Jalen Rose calls out Skip Bayless about High School Career

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

5662811852_89896a11fb_o.gif

laugh.gif

You wrong man.

LOL @ the name Bosh Spice crossing the line, you must think Prince James is crossing the line as well (for a guy who labels himself THE KING).
When Bosh has actually shown up he gave him credit.

I dont see nothing wrong with Prince James but Bosh Spice is disrepectful IMO. Im not even a Bosh fan but as a man that had to hurt his pride. Most dudes woulda slapped the @%@% outta Skip for calling them that.

laugh.gif

You wrong man.

LOL @ the name Bosh Spice crossing the line, you must think Prince James is crossing the line as well (for a guy who labels himself THE KING).
When Bosh has actually shown up he gave him credit.

I dont see nothing wrong with Prince James but Bosh Spice is disrepectful IMO. Im not even a Bosh fan but as a man that had to hurt his pride. Most dudes woulda slapped the @%@% outta Skip for calling them that.
bosh said on 1st take that he didnt like it because he was making fun of his family name, he said you can take everything from but he would still have his family name.. that is a line so called someone shouldnt cross especially if your gonna get mad about facts about your high school basketball team...
just like people on NT... dont get mad when people go into your season thread and talk @$!$ while you are the same dude that does the same in other theads...

Steven A is loud but most of time he's on point and is probably the most unbiased person on ESPN. All of them had some good point espeacially Chris Carter. The Whole probelm is that people like Skip thinks they can talk crazy about athelets and nothing should come back at them. I agree with most of the stuff Jalen was saying but come on now Kwame Brown is a bum flat out. If you are the number one pick and your game hasnt gotten better in 11 years something is wrong. Ima Laker fan and call Steve Blake a bum but I would never say something like he's a quitter or something personal like that. Thats where Skip and ALOT of people on the internet go to far with the criticism.

The whole Bosh spice thing is crossing the line. You can say he plays soft but when somebody calls him that its personal you basically calling him a female.   

this is part of the issue when we discuss or analyze brown.. where he was selected will always be factored in, in any assessment of him (hell, it's the only reason his name even comes up)

so in our judging of him we don't judge him by the standard of the average NBA center today (his peers), we judge him as a dude who was selected number 1 overall.. and as a dude straight out of high school who couldn't handle MJ berating him

I found Jalen to be very emotional. Bought to cry & @#$%
laugh.gif

Screamin A. as always
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I thought all 3 had valid arguments

But Jalen Rose is correct, just cause kwame brown isnt the player he should of been , doesnt mean hes a scrub.... else gms wouldnt pay him 8 mill to be on their team... people can say hes not one of the best players in the l, but all 450 people with a contract are not scrubs else they wouldnt be in the L

Scrub compared to the rest of the players in the league (when he was stinking up the joint), not scrub compared to you and me man...its not hard to understand....and scrub since he was the # 1 draft pick....he is at least up to the status of "average" today.

So people can't call anyone a scrub or say "they suck" because they are in the league, in ANY sport then? Is this what has really happened to sports today, the over-sensitivity?

Toney Douglas sucks, he is in the NBA, and I can say that.

Scrub compared to the rest of the players in the league (when he was stinking up the joint), not scrub compared to you and me man...its not hard to understand....and scrub since he was the # 1 draft pick....he is at least up to the status of "average" today.

So people can't call anyone a scrub or say "they suck" because they are in the league, in ANY sport then? Is this what has really happened to sports today, the over-sensitivity?

pimp.gif
 somebody gets it 

Originally Posted by MonStar1

pimp.gif
 somebody gets it 
Finally
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 How is it that hard to get? "Wha wha what does that say about the guy at the rec center?" "K K Kwame would not have lasted this long if he sucked"
roll.gif

Basically I don't get how people don't understand that.

I'm surprised no one has tried to assault him yet Jim Rome style.  The guy constantly insults people.  Mocking someone because they didn't win a championship is kind of low.  He did that to Cris Carter and i'm surprised he didn't get that mad.
Woody Paige is a way better network personality.

Skip is a joke, but one thing I have to give him is that he doesn't back down when the athlete shows up. He's just as disrespectful with them right in front of him.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

I'm surprised no one has tried to assault him yet Jim Rome style.  The guy constantly insults people.  Mocking someone because they didn't win a championship is kind of low.  He did that to Cris Carter and i'm surprised he didn't get that mad.

If people had to watch Woody Paige for 2 hours every morning the suicide rates would increase by 50%.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by shogun

If people had to watch Woody Paige for 2 hours every morning the suicide rates RATINGS would increase by 50%.
Fixed

I can't even stomach to watch First Take.  I can't see how this entertains people.  They ALWAYS argue opposite sides to every argument.  They don't once agree on anything its just dumb.  At least woody makes me laugh. 

Manufactured feud, not really sure why it's a huge deal. Even if real, still not sure why it's a huge deal

(not being a jerk, I feel like I'm missing something)

Stephen A is soo annoying... He's like the guy in the office saying "I know, I know..." when he really is just ignoring you.
Jalen would have wanted to punch him, "you shoulda been in the studio, mayng..." 
laugh.gif

Best debate I've seen in awhile across all topics these days.

pimp.gif
 somebody gets it 

I'm gonna have to disapree with you because of one thing. If he went to college and had a semi- distinguished career and carved a niche for himself, then would we still be calling him a scrub. I mean the only reason people get mad is becaus ehe was #1 overally and didn't live up to his ptential if we're going off straight stats, does actually compares to someone like Varajeo or Hansborough in the league. I mean he's in the league doing his thing and as a Lakers fan, trust me, I def couldn;t stand half the things he did on the court, but if you needed someone to score and defend, he was your man.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

pimp.gif
 somebody gets it 

I'm gonna have to disapree with you because of one thing. If he went to college and had a semi- distinguished career and carved a niche for himself, then would we still be calling him a scrub. I mean the only reason people get mad is becaus ehe was #1 overally and didn't live up to his ptential if we're going off straight stats, does actually compares to someone like Varajeo or Hansborough in the league. I mean he's in the league doing his thing and as a Lakers fan, trust me, I def couldn;t stand half the things he did on the court, but if you needed someone to score and defend, he was your man.

Yeah, and what about all these journalists that get so upset when athletes are critical of their work?? They're lame.. and as an athlete, I believe that any player playing major (Division 1 basketball) or pro, IS NOT a scrub. You have to understand the power of your words. Sports is universal damn near.. Journalism?? 
eyes.gif
 nobody cares that much. Journalists ridicule players to help THEIR situations, and not to truly break down a player's play. 

Jalen Rose is Soft.
If athletes can't handle criticism when they make millions of dollars, they should try to change their game or attitude and prove them wrong. 

Today's common athlete, especially in the NBA are mentally soft and weak. 

jalen was catching feelings
sas ranting, but he made some good points

i can say andris biedrins is a scrub and i never played varsity
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom