JAGUAR C-X16 CONCEPT .. Hands down ,Jaguar has the best luxury car designs

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by RFX45

You might be surprised, some people are already saying this will be competing mainly against the Porsche Cayman and 911, and the Cayman and it's mid-engine is one of the best handling car out there in it's class (better handling that an Aston Martin too).
The car is also going to have a supercharged V6 with 380hp & 332lb/torque with an electric generator motor with an 8-speed auto ******. Car will most likely be fast w/o being a gas guzzler. Since it is being put up against the 911 and Cayman, performance-wise, it might be unfair to throw it among the likes of Aston Martin but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes close, if not better, in some categories.

Only a V6? Not interested then.

the V8 Vantage is slower and less nimble than its 911 competitor so how could it be unfair to compare the car to an Aston when youre already comparing it to a Carrera?

Because the reporters are the one comparing and saying that this Jag will be competing against the Caymans and 911s:http://menknowcars.fooyoh.com/car_news/6505359.

The Vantage V8 is also retailing at $120k before options while the new 911 Carreras starts at $82k and the Cayman S starts at $62k, that are huge price differences if this Jag is priced similarly to the Porsches' so yeah I would say it is an unfair comparison. It's not always about speed and power, got to add luxury into it or else just do the typical NT response, get a GT-R instead.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Has Jaguar done anything in the reliability area. I remember they were crap in ghe 90's
Didn't Ford own them in the 90's?
No as i understand it Ford made their engines. 

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Has Jaguar done anything in the reliability area. I remember they were crap in ghe 90's
Didn't Ford own them in the 90's?
No as i understand it Ford made their engines. 

Ford owned Jaguar , Land Rover and Aston Martin ..

They even had a F1 team in the early 2000's

Back
Top Bottom