JaMarcus Russell

Alright we all know the story on him but for those who don't I'll catch you up

JaMarcus Russell was drafted 1st overall in 2007 by the Oakland Raiders . In the three seasons he played for them he started 25 games and in those 25 he went 7-18 . Oakland released him in May 2010 due to his lack of effort on and off the field , poor work ethic , and overall ability . Oakland has yet to fully recover on their , what was supposed to be , "franchise player" .

He is widely considered to be the biggest draft bust in any sport and is thought to be a thief who stole the Oakland franchises money and never cared about the team . Since then he has tried out for several teams to become a second stream QB and has been turned down by all .

Personally I feel like he deserves another chance if he proves to have a good skill set and a hard worker .

What do you guys think ?

Thief in the night or js someone who couldn't handle the pressure of the NFL ?

espnw_g_jamarcusrussell_200.jpg

He was given every opportunity to succeed. Coaches who were supposed to specialize in developing his ability, mentors hired to monitor him, an owner who refused to believe that he could be wrong about him and threw other people under the bus before accepting the truth about JaMarcus. He wouldn't develop his game and never took responsibility for his play on the field, either with the media or his own teammates in practices or as a leader. We drafted the worst bust in history and are still living with the consequences of that.

At the end of the day maybe he really js didn't care . I mean I've watched games with him and he did have a vicious cannon and could run pretty well for a big man being a decent duel threat quarterback so the skill set was there. But dont you think tht he might have been released too soon . I mean look at tony romo , in my opinion he shouldve been let go from the cowboys years ago but they keep him . Why couldnt oak city continue working with Russell instead of wasting 30mil

A QB that was getting fatter every year, No Desire to be a good NFL QB. They didn't give up too early the writing was on the wall. Not 1 team wanted him after they cut him.

What a waste of talent

I'll credit the raiders for cutting their losses with that bum right away rather then hold out for false hope and "potential"

My thing is the QB the raiders have now is no better .
.............................................................................................................................................................................

.......................................................................................................................................................lolwut

Back
Top Bottom