched him into super stardom word Tha Carter III.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

I personally thought PIL was a very weak album, its sad that weak as album basicly launched him into super stardom word Tha Carter III.

yeah, I was in basic training at that time and I remember so many people copped 3:36 since it came out around the time we were allowed to use cd players. Ibought it just for 6 ft Underground since the 1 minute sample Clue had on his mixtape that summer was THE banger of the summer for me before going intoBT
laugh.gif

But that J.Lo song LAUNCHED him up there for real

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

If "Uh-Oh" didnt make him relevant again, nothing probably will.

Yeahhh... Ja should've dropped the album after "Body" got some buzz. He would've done okay numbers.

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

One thing I'll give Ja credit for though is at least he doesn't need to beef with a major artist(s) all the time prior to his album coming out. 50 usin cats to gain buzz. Ja went multiplat with each album without having to beef with the biggest names in the industry. He gets props for that in my book.
but that was an era when every rapper with a video on MTV went multiplat. if the market for rap was still what it is soulja boy would've sold like 6 million records.
LMao what are you talking about? Besides Eminem and maybe Hov, Ja was the top selling artist from 2000-2002. Many people had MTV videos and onlywent gold.

Fact is, Curtis came out in 2003 and used the biggest names in the game at the time to launch himself and he still uses beef to market his album.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

If "Uh-Oh" didnt make him relevant again, nothing probably will.

Yeahhh... Ja should've dropped the album after "Body" got some buzz. He would've done okay numbers.

Exactly that Body wasn't that bad, all it needed was whoever the hottest upcoming female R&B artist at the time on the hook. Which I think was eitherKeyshia Cole or Latoya Luckett.

Man I just got down looking at Ja's discography and this fool went platinum on all his albums. What is the problem?

I know Pain is Love went 8X, but he should still try to release material.

He needs to pop X to feel like a star, His original image was wack to begin with--he cant come back.

lol what he needs to do is stay out the rap game its not like he actually did something for it

Back
Top Bottom